PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Miami in Lead for Arrington (K Collins too)

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 04:07 PM
According to ESPN NEWS just now.. Arrington is most likely to sign with Miami now.. As his QB Kerry Collins.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Kerry Collins is a VERY solid backup. that would be a good move by the phins, given the uncertainty about Daunte's knee.

dplus47
03-27-2006, 04:12 PM
According to ESPN NEWS just now.. Arrington is most likely to sign with Miami now.. As his QB Kerry Collins.

i wonder why collins wouldn't want to go to baltimore, where he could possibly start?

as for arrington, that would add flexibility in round 1 of the draft. we'll see.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2006, 04:12 PM
oh yeah, and Arrington would be a nice addition to their aging linebacker corps. f-in fins.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Dont worry, according to this board, if Lavar signs with the Fins he's a bum who's grossly overated.

Lets see.. Lavar.....Junior sEau

sounds like a big upgrade to me

Jersey1031
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I guess Miami is tired of the Patriots winning the AFC EAST... They sure are spending like they're going to the electric chair...

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I guess Miami is tired of the Patriots winning the AFC EAST... They sure are spending like they're going to the electric chair...

Miami is SMART enough to know that NE is in trouble after losing even MORE valuable players from last year. ADam V and Willie were big losses, I think the BIGGEST Pats fan will agree.

By no means is NE finished..........But they'll be looking in the mirror big time compared to last few years.

Iehoshua
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Dooooooomed! We're DOOOOOOOMED!

:D

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Dooooooomed! We're DOOOOOOOMED!

:D

We're not doomed.. We're headed towards the very first pick in 2007.. that's pretty cool.

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Could be a very good pickup for Miami.

Mski
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
We're not doomed.. We're headed towards the very first pick in 2007.. that's pretty cool.

i see pat's already rooting for the bills to win the brady quinn sweepstakes

Samphin1
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
See, maybe I am nuts but I am not thrilled about Collins. Everyone else seems to be but I just can't see why. Maybe it is because I have seen him weekly in Oakland or whatever, but I just don't see him being someone we can rely on if Daunte isn't ready.

I am an Arrington fan though. If we can get him for cheaper than Peterson, I say do it.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 04:53 PM
i see pat's already rooting for the bills to win the brady quinn sweepstakes
No I'm not cause we're taking Vince Young ;)

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 04:58 PM
See, maybe I am nuts but I am not thrilled about Collins. Everyone else seems to be but I just can't see why. Maybe it is because I have seen him weekly in Oakland or whatever, but I just don't see him being someone we can rely on if Daunte isn't ready.

I am an Arrington fan though. If we can get him for cheaper than Peterson, I say do it.Not a bad back up. Would you rather Cleo Lemon?

Bling
03-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Hmmm... Tommy Maddox or Kerry Collins. IMO, Kerry Collins is better than Gus Frerotte. Would be a great backup. Maybe he's looking for a ring?

pintonick96
03-27-2006, 05:06 PM
why do all my favorite non-Bills players sign with Miami.

I was a huge Ricky Williams fan when he was in college and at Texas. Freakin pothead signs with Miami.

Im THE Lavar Arrington fan. I've loved him since his first year at Penn State. Im a huge Penn St fan, ask Philster. This will kill me if he signed with them.

Bling
03-27-2006, 05:09 PM
why do all my favorite non-Bills players sign with Miami.

I was a huge Ricky Williams fan when he was in college and at Texas. Freakin pothead signs with Miami.

Im THE Lavar Arrington fan. I've loved him since his first year at Penn State. Im a huge Penn St fan, ask Philster. This will kill me if he signed with them.

Do you also like TO and Keyshawn Johnson? LOL Your favorite players have some issues to work out.

casdhf
03-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Hmmm... Tommy Maddox or Kerry Collins. IMO, Kerry Collins is better than Gus Frerotte. Would be a great backup. Maybe he's looking for a ring?

Then he won't sign in Miami

HAMMER
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Miami Sucks!

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Miami Sucks!

Arrington will break Losman's neck in half if he blitzes from Gandy's side.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Arrington will break Losman's neck in half if he blitzes from Gandy's side.

:ill:

Tatonka
03-27-2006, 05:37 PM
arrington could still turn his career around, but considering where he was drafted, he is a huge bust imho... he hasnt proven **** in this league... and one of the all time greatest coaches in nfl history left arrington on the bench for the majority of a season.. arrington has also shown no willingness to play hurt.

collins would be a great signing to hold miami over till cpep is ready, and arrington still has tons of upside, and i would take him here.. but arrington does not scare me at all.. if saban can teach he to play his position and stop overrunning everything though..

