X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Marv doubters

There's a above average chance that he knows football payers better then we do. Even the best of us. We are fans and he has a professional staff.. I'm not saying i think he's perfect or flawless but he has a plan. No big name FA's seems to be the biggest gripe, and no lineman. But Fowler from what i've researched seems liek 1 hellova pick... I was thinking of this thread because a Older Bills fan that i know put me on the spot with this. He had more conviction but teh point is solid that Marv has earned our trust. Enough that we don't get all frantic before anything bad has happened..

-This is a very exciting season. We are fortunate to have Marv. ((I'm not as big a Marv lover as my username would indicate, just very happy to see him home again))) After all who woulda thought Marv Levy would be here??
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Marv doubters

Nice post, I have a great deal of faith in Marv and his abilities.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I have a great deal of faith and his abilities in Marv Levy; as a head coach.

Right now, until he proves otherwise, he's an 80-year old rookie GM. Name recognition at the GM spot doesnt win football games, it sure as hell hasn't enticed big names to sign with Buffalo (not that marv was looking at them anyway, as I trust he does have a plan)... solid organizational pickups and additions do.. I do like the fact that Modrak is there for him, as he has experience in this kind of role.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

well i know more than marv but the rest of you guys no way
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• McBFLO
          • Mar 2003

Pat, you act like head coach and GM responsibilities are as different as heart surgery and running a lemonade stand. While the two positions are different (HC and GM), they still both deal with football. They both involve dealing with the personalities of coaches and players, recognizing talent when you see it... As far as the contract stuff is concerned, that's why he has his staff. Overdorf (I believe) is handling that area. Plus, like you mentioned, Modrak is here to assist him. So, while this is his 1st year as a GM, calling Marv a "rookie" GM isn't quite fair. He's been a part of football and the NFL for many years. He has more experience that you're trying to make it sound. I think the guy will be good for this team.
          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Marvelous
            • Feb 2004

GO BILLS!!! NE
            Magical Trevor

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pepperkorn
              Pat, you act like head coach and GM responsibilities are as different as heart surgery and running a lemonade stand. While the two positions are different (HC and GM), they still both deal with football. They both involve dealing with the personalities of coaches and players, recognizing talent when you see it... As far as the contract stuff is concerned, that's why he has his staff. Overdorf (I believe) is handling that area. Plus, like you mentioned, Modrak is here to assist him. So, while this is his 1st year as a GM, calling Marv a "rookie" GM isn't quite fair. He's been a part of football and the NFL for many years. He has more experience that you're trying to make it sound. I think the guy will be good for this team.
              You are talking to a stone wall. Don't even bother. Good post though.

Comment

Working...
              X