clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 08:39 AM
1 - OT Winston Justice (USC)
2 - SOLB Bobby Carpenter (Ohio St)
3 - DE Ray Edwards (Purdue)
3 - WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)
4 - DT Barry Cofield (Northwestern)
5 - OL Adam Stenavich (Michigan)

Please re-read some of the comments.....

Check out the thread

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=89988

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 08:42 AM
1 - OT Winston Justice (USC)

Check out the thread

I still to DT in the first, OT or OG in the 2nd unless something changes between now and the draft.

BillsNick
03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Not what you would call "sexy" picks, but very possible.

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
I just remember how people criticized my choice.....how many mocks have started having Justice at#8??

Carpenter in rd 2 would be a steal as would Ray Edwards

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 08:54 AM
I just remember how people criticized my choice.....how many mocks have started having Justice at#8??

Oh I am with you, I have no problem with Justice at #8. Only an 'epert' or two here feel NO player is worth the #8 pick unless it is a QB, Hawk or Huff.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:04 AM

As would stouval in round 4. though he's move up and will be long gone by the fourth..

I wouldnt take Justice 8th overall, BUT.. You could be right as it wouldnt surprise me at all for Marv to take him. I'm hoping we can trade down 1-4 spots in this draft, we could still justice and more to come with him.

Carpenter would be a huge steal, but a few semi-funny things would have to happen.. If we picked a little eariler in round two I'd feel real good about that.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh I am with you, I have no problem with Justice at #8. Only an 'epert' or two here feel NO player is worth the #8 pick unless it is a QB, Hawk or Huff.

You wouldn't take AJ Hawk with the eighth pick if he slipped that far?

I don't even need to say anything else. It doesnt take an 'epert' to know who how much you know about football if your saying you pass on Hawk at 8.

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Hawk was gone before #8.......I was Bills GM in a mock draft at KFFL...it was Justice or one of the DTs.....at the time, I did not believe the Bills would let Adams go

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Clump.
I know you'd take Hawk if he was there at 8, 31 other GMs would as well.
I was referring to him.

Letting go of Adams doesnt look so great right now, as because we signed neither a starting tackle NOR a guard in FA, it leaves us with three spots to fill with this draft..

BillsNick
03-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Clump.
I know you'd take Hawk if he was there at 8, 31 other GMs would as well.
I was referring to him.

Letting go of Adams doesnt look so great right now, as because we signed neither a starting tackle NOR a guard in FA, it leaves us with three spots to fill with this draft..

What are the chances that we try to get Adams back?

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Right now....I would look at DT or DB before OL....value is there at #8

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I actually think it's possible that they consider bringing Adams back.....

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Right now....I would look at DT or DB before OL....value is there at #8

Agreed..
Bunkley, Ngata, Huff or even Jimmy Williams would be better picks at eight than Justice.

BTW, nobody talks about Jimmy Williams, he'll probably go between 11-14, he's going to be a REALLY good pro. a Darren Woodson type

BillsNick
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I actually think it's possible that they consider bringing Adams back.....

Do you think he would want to come back?

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Do you think he would want to come back?

No, unless he can't find a job anywhere.

I think it was a huge mistake to let him go personally as he has proven how good he can be with a competent DT next to him.

Who knows though.. Teams havent lined up to take their shot at him in FA either. Maybe his health is worse than any of us know or something.

Or maybe he just has that dickhead Angelo Wright as an agent who expects him to get the same money he got when he went to Balt in 2000.

Gunzlingr
03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I could see bringing him back, and I could see him coming back maybe on a 1 year deal since he hasn't drawn any public interest.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I could see bringing him back, and I could see him coming back maybe on a 1 year deal since he hasn't drawn any public interest.

Id' love for you to be right on this.

Gunzlingr
03-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Me too :(

BillsNick
03-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Me three

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Me four

TigerJ
03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Cofield caught a lot of eyes at the combine. He had possibly the best combine of any DT. He had almost as many reps as Ngata and had the second best 40. He tied for the best 10 yard dash (a better distance for comparison of DTs). He's a little light by today's standards, but has the height to add another 15 - 20 lbs. The only problem is his combine probably bumped him up to a third round pick. I'm also intrigued by Kedrick Golston who had similar numbers at the combine. I agree with Patmoran that If Winston is the man for Buffalo they might be able to trade down a few spots and still get him. He could be a solid pick for the Bills though.

OpIv37
03-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Stovall is a true possession receiver- lacks speed but has great size, great hands, and great moves with the ball.

But since we signed Davis and re-signed Reed, I don't see the Bills going after him.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
of all the signings we made this FA season, Reed and Davis baffle me the most... Davis cant stay healthy and Reed is consistent at being inconsistent... One of these two guys now have to start as parrish sure as hell wont.

I wish we would have waited to either the draft or even after June 1st to address this spot.. Stouvall would be a GREAT #2 WR for us, but he's out of the mix now.

DraftBoy
03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=clumping platelets]1 - OT Winston Justice (USC)

Check out the thread

I think Justice is still a reach at 8 but by no means a bad pick, just think he'd be much better at pick 10 or 11. Carpenter may be there, may not but I dont like the pick, we have too many OL needs on the interior to go with a somewhat luxury pick at OLB. We have three possible starters on the outside in Posey, Crowell, and Spikes. OLB is not nearly as big a need as round 2 which is going to be fertile OG land. Edwards and Stovall are good picks in the 3rd and not at all reaches although switching them may be a good idea as Edwards will go later than Stovall. Cofield in my opion is not a good pick and a better prospect would be Louisville's Motavious Stanley. Stenavich I dont like as a pick bc he is a college OT who is going to need to move inside and learn a new posistion a sleeper pick may be Jahri Evans out of Bloomsburg, or we could go S/CB posistion and try and get Gerrick McPhearson from Maryland or Darrell Brooks from Arizona. But overall like I said before good picks.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
if the Bills have WInston Justice tapped, they can definitely trade down with Arizona (who desperately wants a QB) and still get Justice, and pick up more picks... As long as Cutler or Young last past seven.

DraftBoy
03-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Both should

mysticsoto
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
of all the signings we made this FA season, Reed and Davis baffle me the most... Davis cant stay healthy and Reed is consistent at being inconsistent... One of these two guys now have to start as parrish sure as hell wont.

I wish we would have waited to either the draft or even after June 1st to address this spot.. Stouvall would be a GREAT #2 WR for us, but he's out of the mix now.

Keeping Reed and offering him a decent contract is definitely baffling. Davis not so much so to me...they may be thinking that is injuries are behind him. But Reed has shown us his best and Marv cannot be impressed! I hope Wilson is given a fair shot this year. He tried and did great last year and was shunned. I don't know what Reed does behind close doors to the coaches, but whatever it is, he gets them to keep him... :cynic:

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I think Justice is still a reach at 8 but by no means a bad pick, just think he'd be much better at pick 10 or 11. Carpenter may be there, may not but I dont like the pick, we have too many OL needs on the interior to go with a somewhat luxury pick at OLB. We have three possible starters on the outside in Posey, Crowell, and Spikes. OLB is not nearly as big a need as round 2 which is going to be fertile OG land. Edwards and Stovall are good picks in the 3rd and not at all reaches although switching them may be a good idea as Edwards will go later than Stovall. Cofield in my opion is not a good pick and a better prospect would be Louisville's Motavious Stanley. Stenavich I dont like as a pick bc he is a college OT who is going to need to move inside and learn a new posistion a sleeper pick may be Jahri Evans out of Bloomsburg, or we could go S/CB posistion and try and get Gerrick McPhearson from Maryland or Darrell Brooks from Arizona. But overall like I said before good picks.

1) I tried to trade down...no takers

1a) In the draft, you do not target player positions in the draft, you target talented players and value

2) You assume that drafting an G in rd 2 results in a starter....you cannot make that assumption

3) LB is more of a pressing need than you think....we have NO viable replacement for Posey on the roster......Posey is not a good fit for "cover 2"......Spikes is coming off major injury, who knows how well he can rebound.....Fletcher and Posey are UFA after 2006....this is why hawk is my choice at #8 if he's there

4) Stenavich has played both G and T at Michigan, yes, mostly T but a switch to G is not a disincentive to draft him....his versatility is a plus

5) Cofield fits our scheme....do not know much about Stanley

6) Do not disagree about Edwards/Stovall....that's how the mock draft fell......I like Stovall because of his size..we need a WR like that. Edwards would be a potential future replacement for Kelsay who is UFA after 2006