!Papacrunk!
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
arrington could still turn his career around, but considering where he was drafted, he is a huge bust imho... he hasnt proven **** in this league... and one of the all time greatest coaches in nfl history left arrington on the bench for the majority of a season.. arrington has also shown no willingness to play hurt.

collins would be a great signing to hold miami over till cpep is ready, and arrington still has tons of upside, and i would take him here.. but arrington does not scare me at all.. if saban can teach he to play his position and stop overrunning everything though..
I agree with your Arrington points. I just don't see how a player like Arrington who likes to freelance and make use of athleticism will succeed in a system that others have deemed complex. At least it's a system that makes it possible for everyone on defense to make a play, so maybe Saban will be able to get the most out of him, and help him succeed in his system, who knows. I really think Arrington will go where the $$$ is and if so, it won't be in Miami--only way he signs with Miami is to lower his price, and I just don't see that happening.

As far as Collins, if he's happy knowing that he won't be the starter when Culpepper is healthy, then so be it. I'm not a huge Collins fan, but the pickings are slim for a quality QB, backup QB that is. As someone else has mentioned, I'm really surprised the Ravens haven't made a move since they can't be comfortable with Boller as of yet (the light did seem to come on late in the season for him though,) and Collins would be reunited with his ex-coach in Fassel.

Bulldog
03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Dont worry, according to this board, if Lavar signs with the Fins he's a bum who's grossly overated.

Lets see.. Lavar.....Junior sEau

sounds like a big upgrade to me

Who said that Pat? Do us all a favor and STFU for once in your life. Don't you have some big name writers you can bounce ideas/opinions off of?

Oaklandraider
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
they might be good there grabbing alot of free agents.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Who said that Pat? Do us all a favor and STFU for once in your life. Don't you have some big name writers you can bounce ideas/opinions off of?'

Great insight to a potential Arrington signing. As always, brilliant observation.

It doesnt take a "big name " writer to bounce Lavar Arrington being an upgrade over Junior Seau.

But again, we're talking about the Dolphins and this is "homer'ville" so yer right, Arrington is a bum.

Bulldog
03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
'

Great insight to a potential Arrington signing. As always, brilliant observation.

It doesnt take a "big name " writer to bounce Lavar Arrington being an upgrade over Junior Seau.

But again, we're talking about the Dolphins and this is "homer'ville" so yer right, Arrington is a bum.

Sorry, we all can't be internet, super star, wanna be sports writers like yourself. And please show me where I said that the Arrington signing would be a bad move by the Phins. Fact is I never said that, so shut it. Go write another article that you don't get paid for and stop repeating yourself. When you come up with something worth while, let us know.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Sorry, we all can't be internet, super star, wanna be sports writers like yourself. And please show me where I said that the Arrington signing would be a bad move by the Phins. Fact is I never said that, so shut it. Go write another article that you don't get paid for and stop repeating yourself. When you come up with something worth while, let us know.:snicker:

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Sorry, we all can't be internet, super star, wanna be sports writers like yourself. And please show me where I said that the Arrington signing would be a bad move by the Phins. Fact is I never said that, so shut it. Go write another article that you don't get paid for and stop repeating yourself. When you come up with something worth while, let us know.

That sounds like a "personal attack" to me.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
That sounds like a "personal attack" to me. That's your opinion. One of your many whiny opinions.

Bulldog
03-27-2006, 07:44 PM
That sounds like a "personal attack" to me.

Maybe you should write for SI Kids!

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Maybe you should write for SI Kids! the kids would call his posts " cowybaby posts" :D

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Maybe you should write for SI Kids!

I keep my opinions as OPINIONS..

YOu want to get personal and get off the subject of Buffalo Bills football? What's next, my mother?

I'll tell you what.. If you REALLY want this to get personal, then I invite you to show up for the Billszone draft party, and then you or ANYONE for that matter who wants to get THAT KIND OF PERSONAL with me, can do it in the comfort of my face and repeat ANYTHING "personal" you have to say to me, to my face.

If you're not going to be mature enough to keep a thread football-related, then you can say it directly to my face.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:51 PM

YOu want to get personal and get off the subject of Buffalo Bills football? What's next, my mother?

I'll tell you what.. If you REALLY want this to get personal, then I invite you to show up for the Billszone draft party, and then you or ANYONE for that matter who wants to get THAT KIND OF PERSONAL with me, can do it in the comfort of my face and repeat ANYTHING "personal" you have to say to me, to my face.

