PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Countdown Updated

SpanishBill
03-27-2006, 03:35 AM
NFL Draft Countdown has updated the Mock Draft even adding a Third Round, which I think is a new feature (last time Ichecked they only had two rounds). It's a nice site so I thought somebody else might be interested in taking a look at it.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

BTW, they have the Bills selecting:

1st (# 8) DT Haloti Ngata - Oregon
2nd (#42) OT Eric Winston - Miami (FL)
3rd (#70) S Anthony Smith - Syracuse
3rd (#73) CB Marcus Maxey - Miami (FL)

I like the first 3, but maybe with the second 3rd we should go OG if any interesting prospect at that pos is left. Or even DE Daryl Tapp, who they have going to Detroit at #74.

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 03:42 AM
I could live with that draft

Oaklandraider
03-27-2006, 03:47 AM
winston in the 2nd litle low isnt it?? he might be scooped up by then.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-27-2006, 06:03 AM
I dont know if I would take Winston over charles spencer or Jean-Gilles, but I do like the 1st and 3rd. I would also look at daryll tapp in the third hes a beast.

Jan Reimers
03-27-2006, 06:16 AM
That would be a really good draft, but I'd like to see another O or D lineman with our 2nd pick in the 3rd round. Smith is a great playmaker and, as a huge 'Cuse fan, I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:15 AM
I'd still address the lines with both 3rd round picks. We have our starters at Safety, draft some depth after the Lines are addressed

mysticsoto
03-27-2006, 07:41 AM
I doubt Eric Winston lasts that long. Most sites I've seen have him going in the late 1st rd. He did have a really nice combine that elevated him. Also, I think he's more of a RT and we already have that.

And how can they not pick up a guard for us? We currently have no starting LG - Bennie Anderson needs to become a backup and I prefer to keep Preston in reserve with the possibility of him taking over Center at some point this season. The 2nd should have been used for a top guard (we should be able to get one of the top 3).

This draft also seems to assume that Andre Davis will pan out as a WR for us. I hope that is the case...A WR is probably more important than a Safety at this point...

The Spaz
03-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Just say no to Ngata!

Jan Reimers
03-27-2006, 09:07 AM
I'd still address the lines with both 3rd round picks. We have our starters at Safety, draft some depth after the Lines are addressed
I'm not sure that Bowen is a starting-caliber SS, nor am I convinced that we have a potential replacement on our current roster for Vincent, who appears to be in serious decline.

Bill Cody
03-27-2006, 09:08 AM
The first two picks are excellent. Winston would be a great pick. He was considered a possible top 10 pick until he hurt his knee. His performance last year wasn't as good as a result. But he run a sub 5.0 40 at the combine so he's healthy now. He would step in day 1 as our LT and probably be there for the next decade.

hydro
03-27-2006, 09:14 AM
I guess that would work with our draft history the last two years. The U (miami u.) is takin over the Bills.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure that Bowen is a starting-caliber SS, nor am I convinced that we have a potential replacement on our current roster for Vincent, who appears to be in serious decline.

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say we already have our starters at safety is garbage.. Bowens COULD end up starting.. But if we're going to just "hand" the starting job (sound familar?) to a guy who hasnt started in over two years, that's pretty stupid.. The way the SKins' throw money around I'd be a bit concerned they didnt want Bowens. Nobody knows defense beter than Greg Williams, I'm sure he had input into Bowens..

Vincent is on a decline, though I think a cover two is better for him. I seen a few nice things from Rashad Baker but nothing to show me he'd be a great starter.

If Vincent continues to get worse, or gets hurt.. WE're ready to play a season with Baker and Bowens are our starters for sure? HOrse****.. If there is a good safety out there you take him..

Kinda funny Ice.. Competition at QB and nearly every other spot, but not safety huh? I mean I understand we have such an abundance of proven starters there and all...

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Winston aint escaping the first round.. The Giants are in love with him.

Needs to be a guard somewhere on that first day as well.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 09:37 AM
When Marv spoke about Bowens, he stated it was April who wanted him. Not our DB coach or our DC. So I think he was brought in mainly for ST although that could change at camp.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:45 AM
When Marv spoke about Bowens, he stated it was April who wanted him. Not our DB coach or our DC. So I think he was brought in mainly for ST although that could change at camp.

