PDA

View Full Version : I don't see why fans say Nall can't start and do well.

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Lets look at a few Green Bay backups behind Favre...

Mark Brunell. Two years in Green bay. Played in 2 games 0 starts.

12/27 95 yards 0 Td's 0 Ints.

Kurt Warner. Took no snaps as the 3rd string QB then cut.

Aaron Brooks. Appeared in no games, No stats in Green Bay.

Matt Hasslebeck. In 2 years there No starts. 13/29 145 2 Td's 0 ints.

Craig Nall 4 years in GB. No snaps in year 1 and only handed off in a game in year 2. Years 3 and 4 = 23/33 314 4 Td's 0 Ints.

Now call me crazy but it seems to me he is the most established of that group. How many probowlers listed there? 3 that I definately know made it after they became starters somewhere else. 3 Superbowl apperances between Warner and Matt H?

Now I am not saying Nall is going to come in and do what they have done, but as you can see, he is sure on the right track considering he led NFLE in 03 in QB rating.

Point is we dont' know, but history is sure on this kids side.

McBFLO
03-26-2006, 08:30 PM
I like the optimism.

McBFLO
03-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Seriously.

Gunzlingr
03-26-2006, 08:31 PM
:deadhorse:

Your are cruisin' for some negs! You are about to surpass Patmoran in the deadhorse beating contest. :mad:

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 08:38 PM
:deadhorse:

Your are cruisin' for some negs! You are about to surpass Patmoran in the deadhorse beating contest. :mad:

Ok hold up here. all I read is how nall sucks, nall can't do this can't do that blah blah blah. I just showed FACT backed up with history.

No one can pass pattie in that dept. And hey mod, Even though I haven't addressed him in a couple days he is still taking personal shots. You guys ever going to do anything about that?

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 09:06 PM
History.. YOu just named four quarterbacks who were backups who went on to bigger things.. Of those four, didnt you call Aaron Brooks a "gimmick quarterback" and a "joke"? That's the quarterback you wanna base a comparison to?

History is "not on his side" as there about 500 quarterbacks who were backups and third stringers and retired the same way for every jake delhomme..

Maybe Nall can become a decent quarterback and maybe even a starter.. But if you're even considering mortgaging the future of the Bills on a quarterback who's thrown 33 passes (didnt we do that with Rob Johnson recently), then you better get used to many more 5-11 seasons.

The guy couldn't even beat out PEDERSON for a second string job! And thats BEFORE they drafted Aaron Rodgers!

SHH.. Optimism is one thing.. To expect Craig Nall to become the next Kurt Warner is INSANE.. It's either JP or the draft.

Kerr
03-26-2006, 09:37 PM
History.. YOu just named four quarterbacks who were backups who went on to bigger things.. Of those four, didnt you call Aaron Brooks a "gimmick quarterback" and a "joke"? That's the quarterback you wanna base a comparison to?

History is "not on his side" as there about 500 quarterbacks who were backups and third stringers and retired the same way for every jake delhomme..

Maybe Nall can become a decent quarterback and maybe even a starter.. But if you're even considering mortgaging the future of the Bills on a quarterback who's thrown 33 passes (didnt we do that with Rob Johnson recently), then you better get used to many more 5-11 seasons.

The guy couldn't even beat out PEDERSON for a second string job! And thats BEFORE they drafted Aaron Rodgers!

SHH.. Optimism is one thing.. To expect Craig Nall to become the next Kurt Warner is INSANE.. It's either JP or the draft.

Agreed, but nall is a backup.
Like i've alreayd told ice in anothe thread, those guys were wanted and green bay was compensated for them, unlike nall who couldn't get any teams to have interest in him for a trade after his famous nfl europe stint. Still stuck on green bay's bench and only got teams interest because of free agency. Nobody wanted to give up anything for that guy, not for a backup.

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I dont hate Craig Nall, I got nothing against him being a Bill at all..

I just sure as hell aint ready to even THINK about him as a starter in March.. The guy has thrown 33 passes! and its not exactly like 31 other teams in the league were after him.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Agreed, but nall is a backup.
Like i've alreayd told ice in anothe thread, those guys were wanted and green bay was compensated for them, unlike nall who couldn't get any teams to have interest in him for a trade after his famous nfl europe stint. Still stuck on green bay's bench and only got teams interest because of free agency. Nobody wanted to give up anything for that guy, not for a backup.

