PDA

View Full Version : Mark Weiler

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks to angelo73 @ bb.com

Link (http://www.afceastreport.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=2)

No one paying attention to the wilings at One Bills Drive could possibly be unaware of the precarious QB situation that is essentially a creation of the Bills themselves. In part it defines the Bills and their impatience with QBs coupled with their self-fulfilling prophecies of "not being able to find a starter." One must ask the obvious, how hard are they looking? It would appear that their expectations are a bit unrealistic, especially considering the tools (AHEM….offensive line) that recent QBs have had to work with.

Edited to comply with copywrite policies-DB

TacklingDummy
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
moron, didn't even bother reading it, he predicted the bills to lose every game last year but 1, he's not a Bills fan

The_Philster
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks to angelo73 @ bb.com

Link (http://www.afceastreport.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=2)

No one paying attention to the wilings at One Bills Drive could possibly be unaware of the precarious QB situation that is essentially a creation of the Bills themselves. In part it defines the Bills and their impatience with QBs coupled with their self-fulfilling prophecies of "not being able to find a starter." One must ask the obvious, how hard are they looking? It would appear that their expectations are a bit unrealistic, especially considering the tools (AHEM….offensive line) that recent QBs have had to work with. 2 things
1...we can't post entire articles...only a blurb and a link...it's a copyright violation as well as a TOS violation
2...why go to angelo73 @ bb.com when the link for this article is already on our front page at www.billszone.com (http://www.billszone.com) ? :cynic:

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
moron, didn't even bother reading it, he predicted the bills to lose every game last year but 1, he's not a Bills fan
Im a Bills fan, and It wouldnt shock me to see them go 2-14 with moves they've made since last season ended.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
i miss Wys. :(

HAMMER
03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
i miss Wys. :(

Huh? He's here, his name is Moron.

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I wonder what it would be like if Pat, Wys, Op and Ice started their own mb.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 07:36 PM
me, wys, and op would be the majority and that means Ice would agree with EVERYTHING we said..

hammer.. good one.

bernielivsey_1
03-27-2006, 07:38 PM
:str8face: I have no idea how he found the time to write those posts that never ended but were filled with stats. I could watch a game in the time it took to read a Wys involved thread. :bullseye:

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:38 PM

don't group me in that crap. I am one of the only positive guys here. And you post more than I do, so you can't go down that road either.

Pat is on a personal crusade to own every thread on the board. That coupled with excessive negativity is what got Wys booted. Pat is following suit...

justasportsfan
03-27-2006, 07:40 PM
don't group me in that crap. I am one of the only positive guys here. And you post more than I do, so you can't go down that road either.

Pat is on a personal crusade to own every thread on the board. That coupled with excessive negativity is what got Wys booted. Pat is following suit...it's not about the number of posts. It's about being repetitive.

Wys didn't get booted. He left. I doubt Pat will leave unless he finds another mb where he can whine all day.

Carlton Bailey
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM
As always, good stuff by Weiler. He's taken his old Bills Buzz crew and added the Bills guy from realfootball to make what I perceive to be a solid site. Hopefully the mock draft that has us taking Michael Huff comes true.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 08:01 PM
As always, good stuff by Weiler. He's taken his old Bills Buzz crew and added the Bills guy from realfootball to make what I perceive to be a solid site. Hopefully the mock draft that has us taking Michael Huff comes true.

So again, we ignore the lines to take a backup safety? We have our starting DB's. We need lines.

Carlton Bailey
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Ice,

How is Huff a backup safety? It seems to me that Bowen was brought in as a backup.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 09:15 PM
So again, we ignore the lines to take a backup safety? We have our starting DB's. We need lines.

Why dont you buy a Bowen jersey then..

As to your earlier comment. You're not positive.. Your not negative either.. You are whatever the majority at that time is.

TigerJ
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
I hate to say it, but I think he's right on this. I think Holcomb represents proven mediocrity. Losman represents unproven potential. If the Bills opt for proven mediocrity it will only prolong the pain. I think Losman should have to "win" the starting position in preseason, but I think the Bills need to give him every chance to do so by letting him start two or three preseason games and playing at least a half in one of them. If Losman does not win the starting job in preseason, then the Bills should cut him because he's never going to start for the Bills. The Bills then need to start looking for a starting QB in every nook and cranny, under every rock. The season will be a write off and come January there will be a lot of seriously angry fans around the zone.

Historian
03-28-2006, 05:43 AM
I hate when he mixes his metaphors...

Jan Reimers
03-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Wys is absolutely correct on our QB situation. I just hope the Levy/Jauron regime has the intelligence to see JP's upside, and both the courage and patience to start him for an entire season. I believe we will all be rewarded with a fine young QB if that happens.

Michael82
03-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Wys is absolutely correct on our QB situation. I just hope the Levy/Jauron regime has the intelligence to see JP's upside, and both the courage and patience to start him for an entire season. I believe we will all be rewarded with a fine young QB if that happens.
Great post!!! :bf1:

justasportsfan
03-28-2006, 10:32 AM
It took Brees 3 years? Other than brain , Losman has more talent than Brees.

SABURZFAN
03-28-2006, 11:09 AM
i still miss Wys. :(

thisiskeith12
03-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Pat and Mark are right, with the moves the Bills have made, it can either be surprisingly good next year or dark for 5 more years.

Mark has Ron Baskin helping him with his site, too, Ron retired from ABC Sports.

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree with Jan. I actually think Weiler is pretty accurate in his take on the QB situation.