X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Jeff Faine anyone?

After signing LeCharles Bentley, the Browns are shopping center Jeff Faine. On the plus side he should not require much of a draft pick to acquire and he is an experienced starter. He's also young and a former 1st round pick. On the downside he's light for a center and lacks strength. At only age 24, is Faine worth acquiring?

My take would be yes, I'd offer a 6th rounder and see if we could get him to bulk up 15 pounds or so. Worth a shot IMO. Here's his scouting report.

2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 69 | Key
    Alert: None

Comment:
    He is quick and athletic. He shows solid initial quickness in-line. He shows the ability to get his first step in the ground quickly. He plays with solid lateral quickness in pass pro. He is a smart player - can make all the line calls up front. He provides solid help in pass pro. He shows good awareness for stunts and delayed blitzes. He is effecting pulling both left and right - can find and locate on the move. He shows solid re-direct vs. double moves. He uses his hands well in both the run and pass games. The biggest negative with him is that he fancies himself as a tough guy, but he plays extremely soft inside. He gets knocked back into the backfield too often at the snap. He gets walked back into the QB vs. power rushers. He does not offer position versatility - strictly an OC.
    finsrclowns
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Jeff Faine anyone?

I think he'd be better than anything this team has at Center at this point. He's played well at times in Cleveland.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Fowler

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Faine might be OK, but I'm assuming Melvin Fowler fills that need. I'd rather use my draft choices and focus on meeting needs as long as they still exist.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
          • Dec 2005

For mangold in the draft

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I really liked Faine coming out of college and was hoping the Bills would draft him.

Not so much anymore...the last thing we need is a another center too weak to stand up at the point of attack. Faine's just a younger Teague in my book.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Center is the ONE spot we already addressed this off-season...

Unless Fowler will play guard, which I've heard nothing to that happening..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Agreed Pat we signed Fowler and already have Duke Preston. We need a LG and an LT at this point.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  I think he'd be better than anything this team has at Center at this point. He's played well at times in Cleveland.
                  Fowler is our new Center.

Comment

• BigGabes23
                    • Mar 2006

I live in Cleveland and saw him out this weekend. Trust me, we don't want him.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Yeah we don't want Faine yet he's the guy who got the starting job over Fowler in Cleveland because....hmmmm...maybe just maybe...he's ACTUALLY BETTER THAN FOWLER? Weird concept, eh? I'm all for making a trade to get Faine from Cleveland 4th or 5th rounder at best and using Fowler for what he is good for depth at C and G. There's generally a reason a guy hasn't been a starter after being in the league 4 years except when forced in due to injury.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Yeah we don't want Faine yet he's the guy who got the starting job over Fowler in Cleveland because....hmmmm...maybe just maybe...he's ACTUALLY BETTER THAN FOWLER? Weird concept, eh? I'm all for making a trade to get Faine from Cleveland 4th or 5th rounder at best and using Fowler for what he is good for depth at C and G. There's generally a reason a guy hasn't been a starter after being in the league 4 years except when forced in due to injury.
                        Yeah accept that Fowler was on Minnesota last year......

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Yeah accept that Fowler was on Minnesota last year......
                          Yes where he got to play only because of injury...much like when he was in cleveland, he played only when the starter was unable to go. And yes I realize Minnesota has a pro-bowl center and that's most likely the reasoning why he didn't start there. But no one will confuse Jeff Faine as a pro-bowler, he's just a better o-lineman. Which is why I'd be all for bringing him here and leaving Fowler to do what he does best...added depth.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Faine may be better I am not arguing with you on that. I am just saying that we have bigger needs at guard and LT.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Besides, Cleveland did have Fowler playing guard, of course he was a backup but who knows, he may actually be better than Bennie Anderson. Seeing it wouldn't take much to do that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X