Prove it. Show me where no one attempted a trade and GB said no thanks. GB has been making stupid moves since that new GM got in office. How do you fire a WINNING HC BTW?

Nall is going to do just fine. And as for as comparrisons go, the FACTS are right there. He did more in Green bay than ANY of the guys listed. Man are you guys going to be wailing soon.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:52 AM

Well said.

BillsNick
03-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Lets look at a few Green Bay backups behind Favre...

Mark Brunell. Two years in Green bay. Played in 2 games 0 starts.

12/27 95 yards 0 Td's 0 Ints.

Kurt Warner. Took no snaps as the 3rd string QB then cut.

Aaron Brooks. Appeared in no games, No stats in Green Bay.

Matt Hasslebeck. In 2 years there No starts. 13/29 145 2 Td's 0 ints.

Craig Nall 4 years in GB. No snaps in year 1 and only handed off in a game in year 2. Years 3 and 4 = 23/33 314 4 Td's 0 Ints.

Now call me crazy but it seems to me he is the most established of that group. How many probowlers listed there? 3 that I definately know made it after they became starters somewhere else. 3 Superbowl apperances between Warner and Matt H?

Now I am not saying Nall is going to come in and do what they have done, but as you can see, he is sure on the right track considering he led NFLE in 03 in QB rating.

Point is we dont' know, but history is sure on this kids side.

Good post ICE, I agree, we simply do not know what this kid can do yet, but if his progress follows history, we're in for some good luck.

Funny things happen, as we sit here and discuss this, in a year, we may be saying that this was one of the best signings we've ever made.........or maybe not....

TigerJ
03-27-2006, 08:20 AM
The Biggest knock on Nall is that he has Bledsoe like mobility. A porous offensive line will get him killed. Line him up behind 5 all pros and he's a can't miss QB. Line him up behind Buffalo's line and . . .

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Well said. LMAO they said worse about the QB's I listed.

Typical Bills fanbase. But you guys will learn soon enough.

Mr. Pink
03-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Lets just not address that GB has also had other QBs who barely saw time as a starter or barely saw the field period in the past 10-15 years. We'll only address the BRIGHT spots and no negative. It's easier to try and prove a very flimsy point that way. For every Kurt Warner there's a Ty Detmer, for every Aaron Brooks there's a Blair Kiel, for every Mark Brunell there's a Danny Wuerfel and for every Matt Hasselbeck there's a J.T. O'Sullivan. And that is without listing such great QBs such as Rick Mirer and Mike Norseth.

Point is, you never know what you're going to get, we could get the second coming of Matt Hasselbeck or the second coming of Blair Kiel. Putting all of your eggs in one basket on a career 3rd stringer isn't a wise and sound investment, fan wise or organization wise. To think that Nall is going to be the second coming of Hasselbeck with no thoughts towards him being a bust, which lets all face it most QBs do that, would be ludicrous.

All that notwithstanding, if Nall ends up being the "guy" I hope he does well and can show he can lead this team to victories. But history is definitely not on his side.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Lets just not address that GB has also had other QBs who barely saw time as a starter or barely saw the field period in the past 10-15 years. We'll only address the BRIGHT spots and no negative. It's easier to try and prove a very flimsy point that way. For every Kurt Warner there's a Ty Detmer, for every Aaron Brooks there's a Blair Kiel, for every Mark Brunell there's a Danny Wuerfel and for every Matt Hasselbeck there's a J.T. O'Sullivan. And that is without listing such great QBs such as Rick Mirer and Mike Norseth.

Point is, you never know what you're going to get, we could get the second coming of Matt Hasselbeck or the second coming of Blair Kiel. Putting all of your eggs in one basket on a career 3rd stringer isn't a wise and sound investment, fan wise or organization wise. To think that Nall is going to be the second coming of Hasselbeck with no thoughts towards him being a bust, which lets all face it most QBs do that, would be ludicrous.

All that notwithstanding, if Nall ends up being the "guy" I hope he does well and can show he can lead this team to victories. But history is definitely not on his side.

Well said.

