PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting a kickers union

Rude American
02-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Since they're "just" kickers and "not football players" according to many people in the football world, they should have their own union. So I'm going to start it. Then, until Peyton Manning issues an apology for calling VDJ an idiot, which was uncalled for, and until the entire football word realizes that they really are an important part of the team, I'm taking then on strike. THEN we'll see how unimportant they are.

Maning sounded like the stupid redneck he is, all because one guy had the cojones to speak up and state the truth, and the truth is that Manning's never done anything in the post-season.

LtBillsFan66
02-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Manning should have taken the high road.

lordofgun
02-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Manning may NEVER win a playoff game. He just doesn't have any fire.

justasportsfan
02-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
Since they're "just" kickers and "not football players" according to many people in the football world, they should have their own union. So I'm going to start it. Then, until Peyton Manning issues an apology for calling VDJ an idiot, which was uncalled for, and until the entire football word realizes that they really are an important part of the team, I'm taking then on strike. THEN we'll see how unimportant they are.

Maning sounded like the stupid redneck he is, all because one guy had the cojones to speak up and state the truth, and the truth is that Manning's never done anything in the post-season.

Vanderjagt spoke the truth, but did he have to get the media involved? This might just release the fire in Manning just to prove people are wrong.

I always saw Manning as another Todd Collins with better physical tools/arm.

don137
02-03-2003, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately Manning kind of reminds me of Drew Bledsoe in big games. Both have all the tools and a strong arm but for some reason they usually are not on there "A" game in big games. I just Brian Moorman, our punter, knows better and doesn't say anything about Bledsoe.

Halbert
02-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Methinks Peyton doth protest too much.

WG
02-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by don137
Unfortunately Manning kind of reminds me of Drew Bledsoe in big games. Both have all the tools and a strong arm but for some reason they usually are not on there "A" game in big games. I just Brian Moorman, our punter, knows better and doesn't say anything about Bledsoe.

:eek:

:scared:

mybills
02-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Only a rude American would start a union in retaliation of a QB's rude comment! :chuckle:

casdhf
02-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Didn't Bledsoe make it to a Super Bowl? That's farther than Manning has ever been, or will be.

TigerJ
02-03-2003, 09:52 PM
So, Rude, you're starting a kickers' union. Does that mean you're a kicker? If you can get the ball into the endzone on kickoffs and maintain a FG percentage in the 75% range I've got a gig for you next season. LOL