PDA

View Full Version : Finish this sentence: "IF the Bills draft a QB in the first round on April 29th,..."

Ebenezer
03-28-2006, 03:12 AM
Finish this sentence: "IF the Bills draft a QB in the first round on April 29th, I'll..."

Go.

clumping platelets
03-28-2006, 03:15 AM
As long as JP's gone as well.......no problem

SABURZFAN
03-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Finish this sentence: "IF the Bills draft a QB in the first round on April 29th, I'll..."

have to take over the rest of the draft. :mad:

SpanishBill
03-28-2006, 04:04 AM
be very surprised, no doubt.

The_Philster
03-28-2006, 04:50 AM
I'll have to have helmetguy drive back after the draft party cause I'll be getting trashed :dizzy:

Historian
03-28-2006, 05:05 AM
....have another beer.

John Doe
03-28-2006, 05:18 AM
I'll go to the funeral of the 3 QB's that died in the planecrash on the 28th.

YardRat
03-28-2006, 05:21 AM
"...I'll still have to go to work Monday morning."

Night Train
03-28-2006, 05:26 AM
"...I'll know Marv is sitting in the War room, with his pajamas on singing I'm A Little Teapot at the top of his lungs.."

j/k. The sharp Marv will not pick a QB.

Tatonka
03-28-2006, 06:35 AM
...get explosie diarriah.

TacklingDummy
03-28-2006, 06:40 AM
...it better be Matt Leinart.

Jan Reimers
03-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Off myself with a pair of tweezers and a fingernail clipper.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-28-2006, 08:27 AM
If we take a quarterback at 8 then JP better not be on the roster otherwise its a waste. I sincerely hope JP gets his fair shot this year because I know hes got it in him.

casdhf
03-28-2006, 08:27 AM
would be sick. This means that clump would actually predict something right :ill:

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 08:38 AM

Go.
Say that Marv Levy has HIS "Jim Kelly"

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
" Watch us become officially the biggest laughing stock in the league. And pray Ralph is determined to be totally incapable of owning this team anylonger and we get new ownership.'

Mr. Pink
03-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I think we may already be the leagues laughing stock right now....

To finish the quote though....we'd finally have a guy that maybe just maybe the organization would stick with no matter how good or bad he looks from week to week, so he can develop.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I will remember you said that...

You trust marv, what are you worried about?

There's a chance he may see something in Cutler that feels can make the Bills a successful team over the long haul, you said yourself this is more than a one year rebuilding process. Marv has every right to build around the QB he wants..

BigGabes23
03-28-2006, 08:50 AM
.....support new ownership

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I think we may already be the leagues laughing stock right now....

To finish the quote though....we'd finally have a guy that maybe just maybe the organization would stick with no matter how good or bad he looks from week to week, so he can develop.

They won't wait 3 years for a QB to develop. Even with Carson Palmer they had to let him struggle though year two and not until year 3 was he worth a damn. Marv wont' wait that long. Ralph has shown that with the way JP was treated.

The best thing they could have done was enter the Brees/ Cullpepper sweepstakes. We had a better 2nd rounder to give the vikes.

A rookie QB sets us back much further.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 08:52 AM
And let me add...The ONLY QB with the smarts to possibly get up to speed any quicker will be gone LONG Before we get to him and that is lionart. We dont have the firepower to move up and get him at #2. And if we did, it screws us getting the rest of the positions filled that we need to.

The Spaz
03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Will be happy if Losman is gone.

don137
03-28-2006, 09:07 AM
will accept the fact the Bills are starting from scratch and it will be another 2-3 years before the Bills will be close to competitive.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 09:17 AM
will accept the fact the Bills are starting from scratch and it will be another 2-3 years before the Bills will be close to competitive.

If that IS the plan, then JP needs to be gone, and we need to draft a QB. IF that is truely marvs plan. I just don't see Ralph agreeing to a 3 year rebuild

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Leinart is too hard to get.

don137
03-28-2006, 09:21 AM
If that IS the plan, then JP needs to be gone, and we need to draft a QB. IF that is truely marvs plan. I just don't see Ralph agreeing to a 3 year rebuild
If they go QB in round 1 I think it is a forgone conclusion JP will be gone...The thing that worries me is with RW getting up there in years if the Bills suck and don't sell out and RW dies before the team turns it around a new owner may not see the investment value in keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

BAM
03-28-2006, 11:18 AM
... smoke another J. Take another shot. Crack another Honey Brown.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 11:21 AM
If they go QB in round 1 I think it is a forgone conclusion JP will be gone...The thing that worries me is with RW getting up there in years if the Bills suck and don't sell out and RW dies before the team turns it around a new owner may not see the investment value in keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

I been thinking bout that a lot, and LA just approved to build a new stadium.. They'er going to get an expansion or existing franchise in the next five or so years.. that scares me more than any day draft-day decision

djjimkelly
03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
throw up if its vince young

TigerJ
03-28-2006, 11:40 AM
. . . sigh and resign myself to a couple more years of misery while the new QB of the future goes through his growing pains and the Bills stink. Meanwhile other Bills fans will be complaining that we picked the wrong QB, the the new QB of the future is a bust and we have to go with a veteran who gives us the chance to win now. If the Bill's management goes along with the complaining fans it will be the same old same old.

