X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

How R these guys still HERE....

I have a list of players IN MY OPINION that definetly should not be on the roster and I think if these guys would have been let go we could have even been more successful in FA..

1. Jeff Posey- super unproductive, I am sick of reading how steady he is what does he have 3 sacks in 3 years that is worth 2.5million a year

2. Bennie Anderson- Come ON R u Kiddin me 2 million a year

3. Tim Anderson- It was Fun watching an NFL Lineman on his back for a entire season

4. Troy Vincent- Too Old, Can't do anything against the run, Give Rashad a shot have veteran presance in Bowen

5. Josh Reed- Stunned

6. Shaud Williams- Too Small, not productive enough when given chance, Can't Pass Block

7. Damion Shelton- Too One Dimensional, Very predicatable, missed to many blocks and can't do anything with the ball which was painfully obvious last year, LIKE John Goldsberry, can catch and block good size and speed and is crazy on special teams in college.

8. Sam Aiken- Anytime u r Ready to catch a pass it's only been 3 years

9. Chris Villereal- Always Hurt every game and gets blown up against inside pas rushers all day long, can do better than him in the draft easily and he is making way too much!

10. Lauvale Sape- We cut him twice already but he stinks around and i didn't miss spell that, worthless gets blown up at point of attack and is always on the ground

Any Thoughts????
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: How R these guys still HERE....

Vincent's here cuz he has an insanely low cap number and he's one of the smartest guys in the NFL, although I agree that he has lost a step recently.

Aiken has had his moments and is not a bad 4th WR- this team does have too many WR's on the roster right now.

The Reed signing makes no sense.

I agree that Shaud is too small, but the old staff loved him and the new staff doesn't seem to care too much about finding a #2 RB.

Villarial and B. Anderson both suck. Sape and T. Anderson are still learning but I wouldn't lose any sleep over both of them being cut. Unfortunately Marv has done NOTHING about finding replacements, and until he does they will remain on the team.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• footballhottie
      • Feb 2005

i agree with B Anderson...what a POS he lost the NE game for us

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
        I have a list of players IN MY OPINION that definetly should not be on the roster and I think if these guys would have been let go we could have even been more successful in FA..

1. Jeff Posey- super unproductive, I am sick of reading how steady he is what does he have 3 sacks in 3 years that is worth 2.5million a year

3. Tim Anderson- It was Fun watching an NFL Lineman on his back for a entire season

4. Troy Vincent- Too Old, Can't do anything against the run, Give Rashad a shot have veteran presance in Bowen

5. Josh Reed- Stunned

6. Shaud Williams- Too Small, not productive enough when given chance, Can't Pass Block

7. Damion Shelton- Too One Dimensional, Very predicatable, missed to many blocks and can't do anything with the ball which was painfully obvious last year, LIKE John Goldsberry, can catch and block good size and speed and is crazy on special teams in college.

9. Chris Villereal- Always Hurt every game and gets blown up against inside pas rushers all day long, can do better than him in the draft easily and he is making way too much!

10. Lauvale Sape- We cut him twice already but he stinks around and i didn't miss spell that, worthless gets blown up at point of attack and is always on the ground

Any Thoughts????
        you know me.. Yes, I have thoughts..

With the exception of Anderson (Bennie) I wouldnt cut a single player on this roster right now you mentioned, and for ONE reason only.

* We aint taking their cap savings and signing anybody noteworthy with it anyway.. If we were being aggressive in FA i'd say axe MOST of them and become a bigger player in the open market.. So cutting all these guys would do nothing but save Ralph Wilson some more bucks.

I totally disagree with you about Aiken, he's a GREAT special teams player and we stay in games on our special teams play. I wouldnt touch a solid special teams player on this unit, except for Wire, who SHOULD be on your list as we'd save $600k by cutting him and he's garbage as a safety.

Tim Anderson at least provides depth at DT so I keep him and you need Shelton because we have no other FB.

Reed I love as a third receiever and HATE as a second receiver, he got paid too much I find it hard to fathom we didnt have a better backup plan than that.

Villarrial cutting him makes no sense right now, again ONLY because we did NOTHING to address a guard yet in FA..

Posey needs to be kept around for nothing other than insurance reasons, for now. I highly doubt he'll be on this team come September.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

I disagree with you on Aiken, I understand he is good on special teams, but absolutley no production on offense and it has been three years, plus he could be replaced at anytime by someone like Eric King or even a backup saftey on special teams or heck even George Wilson. Tim Anderson is a joke on the interior and you can get depth by signing pope or even friggin jason jefferson, I definetly agree thou with Coy Overatted Wire he is worthless and if he didnt have a catchy name would have been released long time ago.

Posey on the other hand has been a very weak point for our defense, and a bust as FA signings go, We have Angelo Crowell, Mario Haggan, Josh Stamer, Liam Ezkiel all top flight candidates for special teams as well as giving them a shot at starting couldn't do any worse

With all that said I would have like to see these guys either not signed you know who I mean JR, Sam Aiken, or cut before FA Started along with the other dead weight now we should wait until June 1st to axe all these bums and replace them with bums from other teams just so I dont have to look at there names on the roster anymore!!
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352

5. Josh Reed- Stunned

Any Thoughts????
            Anderson did play well the last month. Ran right over G Neal from the Pats, who many wanted here ( not me ) . He's a good rotation guy. Still need another DT to replace Adams.

I can see your point on the rest but you can't expect that much change/upgrade in one off-season. Some we may need for another year before replacements are found.

My expectations are that this team needs a year to get going in the right direction and another off-season to finish off a roster that can compete for the last wild card spot. I can't blame Marv and Jauron for this mess. It takes time.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Wasnt Sape a practice squad player who was activated when Edwards went down?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Sape was cut twice and put on the practice squad twice
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Posey--isn't put in many situations to rush the passer, so lack of sacks doesn't bother me. We're supposed to be so deep at LB...if any of the back-ups are better they'll pass him on the depth chart-otherwise he'll start again this year, and we could do much worse.

Anderson (Bennie)--should be a goner. Not a player, and good cap relief.

Anderson (Tim)--adequate depth player...we should keep him until someone better comes along.

Vincent--yeah, he's lost a step, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the cover-2 defense. Could be a vital component in the defensive switch.

Reed--good third receiver, good downfield blocker...I think Josh redeemed himself last year after a terrible '04.

Williams--he should go, especially if Gates steps up this year.

Shelton--one of the better blocking fullbacks in the league...he's a keeper.

Aiken--adequate fourth receiver, good special teams. Marv likes special teamers.

Villariel--he could go as far as I'm concerned.

Sape--good depth player...could step up and contribute more.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

There are very few quality players left in free agency, and we have 9 draft picks, including 2 seventh rounders. While I'm sure a few of these guys won't be on the opening day roster, we really can't afford to get rid of 10 players, some of whom are at least valuable backups and good special teamers.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

i think s.williams is valuable to our team.let this guy touch the ball 8-10 times(rushing and receiving) and he's bound to break one.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

He's also a good blocker, which is why he was in their on 3rd downs. He's much better than Willis.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

did u watch the games shaud williams is a horrible blocker, his biggest knock, He goes down as soon as someone gets near him and doesn't catch well out of the back field, isnt that what a third down back is suppossed to do.
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                          X