PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills land a extra 4th.....

X-Era
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Would you use it on Marcus Vick?

Talent wise, I think the kid could be a better thrower than Mike and can run almost as well, almost. He looks to be a smaller version of McNabb.

If we could sort out his messy off the field crap and felt he wouldnt be a problem in the future, why not spend a 4th on him?

Jersey1031
03-27-2006, 06:21 PM
4th is too high

Crisis
03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't use the 7th we were just awarded.

He's a punk, I hope he gets hit by a bus after the **** he pulled trying to injure another player.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 06:28 PM

Talent wise, I think the kid could be a better thrower than Mike and can run almost as well, almost. He looks to be a smaller version of McNabb.

If we could sort out his messy off the field crap and felt he wouldnt be a problem in the future, why not spend a 4th on him?
No. He'll be lucky to not be in jail in three years , let alone the NFL.

He makes his herpes infested brother look like Jesse Jackson.

Mr. Pink
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Why do you even bother bringing a perfectly good point and observation to this board jp-era? All people will do is point to Vicks' downfalls and his lack of "character" as a reason not to draft him. Athletically he's probably the best QB in this draft however and taking a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th round, if he's still there, which I doubt highly, wouldn't be a bad choice in my opinion.

If the coaching staff can turn him around mentally and he matures himself he's a first round quality talent that you only spent a 2nd day pick on. Tremendous upside on this pick, of course you have to hope that if he does bust out, which players of less maturity and mentality tend to do in this league, that there isn't a stud player taking right behind him or else everyone and I mean EVERYONE will jump all over his selection for years.

It's a risk vs reward scenario....
The rewards far outweigh the risks when it comes to a 4th or 5th round pick.
Earlier than that and you're asking for trouble.

If the opportunity arises I say take a chance.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Why do you even bother bringing a perfectly good point and observation to this board jp-era? All people will do is point to Vicks' downfalls and his lack of "character" as a reason not to draft him. Athletically he's probably the best QB in this draft however and taking a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th round, if he's still there, which I doubt highly, wouldn't be a bad choice in my opinion.

If the coaching staff can turn him around mentally and he matures himself he's a first round quality talent that you only spent a 2nd day pick on. Tremendous upside on this pick, of course you have to hope that if he does bust out, which players of less maturity and mentality tend to do in this league, that there isn't a stud player taking right behind him or else everyone and I mean EVERYONE will jump all over his selection for years.

It's a risk vs reward scenario....
The rewards far outweigh the risks when it comes to a 4th or 5th round pick.
Earlier than that and you're asking for trouble.

If the opportunity arises I say take a chance.
why dont we see what Lawrence Phillips is up to as well. We could use a backup to Willis.

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
If he did one stupid thing, everyone deserves a second chance.. But he's been on a major stage his whole teen life cause of Big Bro and he's done NOTHING but mess it up.. I have no interest in him.

On top of that, his Wonderlic score just made Vince YOung look like ken jennings from jeopardy.

The_Philster
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
why dont we see what Lawrence Phillips is up to as well. We could use a backup to Willis.
John Butler actually tried to get him while he was here :ill: Maybe that stupidity was one reason I was happy to see Butler leave us

Tatonka
03-27-2006, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't use the 7th we were just awarded.

He's a punk, I hope he gets hit by a bus after the **** he pulled trying to injure another player.

not in defense of vick.. but guys like london fletcher have been doing that **** at the bottom of piles for years.. be real man..

Crisis
03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
not in defense of vick.. but guys like london fletcher have been doing that **** at the bottom of piles for years.. be real man..

Bottom of piles is totally different, you're fighting for something. Atleast I view it that way.

What Vick did was very blatant, and for no reason at all.

What happens at the bottom of a pile and stepping on the back of someone's leg are two totally different things.

Vick is a loser. He's been given so many chances and he still screws up.

Tatonka
03-27-2006, 06:39 PM
by the way.. i am a tech fan, and i dont want vick here.

i was kind of back and forth on the issue, but then i talked to a good friend of mine who used to be a LB for tech and played for teh broncos.. he was actually up at tech the week after all the crap with the gun went down.. he specifically told me that he talked to vick about it and vick did have a gun.. he was mad because the kids were calling his girl a whore and a ho.. he wanted to scare them, which he did.. he scared the **** out of them by putting a gun in their face.. but vicks whole line at the combine about it really being a cell phone and ****.. not a gun.. total and complete lie.

so that just shows me that he is not done being an idiot.. he is just going to lie to get out of anything he can..

