PDA

View Full Version : Safteys in the

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-28-2006, 08:33 AM
If we pass on Huff in the first who are some of the other safetys you would want the Bills to look at? Im interested in Bing from USC what do you think?

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-28-2006, 08:33 AM
and yes I realize i spelled safties wrong

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Daniel Bullocks is going to be a great safety. I"m totally down with him..

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 08:41 AM
If we pass on Huff in the first who are some of the other safetys you would want the Bills to look at? Im interested in Bing from USC what do you think?

We have starting safety's and at least three backups. We dont' need anymore safetys.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Wrong. Safeties are a very important component of the the cover 2 defense. I think they will draft one, even Huff.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Wrong. Safeties are a very important component of the the cover 2 defense. I think they will draft one, even Huff.

Vincent and Bowen start, the DC already said so. We have our two starting corners and 3 backups at safety. We draft one and this staff is officially brain dead.

we need LINES.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Vincent and Bowen start, the DC already said so. We have our two starting corners and 3 backups at safety. We draft one and this staff is officially brain dead.

we need LINES.
It's March.. what kind of DC names his starters in march, especially when one of them hasn't started in over two years?

If Huff is on the board and a few others are gone, I hope to hell they take him.. He can play anywhere in the secondary.

and I also love Bullocks in the second round. He's INSTANT upgrade over Bowens and Baker.

L.A. Playa
03-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Darnell Bing when looked back at this draft in a few years will be looked at the best S far and away than anyone else in this class

L.A. Playa
03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Darnell Bing when looked back at this draft in a few years will be looked at the best S far and away than anyone else in this class

bigbub2352
03-28-2006, 09:51 AM
What about the safety from Vanderbilt alot of the same attributes as Bing later rnd pick

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 10:04 AM

You could be right.. he's a lot like a younger Lawyer Milloy though.. Very physical and great in run support, weakness is he can get beat on pass plays.. about 25 other GMs would love to have him... I dont think he fits a cover two, at least not on what I've read up about thim.. I've seen him play a lot, I watched EVERY USC game over the past few years, I love this guy.

My observations there are "by the book" I think some players like Bing end up fitting any scheme you play.

L.A. Playa
03-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Bing is a "football " player that is a great athlete, his game will be even better in the pro's look out for Scott Ware as a S too he will be a late RD pick or an UDFA and he hits like Jihn Lynch he is gonna be a good one too

Mahdi
03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I like Jason Allen and Cedric Griffin.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I see this defense is at least two years in the making.

We are missing a run stuffer, not necessarily beefy but must play 2 gaps well, ideally fast.

We want to upgrade our edge pass rushing, especially LDE.

We want faster LBs who can cover well. In cover 2, in general the DLine penetrates to work on the backfield. The corners provides tight coverage with deep support. It leaves a big middle area for the LBs. Unfortunately the Bills LBs are more on the size than speed - the only fast one Takeo is recovering from a difficult injury. Angelo, though, might be a good fit for a cover 2 LB.

The safeties needs to be able to cover wrs as well as helping LBs in the deep middle area. A proball type safety goes a long way in making cover 2 work.

Listening to Marv, I actually think they are leaning towards Huff., though it could just be pre-draft talk.

Jan Reimers
03-28-2006, 11:04 AM
We DO need at least a quality SS. I believe that none of us will be happy with the Bowen/Wire tandem there.

Anthony Smith from Syracuse is a bone jarring hitter with a real nose for the football.