Exactly.. The more i've learned about Bowens the more I actually like him. I"m not hating on him. i'm told this guy eat, breathes and sleeps football.. He could end up starting at safety.

But I sure as hell won't pass on a Huff or Jimmy Williams because Bowen is on the roster.. Or a Bullocks in round two for that matter..

Ya know this team needs SO much, trading down almost HAS to happen for this to be a really great draft... Unless someone like Hawk slips to 8

Gunzlingr
03-27-2006, 09:47 AM
I could live with that draft.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Exactly.. The more i've learned about Bowens the more I actually like him. I"m not hating on him. i'm told this guy eat, breathes and sleeps football.. He could end up starting at safety.

But I sure as hell won't pass on a Huff or Jimmy Williams because Bowen is on the roster.. Or a Bullocks in round two for that matter..

Ya know this team needs SO much, trading down almost HAS to happen for this to be a really great draft... Unless someone like Hawk slips to 8

I'll feel a lot better with another safety. As a 'Cuse fan I like Anthony Smith, but I think 3rd might be a little high for him. he should still be there in the 4th-5th. I still say you've got to go Hawk/Huff/Davis if any of them are there at 8. If not, I think Ngata/Jimmy Williams (and maybe Bunkley) are the next tier. I am not that high on Winston Justice, don't like the "maturity issues" that you always see mentioned in his draft profiles.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 10:11 AM
When you pick in the top 10, you need to get a player who will impact the entire franchise, regardless of where he plays..

Whether is a DT like Richard Seymour (6th) has done for the Pats, a RB like LT (5th) for San Diego or a safety like Roy Williams (6th-I think) for Dallas.. First round needs franchise impact ramifications..

You show how smart you REALLY are in the rest of the draft as you target needs throughout, even if they are 1-2 rounds lower/higher than other teams have graded them..

Sportsuser101
03-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Winston aint escaping the first round.. The Giants are in love with him.

Needs to be a guard somewhere on that first day as well.

Well thank you draft genius.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Well thank you draft genius.

Thanks for the compliment. (sarcasm)

I'd LOVE to have Eric Winston in round two.. I'd also love to have Chad Jackson and Broderik Bunkley and Tamba Hali in round two. It's not happening..

Eric Winston isnt lasting until the 10th pick of round two. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out.

Bmax
03-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Remember bowens only signed a two year deal....I like baker who knows maybe he beats out old man vincent in camp. I doubt it though.....Wire as a back up scares me...he has to go....I love Winston.....He is a pure LT...Very athletic good feet...Needs to get a little stronger and improve his technique...But you could say that about every o-lineman in the draft.

1.NGATA

2.SPENCER- If he is there i got a feeling he is going in rd 1......If not then how about Cedric griffin move him to safety... He is flying up draft boards.. I love the guy saw him play in title game and senior bowl.. playermaker . http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/cedricgriffin.html

3a. Andrew Whitworth-RT who played left in college..think of Jon Runyan MEAN SOB who dominated miami def in peach bowl... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/andrewwhitworth.html

3b.Danieal Manning-cb-s-sleeper...if not there i'll take Rob simms ohio st or look at wr brandon marshall from central florida..

With moulds gone we could have . Evans, Reed, Parrish, Davis and Marshall....Aiken and Smith odd men out. We are still going to need a 5 wr this year i say go with a guy who has size. We already have a st guy in Parrish so the need for the return game won't be great...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/brandonmarshall.html

Others to considerm on draft day

Kevin Boothe-OG-Cornell

Jason Spitz--OG-C-Wisc.

Marques Colston-wr -Hofstra-big wr dev type -rds 4-6

Guy Whimper-OT- East Carolina

Rashard Butler-OT- Miami

James Wyche-DE-Syracuse

Frostee Rucker-de-usc- what a great name for a future bill .. the promotions would be endless.... Every game i watched with usc the guy made plays.. all game long...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/frosteerucker.html

Marshall in rd 3 could be a lttle high...He would be a great pick up for a team in rd 3-5....

Bmax