Mr. Pink
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
If he did one stupid thing, everyone deserves a second chance.. But he's been on a major stage his whole teen life cause of Big Bro and he's done NOTHING but mess it up.. I have no interest in him.

On top of that, his Wonderlic score just made Vince YOung look like ken jennings from jeopardy.

By the way, Dan Marino and John Elway didn't have stellar wonderlic scores either....a 14 and 15 respectively. Just because your wonderlic is low doesn't necessarily mean you won't be good come Sundays. Just like if it's high it doesn't mean you'll automatically be good on Sundays.

I do agree though with his off the field problems combined with stepping on Dumerville and his wonderlic score it sends him well down the line on draft day. Here's the question though....In RD5 how do you pass up on a guy who DOES have RD1 talent?

Tatonka
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Bottom of piles is totally different, you're fighting for something. Atleast I view it that way.

What Vick did was very blatant, and for no reason at all.

What happens at the bottom of a pile and stepping on the back of someone's leg are two totally different things.

Vick is a loser. He's been given so many chances and he still screws up.

actually, i can remember distictly a time when london fletcher punched a blocker in the throat while on the ground, away from the ball.. and i noticed it because a friend of mine, a fish fan, was there with me and went balistic over it.. it was against the fish.. and they showed a replay and it was clear as day.. he didnt get flagged for it either..

again.. i am not justifying what vick did.. but guys do it all the time.. to indimidate.. to hurt.. to get the ball.. because they dont like something someone said about their mamma.. and for no reason at all.. it happens all the time in every game..

him stomping on someones knee doesnt bother me as much as the fact that A) he was stupid enough to do it so publicly.. B) all the other **** he has gotten into is much worse to me (ie. drugs, RAPE, Guns.. )

Tatonka
03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
and another thing.. i have seen all of vicks games.. he RARELY played like a Round 1 talent..

i think if his record it clean and he isnt stupid as hell, he still is a second rounder type guy at best.. just from his play..

patmoran2006
03-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Dont matter.. NFL Network just said no trade for Moulds.. To nobody's surprise, they'll just wait for him to get cut since everybody in America knows he'll never play for us again.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I might spend a 7th round pick on Vick...maybe...but he's still very immature personally and really doesn't have a lot of experience playing at the college level (he would have benefitted a lot from another year in school if he had had the discipline off of the field to stay). That means that, at best he is probably 2-3 years away from being ready to play and, with his off-the-field track record there is no guarantee that he will be able to stay out of trouble and keep his nose to the grindstone that long.

Given M.Levy's penchant for high-character players and the need to create a new atmosphere in the Bills' lockerroom, I seriously doubt that the Bills would even consider bringing in a guy like Marcus Vick at this stage of the game, even for a seventh round pick. Some other team with a better lockerroom situation might take a gamble on him earlier than that, but he is definitely going to be a big risk for any team that drafts him and, with what happened with M.Clarett last year, I doubt that there will be many who will be willing to risk more than a 6th rounder on him.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:08 PM

Not no HELL NO! And we have enough friggin QB's as is!

Mr. Pink
03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Not no HELL NO! And we have enough friggin QB's as is!

So basically why draft a QB that physically has MORE tools and ability than any of the others on our roster? With a 5th round flyer where if he pans out, you look like a hero and if he doesn't? Oh well, most teams 5th rounders never pan out anyways. Perfect sense and logic to me. Especially when a player like this would make the dreadful o-line look better with his scrambling abilities.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:14 PM
So basically why draft a QB that physically has MORE tools and ability than any of the others on our roster? With a 5th round flyer where if he pans out, you look like a hero and if he doesn't? Oh well, most teams 5th rounders never pan out anyways. Perfect sense and logic to me. Especially when a player like this would make the dreadful o-line look better with his scrambling abilities.

Because he was kicked off of his team for many repeated violations. Let some other team attempt to rehab him.

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:58 PM

BTW...your boy might not even be drafted.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12038276/page/2/

ICE74129
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM
John Butler actually tried to get him while he was here :ill: Maybe that stupidity was one reason I was happy to see Butler leave us

Its funny you bring that up. I was watching NFLE And remembered watching fat John wait at the end of the tunnel to talk with LP. I was screaming 'For the love of God Noooooooooooooooooo!'