DraftBoy
03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Start thinking on Round 2-7 and begin writing my review of the draft perfectly happy we finally have a QB this admin is happy with.

clumping platelets
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
would be sick. This means that clump would actually predict something right :ill:

:roflmao:

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 12:35 PM
IF the name is Vince Young, tickets move faster at OBD, ESPN starts calling to do stories, and the Buffalo Bills start to matter again around the league...

Whether that means more wins on Sunday, remains to be seen.. Cant see him being much worse than any post-Kelly QB we've had, minus Fluties one great season.

Meathead
03-28-2006, 12:55 PM
kick ebs ass

btw, would that qualify as a personal attack?

Meathead
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
so same answer as the what will you do if the sun rises tomorrow question

Michael82
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Order a few more drinks so I can get smashed, and then get my pitchfork and torch ready.... :mad:

pintonick96
03-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Go.

Buy a Michael Robinson jersey.

Whoo hoo! Go Penn State!

lol.

!Papacrunk!
03-28-2006, 01:26 PM
....be amazed the 1st round and various picks used to acquire a QB in the last couple of years.

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Start thinking on Round 2-7 and begin writing my review of the draft perfectly happy we finally have a QB this admin is happy with.

Does drafting a QB necessarily mean JP's gone immediately? I could see things playing out like this:

Holcomb is cut, depth chart for year one goes Losman/rookie/Nall. Losman gets his chance to start for the season. If he steps up big time, we have a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers or Jon Kitna/Carson Palmer situation at the end of next year, which is not all bad. We'll have serious trade bait.

If Losman sucks, we benefit from knowing JP is not the guy and we don't have to feel bad about ditching him without a full chance to meet expectations. Towards the end of the season, rookie can take over and get some PT under his belt for 2007. We've thus 1) given JP a full opportunity to show he isnt a bust and 2) gotten his replacement a year of experience (even if mostly on the bench).

In short, I'd rather not spend our #1 on a QB. but if we do, this doesn't seem like a bad way to go. the Brees/Rivers, Kitna/Palmer, (and to some extent, Warner/Manning) situations provide recent examples of other teams pulling it off with some success. Better then letting JP go for a song without knowing what he can do

LtFinFan66
03-28-2006, 01:48 PM
"why are they giving up on JP already??"

Mski
03-28-2006, 03:47 PM
seriously contemplate canceling my season tickets

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
seriously contemplate canceling my season tickets

I got about 7 or 8 buddies who have season's. and IM telling you now I remember (though I was later drunk) we were drinking at Flappy's near Chippewa on St patricks day (March 17).. The local news was on and the promo said "coming up after the break, the Bills sign a wr." It came back on and that tool Ed Kilgore said it was Josh Reed.. The entire bar started laughing in disgust at this team.

I know a lot of people who are not renewing their season tix.. I dont speculate on a whole level how season's will be.. But from the people i know and know of, there's a lot cancelling right now..

ANd if you think about it, the fans after six years of mediocrity have every right to finally say "show me something before I invest my money in you."

There's A LOT of people in WNY that are really unhappy with Ralph Wilson.

Mr. Cynical
03-28-2006, 04:07 PM
" Watch us become officially the biggest laughing stock in the league.'

I thought we already officially shared that title with the Cards and the Lions. Not much difference in our records over the last half decade.

don137
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I got about 7 or 8 buddies who have season's. and IM telling you now I remember (though I was later drunk) we were drinking at Flappy's near Chippewa on St patricks day (March 17).. The local news was on and the promo said "coming up after the break, the Bills sign a wr." It came back on and that tool Ed Kilgore said it was Josh Reed.. The entire bar started laughing in disgust at this team.

I know a lot of people who are not renewing their season tix.. I dont speculate on a whole level how season's will be.. But from the people i know and know of, there's a lot cancelling right now..

ANd if you think about it, the fans after six years of mediocrity have every right to finally say "show me something before I invest my money in you."

There's A LOT of people in WNY that are really unhappy with Ralph Wilson.

I do not blame people for taking that attitude however if the season tickets fall dramatically especially being one of the cheapest tickets in the league they risk a greater chance the team leaving if a local investor does not buy this team when RW dies. I for one am toying with the idea of not renewing my NFL Ticket next year. Hard to shell out a couple hundred dollars to see them be blown out every week. I will wait a few months to decide. I bought season tickets to the Panthers just because I love football but they will never replace the Bills

Mr. Cynical
03-28-2006, 04:11 PM
"IF the Bills draft a QB in the first round on April 29th,..."

....then we will go 16-0, win the Super Bowl by 4,253,631 points and be renamed the Buffalo Behemoths.

Iehoshua
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
"IF the Bills draft a QB in the first round on April 29th,..."

....then we will go 16-0, win the Super Bowl by 4,253,631 points and be renamed the Buffalo Behemoths.
:rofl:

Now I'm all for drafting a QB!

tat2dmike77
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I will not have an anurism like some people might.

It's only a game people. If the bills not doing what you want them to do is your biggest problem in life then bravo to you. Me i have other things to worry about.

Iehoshua
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I will not have an anurism like some people might.

It's only a game people. If the bills not doing what you want them to do is your biggest problem in life then bravo to you. Me i have other things to worry about.
Great post!

Mr. Cynical
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Me i have other things to worry about.

Like dodgin' hot lead from your maniacal kitty with the machine gun? :;

SpanishBill
03-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I'd probably be doing that also... aside from being surprised by the QB drafting, that is. :handball:

Billzz
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
........be happy because it must of been a need for the team, the future of the franchise and go buy his jersey. No one knows how these next few months and players picked up will affect the team for years to come. Hindsight is 20/20.