• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

The Most UnPopular Yet True Post In BZ History

The Ultimate Pat Moran bash post.. I really don’t care, but this isn’t opinion, its FACT.

Let’s examine SOME of the Bills weaker spots last season and what’s went on around the league since March 10.

Center: (Lose Teague)
    The Browns get LeCharles Bentley
    Carolina gets Justin Hartwig
    Titans get Kevin Mawae
    Bills get “Melvin Fowler” all 8 starts of him.

Safety (lose Milloy)
    Skins’ get Adam Archuleta
    Chargers get Marlon McCree
    Titans get Chris Hope
    Rams get Corey Chavous
    Bills get “Matt Bowen” who hasn’t started in two years, but is a cover two safety.

WR (Losing Moulds)
    Skins’ get Antwaan Randle El AND Brandon Lloyd
    Browns get Joe Jerevicous
    Titans get David Givens (worse team with less cap room, see a pattern)
    Cowboys get Terrel Owens
    Panthers get MeShawn Johnson
    49ers get Antonio Bryant
    Bills get Andre Davis and resign Josh Reed (who had four YEARS to prove he could start)

DE
    Atlanta gets John Abraham
    Eagles get Darren Howard
    Texans get Anthony Weaver
    Bills “resign” Ryan Denney

QB
    Fins get Duante Culpepper
    Detroit gets Josh McCown
    Saints get Drew Brees
    Bills get “Craig Nall”

Tackle (you remember that spot that continuously gets your QB killed when they suck)
    Browns get Kevin Schaffer
    Cowboys get Jeff Fabini
    Bills resigned Greg Jerman

We did sign Larry Tripplett and lost Sam Adams at DT (Push at best)

Oh yeah , we did attempt to sign a pair of RFA’s and went 0-for-2 in the process.

Now you tell me in what , way, shape or form how in the world did this BUFFALO BILLS football team in any way IMPROVE over a 5-11 team that was already bad to begin with.

Anyone who thinks the draft was the ONLY route to get better should not expect a winning season for a very long time. I didn’t expect us to get after EVERY big-name free agent, but this is a joke. Signing 2-3 impact players shouldn’t be too much for a Bills fan to ask for, a team that was MORE than $14 million under the cap WITH Moulds on the roster.

Teams with LESS cap room (tenn, dallas, Miami) did more to improve than we did.
    Teams with WORSE records (Detroit, Green Bay, Tennessee (again) did more to improve than we did.)

You can hate on me all you want.. You can defend Marv Levy and staff til the end of the earth.

The bottom line, and you know I’m right.. Is this football team is NOT better one bit than that joke of a team last year and its EASY to argue that they are actually WORSE.

Let the “doomed” “the sky is falling” and “chicken little” comments commence.

While your at it, add worst team in the entire NFL to it… Either Marv Levy dropped the ball something FIERCE, or Ralph Wilson at this point only cares about stashing money. You figure it out, cause one way or the other this FA period was a complete and utter MESS.
    =========================================================

And for everyone else except Ice, I can take it.. As for you Ice, your opinion means nothing to me as you can’t even win an argument with YOURSELF.. All I’m saying is the exact same sentiments you said in YOUR WORDS before FA started.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Most UnPopular Yet True Post In BZ History

tell us how you really feel.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Pat, you forgot OG...we just stayed the course with Bennie "flag me" Anderson!

Sickeningly, and ALL of us should feel that way right about now. This organization has done absolutely NOTHING to improve the on the field product for 2006. I'm not even sure if any of these moves really improve the team for 2007 at this point.

As Pat pointed out other teams went out and signed a couple "big name" free agents, teams worse than we were last year and teams with even LESS cap room. And yes, Detroit is still a bigger laughing stock around the league than the Bills.

The part that makes these thoughts come out and come out in such a negative connotation is that we've dealt with this crappy brand of football since the turn of this century. And, yes, it's frustrating, annoying, disheartening, pathetic in a way even. I admit it, as I'm sure many others around here shall admit it as well.

I don't know about you but I'm getting sick and tired of the brass at OBD putting a turd in a shiny package and trying to sell "hope" to the fan base. We've sat around for years now in futility and there really is no light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Most of all I'm sick and tired of the losing. The referencing of us being the next Arizona Bengals Whatever.

Chalk up another "chicken little" post!

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

BTW
        You may as well cut JP Losman right now while you're at it.
        You're going to do next-to-nothing in FA to address our BIGGEST weakness, and then expect him to improve and get better with ROOKIE(s) starting on the line?????

Poor guy. He has no CHANCE to be successful.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

It's neither the most unpopular post in BZ history nor terribly original. But it is true.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

This guy just wants attention, this is his 400th post saying the same GD thing. F*** you are a miserable SOB.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              It's neither the most unpopular post in BZ history nor terribly original. But it is true.
              Losing a 80+ receiver (a down year) for a 4th round draft choice and having everybody cheer it has put me over the top.

He DIDNT want to BE HERE, I understand that.. take a look at the initial thread and ask yourself "Would you?"

I'll give Marv the draft "benefit".. He can take the FIRST three picks of the draft, even the third rounder, and I"ll pretend they ALL start and CONTRIBUTE.. This team is still horrible.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

R.I.P. patmoran. Either you get banned, or much worse, commit suicide. Nice knowing you, dude.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                  R.I.P. patmoran. Either you get banned, or much worse, commit suicide. Nice knowing you, dude.
                  Since I just posted that in the last hour, NFL Network has said that Eric Moulds will be cut because we can't get anything with him via trade.

And the DE from Denver (Pope) we were interested in just signed with the New York Jets..

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

When did this message become patmoranzone.com, or ice.com.
                    The two of you are so full of yourselves it's pathetic. Get a life.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Turf
                      When did this message become patmoranzone.com, or ice.com.
                      The two of you are so full of yourselves it's pathetic. Get a life.
                      As expected.. Very insightful. Love the way you stick to the subject matter.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Sorry Pat, been holding that one in quite a while.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Turf
                          Sorry Pat, been holding that one in quite a while.
                          I dont mind you taking a shot at all dude.. Not offended.
                          But you haven't made a single point to contradict a thing I've said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

didn't I post almost this same thread on Friday?

I'm frustrated because I see teams like the Jets and the Dolphins making moves to improve their teams, while the Bills do very little. Let's take a look to see where we've improved from last season, where we've regressed, and where we've broke even: Note: this is long but there's a conclusion at the end. 1. Coaching:
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

that is one of the most assinine posts I have ever read. Most of those guys were never coming here no matter what was thrown at them. I feel ******ed for even reading it.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X