Kerr
03-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Prove it. Show me where no one attempted a trade and GB said no thanks. GB has been making stupid moves since that new GM got in office. How do you fire a WINNING HC BTW?

Nall is going to do just fine. And as for as comparrisons go, the FACTS are right there. He did more in Green bay than ANY of the guys listed. Man are you guys going to be wailing soon.

He didn't do jack ****, ice. He racked up stats in garbage time and all of a sudden he's going to be fine? I can't believe your using mop up duty stats to sell this guy. :rofl:
I don't have a proof nobody wanted to trade for him, I just said I bet because if someone actually wanted him,they would have had him already. It's not like he's matt shaub, in which he's vital to the qb spot on that team. What does ted thompson have to do with nall. You keep bringning him up like it's all his fault nall sucks.
ice, if you're going to neg me, you might as well leave a clue it's you.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
He didn't do jack ****, ice. He racked up stats in garbage time and all of a sudden he's going to be fine? I can't believe your using mop up duty stats to sell this guy. :rofl:
I don't have a proof nobody wanted to trade for him, I just said I bet because if someone actually wanted him,they would have had him already. It's not like he's matt shaub, in which he's vital to the qb spot on that team. What does ted thompson have to do with nall. You keep bringning him up like it's all his fault nall sucks.

He treats a message board like it's an arcade game..

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM

I believe I am about the only guy here that pos reps you. Secondly, NONE of the guys I listed did any BETTER than Nall.

Now we have one guy talking about detmer blah blah blah , again didn't do much more than nall right?

So again, no one can sit here, like you, and say this kid won't start and wont' win in this league. If nall sucks then so did Brunell, Hasslebeck etc.

Ted Thompson drafted Aaron Rogers. He made Sherman insert him as the #2 QB. If I remember the press correctly Sherman didn't want Rogers, he wanted linemen. then Thompson fires Sherman a winning HC. TT is a fuggin moron.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Putting all of your eggs in one basket on a career 3rd stringer isn't a wise and sound investment, fan wise or organization wise.

Who said we were? I didn't. Marv didn't. Modrak didnt. John Guy, Ralph Wilson, Fairchild etc didnt.

Last I checked we have 3 QB's on this roster. Hell Marv won't even let JP have season he needs, so I don't think they are putting all of thier eggs in one basket.

But I will say this...for some reason, Marv and co really wanted this guy. But hey, WTF do they know?

Kerr
03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I believe I am about the only guy here that pos reps you. Secondly, NONE of the guys I listed did any BETTER than Nall.

Now we have one guy talking about detmer blah blah blah , again didn't do much more than nall right?

So again, no one can sit here, like you, and say this kid won't start and wont' win in this league. If nall sucks then so did Brunell, Hasslebeck etc.

Ted Thompson drafted Aaron Rogers. He made Sherman insert him as the #2 QB. If I remember the press correctly Sherman didn't want Rogers, he wanted linemen. then Thompson fires Sherman a winning HC. TT is a fuggin moron.

Riiight.
They all did mop up duty, but they were wanted. Like I told you, nall would have been on a different team if he was wanted. TT would have traded him and still would have drafted rogers.
Tell you what, Ice? I'm going to make a bet with you. You'll have the opportunity to get richer on this board. I bet you that by the start of the season nall won't be the starting qb. If i'm wrong, you get all my zonebucks.
Stop mentioning tt already. He has nothing to do with nall.

Kerr
03-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Who said we were? I didn't. Marv didn't. Modrak didnt. John Guy, Ralph Wilson, Fairchild etc didnt.

Last I checked we have 3 QB's on this roster. Hell Marv won't even let JP have season he needs, so I don't think they are putting all of thier eggs in one basket.

But I will say this...for some reason, Marv and co really wanted this guy. But hey, WTF do they know?

Hey Marv's a genius, but he's not perfect. He's allowed one free agent screw up.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey Marv's a genius, but he's not perfect. He's allowed one free agent screw up.

:roflmao: LMAO I gotta love the pitbull attitude. No gettin you off of that bone!

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
If Nall doesnt work out we can always draft Jim Pissnchit from Tennessee Valley State.. It the same school that Bret Favre's wive's second cousin's best friend went to.