PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone here the Al Michael’s slip up last night?

Patrick76777
02-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Just after the 2-minute warning, They were showing clips of Patton Manning getting hit. I think he had a
Mic. on. You could here the grunts and groans. Then Al says, "Sounds like my hotel last night" This is followed by a long pause before Dan Flouts says, "One minute and 30 seconds left Al" and you can tell they're both laughing. It was obvious that they he didn't know that they were on the air when he said it.

Cntrygal
02-03-2003, 09:03 AM
:lol:

I heard him.

Dozerdog
02-03-2003, 09:07 AM
The amazing thing too is he couldn't get any of the receivers right.

They all keep their number, so there were a bunch of #80 WRs on the field. But he kept calling Moulds Rice.

Hey stupid... the helmet is a giveaway!!

clumping platelets
02-03-2003, 09:08 AM
His mind was in the hotel room :hump:

Cntrygal
02-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

They all keep their number, so there were a bunch of #80 WRs on the field. But he kept calling Moulds Rice.

I agree... not impressive at all. I also could have done without Madden's "Well, uh, you know" comments to!

GOBILLSGO!!!
02-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

I agree... not impressive at all. I also could have done without Madden's "Well, uh, you know" comments to!

so what you're saying is that you could've done without Madden period?

And yeah, the hotel room comment was interesting...It was like one of those "did he just say what I think he said?"

Too many Mai Tai's

Cntrygal
02-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by GOBILLSGO!!!
so what you're saying is that you could've done without Madden period?

Yep. :D

Billz_fan
02-03-2003, 09:39 AM
classic laughs at the hotel remark.

I was chuckling right along with them. Good stuff :D

Back in the early days of satellite dishes we used to have one. I would watch games on the raw feed with no commercial spots. In other words you just stay there with the booth boys while they set up the next round of things to talk about during the game, get snacks, go to the bathroom etc.

Used to hear alot of good stuff from those feeds.

lordofgun
02-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Billz_fan
classic laughs at the hotel remark.

I was chuckling right along with them. Good stuff :D

Back in the early days of satellite dishes we used to have one. I would watch games on the raw feed with no commercial spots. In other words you just stay there with the booth boys while they set up the next round of things to talk about during the game, get snacks, go to the bathroom etc.

Used to hear alot of good stuff from those feeds.

I watched a few of those too. The breaks were actually more entertaining than the games at times. Dan Dierdorf trying to clear his throat was the best.

don137
02-03-2003, 09:55 AM
This thread is going downhill fast. First it created a real bad visual of why their were grunts and groans in Al Michaels hotel room then the thought of hearing Dan Dierdorf clearing his throat topped it off.:D What's next someone talking about Madden hhaving a bowel movement?

StillLurkin
02-03-2003, 09:56 AM
did al have a room next to marv ablert? lmao

WG
02-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Maybe he's an ex-NFL official. That would explain it!

:confused:

Voltron
02-04-2003, 02:21 PM
I was not impressed by the game calling at all. I think they let too many people take WAY too much time for sideline interviews while the action was happening. We missed Henry's TD because some hall of famer had diarrhea of the mouth. :puke: