PDA

View Full Version : Evans Close to getting no. 1 wish

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060327/1002445.asp

Jersey1031
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
He's going to have a lot harder time getting open being doubled up by the D, not that he didn't have his fair share of double coverage this year. Moulds took a little attention off him in the past, but Reed won't be the man to take the coverage off of Lee, so who will??

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
he had tons of double teams this year. We sat right there and looked for them to happen specifically at our backers gatherings each sunday.

Evans is ready and its his time now. Read the article, the guy says apperantly the Bills were going to make him the #1 guy even if moulds stayed, and I agree they should.

Mr. Pink
03-27-2006, 03:23 PM
he had tons of double teams this year. We sat right there and looked for them to happen specifically at our backers gatherings each sunday.

Evans is ready and its his time now. Read the article, the guy says apperantly the Bills were going to make him the #1 guy even if moulds stayed, and I agree they should.

So when Evans was doubled, was Moulds doubled too? I can remember plenty of times during the year Moulds had 3 defensive players in his general vicinity. So going by this, at times was Moulds singled and Evans doubled? Or were they both doubled while Josh Reed was wandering aimlessly around and dropping the ball? Or is it a combination of all of this? I honestly don't remember Evans ever being doubled unless you count him exiting one zone and entering the other at the same time, seeing there are two defensive players nearby, as doubled.

A team is more likely to double the proven veteran over a guy who's barely been in the league over a year, which was the case with Evans last year. And I don't recall him ever being doubled except the game verse Miami in the second half and then versus the Pats. Being a number 2 receiver is A LOT different than being a 1.

Jersey1031
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM

Im just saying he won't be able to produce alone, he needs someone across from him. Just look at Andre Johnson...or maybe Peerless?

FlyingDutchman
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I just hope losing EMoulds doesnt have the Peerlice Price effect on Evans. Peerlice was a great reciever when he was the number 2, but when on a team with no other threats at WR he sucked. I hope this doesnt happen, and hopefully Parrish and Reed will reap the benefits.

Jersey1031
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Exactly, Evans can't post numbers by himself out there. Our run game will need to be restablished like in 2004, McGahee with 1300 yds and 13 tds.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM

.who was the qb ? JP. Of course I wouldn't double team Moulds. Moulds was JP's 3rd option . :lol:

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
who was the qb ? JP. Of course I wouldn't double team Moulds. Moulds was JP's 3rd option . :lol:

Funny facts show moulds had as many catches from JP as Evans did. Do you forget I broke them down by game for you?

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I just hope losing EMoulds doesnt have the Peerlice Price effect on Evans. Peerlice was a great reciever when he was the number 2, but when on a team with no other threats at WR he sucked. I hope this doesnt happen, and hopefully Parrish and Reed will reap the benefits.

Peerless didn't have 1/2 the talent Evans does. Lee is a complete WR. Price just runs fly patterns.