If you're not going to be mature enough to keep a thread football-related, then you can say it directly to my face.It wasn't a personal attack PAt. Ask anyone. Sheez. If you think it was forward it to a MOD and see what they say.

Bulldog
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM

If you're not going to be mature enough to keep a thread football-related, then you can say it directly to my face.

Wow, your professionalism is really showing through. So on top of being a wanna be sports writer, you also an internet tough guy. Keep up the good work!

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I dont care what a MOD says.. If someone is going to be that imature to attack outside of what a post is about, then I can be the same way..

It's a shame to have a board where so many people have so many differing and opinions and agree to disagree, only to have a small handful of scumbags who want to take it to another level to stir the pot because they don't have the capacity to any other way.

BTW, Bulldog.. I dont need to write for billszone, I do it because I enjoy it and outside of a few polesmokers like yourself, I enjoy the board as well.. And as for other "fake writing" things I do you don't have the first idea of what I do, so STFU.. Unless you'd like to step up directly in my face and imply what you think I am.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow, your professionalism is really showing through. So on top of being a wanna be sports writer, you also an internet tough guy. Keep up the good work!

I'm not an "Internet tough guy", I made it pretty clear I will be attending the draft party which doesnt take place on the "internet" and if you want your comments to be directed towards me personally as you CONTINUE to do instead of the topic at hand, you're more than welcome to address your statements to me, like a man .

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Apologies to everybody else reading but Im sick of this ****.

People cant handle what they dont WANt to hear then dont read it, there are plenty of other threads.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm not an "Internet tough guy", I made it pretty clear I will be attending the draft party which doesnt take place on the "internet" and if you want your comments to be directed towards me personally as you CONTINUE to do instead of the topic at hand, you're more than welcome to address your statements to me, like a man .
You owe me a beer. :mad: Oh wait, make that a coke.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
MOD. Disable this thread please, this is ridiculous.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
You owe me a beer. :mad: Oh wait, make that a coke.
why not a beer?

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
why not a beer?I'm not old enough. I'm only 16. :couch:

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm not old enough. I'm only 16. :couch:
damn, I look at your Avatar and think your really him! heh

Bulldog
03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
I dont care what a MOD says.. If someone is going to be that imature to attack outside of what a post is about, then I can be the same way..

It's a shame to have a board where so many people have so many differing and opinions and agree to disagree, only to have a small handful of scumbags who want to take it to another level to stir the pot because they don't have the capacity to any other way.

BTW, Bulldog.. I dont need to write for billszone, I do it because I enjoy it and outside of a few polesmokers like yourself, I enjoy the board as well.. And as for other "fake writing" things I do you don't have the first idea of what I do, so STFU.. Unless you'd like to step up directly in my face and imply what you think I am.

Talk about personal attacks. Apparently you can't take the heat, so get the hell out of the kitchen. And BTW, Pat, I used to enjoy this board a lot more before you decided to make it your personal message board. I would be more inclined to read other threads, but you seem to spoil each one by posting the same carp over and over again. Apparenly I touched a nerv with the whole wanna be sports writer thing. I guess the truth hurts!

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Talk about personal attacks. Apparently you can't take the heat, so get the hell out of the kitchen. And BTW, Pat, I used to enjoy this board a lot more before you decided to make it your personal message board. I would be more inclined to read other threads, but you seem to spoil each one by posting the same carp over and over again. Apparenly I touched a nerv with the whole wanna be sports writer thing. I guess the truth hurts!

Then put me on ignore, it takes one click of a button.

No you touched a nerv because you want to try and get personal with me. You've commented about nine times now and I dont think 5 words of it has anything to do with football or the subject of the post.

Bulldog
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Then put me on ignore, it takes one click of a button.

Done!

Samphin1
03-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Not a bad back up. Would you rather Cleo Lemon?

No and No. I don't really like Kerry Collins but the problem is, I can't seem to think of anyone I want to backup Daunte. Ideally, Sage owuld terminate his contract with the Texans and come back to us for peanuts...but you know.

Honestly, and you may laugh, but I am torn between Tommy Maddox and others right now. At least Tommy has been around and is well liked. Plus, he knows Mularkey and has had success with him. Collins is a drinking redneck who makes racial slurs and can barely complete a pass to the best wide receiver in the game (Moss).

I don't know. Hopefully whoever is the backup doesn't play much, if at all. Harrington is somewhat intruiging but not for a draft pick or big contract. I like Lemon (if for the name alone) but I don't think Saban and Co. will be comfortable with him being the backup yet.

Any of you have a live arm? Miami can use a warm body to backup Daunte. Except for you Justa, I don't need someone throwing games for Miami. :lol: