• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

If The Bills Picked First..

* McGee doesnt play one man show and account for 14 second half points alone, and we lose to Cinci.

* JP doesnt throw the best 2 passes of his life to Evans and we dont be KC.

* Kelly Holcomb doesnt lead us to both of those boring home wins vs Miami and the Jets early in the season.

The Bills end up with the worst record in football, the roster is EXACTLY the same as it is right now, and NO team is willing to trade up to the top spot as it would cost too much..

Bills have the FIRST pick in this draft and they're on the clock.
    Who ya got??

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

Re: If The Bills Picked First..

D-Furg and I don't think twice....

Comment

• clumping platelets

Ferguson edges out Mario Williams

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Brick.. Safe pick.. Def going to give you a good LT for a long time, possibly a dominant tackle who will make many Pro Bowls.. Hard to say anything about him.

Not sure your general public will be happy you left Bush or Leinart on the board, as you have a football stadium to sell out.. But it's hard to come up with a weakness in Brick's game... I think most fans hate the pick at first but look years back and say Brick was a bad mo-fo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Are there teams desperate for Bush? maybe I'd trade down and still end up w/ a top 10 draft pick and another late 1st.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Are there teams desperate for Bush? maybe I'd trade down and still end up w/ a top 10 draft pick and another late 1st.
            that's the obvious choice but he said no team will trade up...

Ferguson.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Vernon Davis
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Ferguson.
                Plus with NO picking #2, there's no way we'd still get Brick. So #1 has to be Brick.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I'd take Ferguson, who could anchor our O line for 10 years (Salary Cap and Free Agency willing.) Bush looks like a Marshall Faulk kind of guy - which is very good - but he probably won't be able to carry the ball 25 times a game.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BigGabes23
                    • Mar 2006

I think he said trading down was not an option.

I always say that you fill holes with FA, but you draft for the future. Guys you draft will eventually fill holes in 2-3 years. Unfortunately, the Bills last four drafts have been horrible, maybe second worst to only the Browns. So in the situation of having the number one pick, you have to take someone who will fill a who AND be good for the future. D Furguson is the only one who fills both.

RB and CB 1 CB2 are the only positions I am satisifed with on this yeam (so you cannot take Bush) and You need to give Losman a full year, before you can decide on him. Having a o-line, a running game , and a D Fense would help him. If you take Linehert, you might as well cut Losman, efectivily wasting 2 1st round draft picks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Ferguson.
                      Oops, Fergy.
                      Attached Files
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'm a make, make, make you scream. Make u scream, make you scream. Cos of My Hump, My Hump, My Hump, My Hump!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

My pick is Matt Leinart, and I use the Indianopolis Colts as my model.

When Manning was selected as the first overall selection by the Colts in 1998, the Colts were regarded league-wide as a joke, very similar to what the Bills are looked at league-wide right now.

It puts an immediate end to this QB Carnival that is piling up at OBD.. Leinart is your undisputed leader of your football team for the next decade, just like Jim Kelly was in Buffalo before... He's a natural born leader and his physical abilities are stellar. He's very intelligent and knows how to run a football team.

I would know that no matter who the Bills take they have basically no chance to contend this year. This is part of my two-three year rebuilding plan, the MOST important position on the football field and a guy who will absolutely give me the same leadership I had with Kelly.

In 98 with the Colts the team used their first FOUR picks on offense.. I do the same albiet a little differently. I use my first pick of the second round on the best tackle, and my first pick of the third round on a guard.

Sure as hell know my fans will be more patient as I take the top-rated franchise QB on the board. I enter 2007 with my franchise QB having a year under his belt, and same for a new starting LT and G

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            My pick is Matt Leinart, and I use the Indianopolis Colts as my model.

When Manning was selected as the first overall selection by the Colts in 1998, the Colts were regarded league-wide as a joke, very similar to what the Bills are looked at league-wide right now.

It puts an immediate end to this QB Carnival that is piling up at OBD.. Leinart is your undisputed leader of your football team for the next decade, just like Jim Kelly was in Buffalo before... He's a natural born leader and his physical abilities are stellar. He's very intelligent and knows how to run a football team.

I would know that no matter who the Bills take they have basically no chance to contend this year. This is part of my two-three year rebuilding plan, the MOST important position on the football field and a guy who will absolutely give me the same leadership I had with Kelly.

In 98 with the Colts the team used their first FOUR picks on offense.. I do the same albiet a little differently. I use my first pick of the second round on the best tackle, and my first pick of the third round on a guard.

Sure as hell know my fans will be more patient as I take the top-rated franchise QB on the board.
                            Or he could turn into headcase Ryan Leaf you never know. If your memory is still working properly Pat, you'd remember that there was a BIG debate over which QB to take Manning or Leaf that year. Indy ended up taking the right one leaving SD with Leaf.

If we had the number 1 pick I would attempt to trade Willis away, there are teams who need running back help. Then use the number 1 pick to draft Reggie Bush who's been labelled as "can't miss" by just about everyone. Willis should fetch a 2 from someone who needs RB help, Jets, Niners for example. Which then can be used to get more "quality players" to help in the trenches. Hell you could then take your two 2's and trade back into the bottom end of Rd1 if say Winston Justice was somehow still available, which I doubt highly. Either way you have a franchise running back for the next 10 years who isn't coming off injury and won't be pulled out of the game on passing downs.

And by the way I LOVE D'Brickshaw, as a Browns fan I was hoping he came out last year like originally speculated and that they woulda taken him at 3. But with the TOP pick you can't really afford to pass on the guy who in everyones' minds is the best player available. ie FRANCHISE PLAYER.

I'm sure this opinion won't be too popular around these parts.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              Or he could turn into headcase Ryan Leaf you never know. If your memory is still working properly Pat, you'd remember that there was a BIG debate over which QB to take Manning or Leaf that year. Indy ended up taking the right one leaving SD with Leaf.

If we had the number 1 pick I would attempt to trade Willis away, there are teams who need running back help. Then use the number 1 pick to draft Reggie Bush who's been labelled as "can't miss" by just about everyone. Willis should fetch a 2 from someone who needs RB help, Jets, Niners for example. Which then can be used to get more "quality players" to help in the trenches. Hell you could then take your two 2's and trade back into the bottom end of Rd1 if say Winston Justice was somehow still available, which I doubt highly. Either way you have a franchise running back for the next 10 years who isn't coming off injury and won't be pulled out of the game on passing downs.

And by the way I LOVE D'Brickshaw, as a Browns fan I was hoping he came out last year like originally speculated and that they woulda taken him at 3. But with the TOP pick you can't really afford to pass on the guy who in everyones' minds is the best player available. ie FRANCHISE PLAYER.

I'm sure this opinion won't be too popular around these parts.
                              Nah its a good point.

* Leinart isnt a headcase.. Leaf from the time he was in COLLEGE was 100% physical ability.. Many will argue that Cutler has more physical ability than Leinart this year. Lienart is a cerebral assasin.

* I also would have Bush second.. NOt only is he a game breaker, he's also marqee and would put Buffalo back on the map around the league (as would Leinart too)..

The arguement with either of these picks if we have two young players here in Willis and Losman.. I buy into Willis a lot more than I buy Losman...

But the Losman argument surely to ensue is exactly the reason I pick Leinart.. It ENDS it and I begin MY era as GM with the QB that I WANT...

A great QB will keep his team competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X