PDA

View Full Version : Who R Guys You Can't Pass Up With 8th pick...

bigbub2352
03-28-2006, 09:44 AM
The Mock Drafts are flying around now and we are in the home stretch, Mock Drafts Have us taking everybody from Holiata Ngata to Michael Huff... So who are the guys if they are there u just couldn't pass up even if they are not in a position of need....
Dbrickshaw Furgueson
Vince Young
Jay Cutler
AJ Hawk
Vernon Davis
Mario Williams
these r the guys i think no matter what your need is u cant pass them up!!
Any others?

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Here's my list in order (Not including Brick, Mario, Leinart and Bush)

1- AJ Hawk- Animal pure animal
2- Vernon Davis- Can single-handedly change an entire offense
3- Michael Huff- Track speed and Ronnie Lott style licks.
4- Jay Cutler- For some reason, he reminds me of Jimbo
5- Vince Young- If he's anything like he was in college, he'll own this league.
Def also the biggest risk.
6- Broderik Bunkley- I think the best tackle in the draft
7- Winston Justice- I like Eric Winston just as much, 8 is too high.

Kenny
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
In order of who I'd pick if they were available:

Leinart
Brick
Mario Williams
Hawk

I dont want Cutler or Young. And though Vernon Davis would be a nice pick (I certainly wouldnt be uspet if we picked him), I'd rather go for Bunkley or trade down.

OpIv37
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't want Cutler, Young or Leinart. Cutler didn't win, Young has "Vick" written all over him, and Leinart faced very little quality competition (and didn't look so good when he did).

Brick is by far the best and would be the most useful to us. I'd have a hard time passing on Hawk even though he's not a position of need.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't want Cutler, Young or Leinart. Cutler didn't win, Young has "Vick" written all over him, and Leinart faced very little quality competition (and didn't look so good when he did).

Brick is by far the best and would be the most useful to us. I'd have a hard time passing on Hawk even though he's not a position of need.

I dont think you can even count Brick, Mario, Leinart or Williams as those are the CLEAR CUT top four picks.. None of them are ever going to fall to eight. From there, there are possibilities, but not with the first four picks.

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Leinart
Brick
Mario
Hawk
Davis
Huff

In that order. Ngata/Bunkley if none of above are avaialable. Cutler reminds me of Losman, and we already have one of those. only way I'd do that is if there are JP personality issues that Marv can't deal with. 8 is simply too high for Justice, and I'd rather have Eric Winston anyway.

justasportsfan
03-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Brick, Hawk, Davis and Williams . I don't care for any of the qb's especially YOUNG. Even if he turns out to be the next Vick, I'd rather have a SD team(when Brees was healthy) than a Falcons team.

BillsNick
03-28-2006, 10:04 AM
AJ Hawk- If he's there at 8, we take him for sure.

Vernon Davis - you don't see too many talents like him come along.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
This is a great topic thread for discussion, but there's a few guys that its useless discussing as they are NEVER going to fall to 8.

bigbub2352
03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
If we are shopping Moulds I would not be upset at all with Vernon Davis, also AJ Hawk would be outstanding over Jeff Posey and would ease TKO back in, those r my two guys, But i will continue to say that you can't pass on Vince Young if he is there and those guys are gone

justasportsfan
03-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Here's my list in order (Not including Brick, Mario, Leinart and Bush)

1- AJ Hawk- Animal pure animal
2- Vernon Davis- Can single-handedly change an entire offense
3- Michael Huff- Track speed and Ronnie Lott style licks.
4- Jay Cutler- For some reason, he reminds me of Jimbo
5- Vince Young- If he's anything like he was in college, he'll own this league.
Def also the biggest risk.
6- Broderik Bunkley- I think the best tackle in the draft
7- Winston Justice- I like Eric Winston just as much, 8 is too high.
Pat where Marv is involved whatcha think ?

EDIT Huff- Kelso

Hawk= Chris Spileman

Marrio= Bruce

Davis= K-gun

Who do you think he'd take?

bigbub2352
03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
u never know who is gonna fall that is why this discussion is so sexy....

Mr. Pink
03-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Pat where Marv is involved whatcha think ?

Huff- Shane Conlan

Hawk= Chris Spileman

Marrio= Bruce

Davis= K-gun

Who do you think he'd take?

Huff=Kelso :)

And I do think if Huff is there and Buffalo doesn't trade down they take Huff.

I'd like Hawk even further, but doubt he falls that far. Hawk is far superior to Crowell or Posey and with Takeo's injury no one can be absolutely certain about his future.

Basing fully on need at this pick would be a mistake when you can get an impact player of the caliber of Huff or Hawk if available. Winston Justice would be too much of a reach at this spot and I think he's the guy the Bills most "need" to draft. With a trade down, which actually I think is the best option if there is a possible suitor, you take Justice and then have another 1st day pick to fill another need or get BPA if someone you absolutely love has fallen.

justasportsfan
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Huff=Kelso :)

.Oops, yup that's who I meant :D.
No doubt that if Hawk or Davis is there, I'd take either. If both are there (for some reason) I'll take Hawk first. Huff , I could trade down.

don137
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Williams, Brick and Hawk. If all taken go after Davis. Some team may pony up and trade for him after the Bills draft him. If not they just drafted one of the most athletic TE's in years. TE's are great players for young QBs.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I would agree on Vernon Davis being selected, but the Bills last year went out and supposedly got an athletic TE in Kevin Everett. If this guy is as good as advertised, then taking Davis would essentially be wasting our pick. Just my opinion though.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 10:35 AM
I would agree on Vernon Davis being selected, but the Bills last year went out and supposedly got an athletic TE in Kevin Everett. If this guy is as good as advertised, then taking Davis would essentially be wasting our pick. Just my opinion though.

Everett may be decent, but he was only a third round pick, and he's yet to play a down.. He's also very cheap so money would have little do with Davis. Davis is the best player in this draft if your looking to take double teams galore off Evans every play and help Willis by making teams respect the pass.

I would take AJ Hawk first though without a doubt if he came to us... If he's not a Marv Levy guy I dont know what is.

YOu cant trade down and get Hawk, I think Det or Arz would gobble him up right after us. So if you like huff, you have to take him at 8. If Marv wants a safety, there is A LOT of depth here.. Not sure about huff, it would depend on a lot of things.

I agree about Justice.. too much a reach at 8.. And from what I understand he has massive maturity issues.. I like tackles in the 2nd or even third rounds just as much.

If you go STRICTLY by need, then I think Brod is the best pick.