• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Latest Mock

This is my latest mock..... I only listed the first 22 picks because I am lazy and I wanted to make sure all AFC East picks were included... I'm working on it still but as of this moment, this is what I got happening (barring draft day trades). I do my last (and full mock) the week prior to the draft.

1- Houston- Bush
    2- N.O.- Brick
    3- Tenn- Leinart
    4- Jets- Mario Williams
    5- Packers- Hawk
    6- SF- Vernon Davis
    7- Oak- Cutler
    8- Buffalo- Michael Huff
    9- Detroit- Winston Justice (reach)
    10- Arizona- Vince Young
    11- Rams- Haloti Ngata
    12- Cleveland- Bunkley
    13- Baltimore- Jimmy Williams
    14- Philly- LenDale White
    15- Denver- Chad Jackson
    16- Miami- Eric Winston
    17- Minnesota- Manny Lawson
    18- Dallas- Jason Allen
    19- San Diego- Santonio Holmes
    20- KC- Tye Hill
    21- NE- DeAngelo Williams
    22 Denver- Darnell Bing

29- Jets- Davin Joseph

Rest of Bills on Day One
    2- Charles Spencer, G
    3A- Darren Colledge, T
    3B- Rod Wright, DT

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Latest Mock

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    This is my latest mock..... I only listed the first 22 picks because I am lazy and I wanted to make sure all AFC East picks were included... I'm working on it still but as of this moment, this is what I got happening (barring draft day trades). I do my last (and full mock) the week prior to the draft.

1- Houston- Bush
    2- N.O.- Brick
    3- Tenn- Leinart
    4- Jets- Mario Williams
    5- Packers- Hawk
    6- SF- Vernon Davis
    7- Oak- Cutler
    8- Buffalo- Michael Huff
    9- Detroit- Winston Justice (reach)
    10- Arizona- Vince Young
    11- Rams- Haloti Ngata
    12- Cleveland- Bunkley
    13- Baltimore- Jimmy Williams
    14- Philly- LenDale White
    15- Denver- Chad Jackson
    16- Miami- Eric Winston
    17- Minnesota- Manny Lawson
    18- Dallas- Jason Allen
    19- San Diego- Santonio Holmes
    20- KC- Tye Hill
    21- NE- DeAngelo Williams
    22 Denver- Darnell Bing

29- Jets- Davin Joseph

Rest of Bills on Day One
    2- Charles Spencer, G
    3A- Darren Colledge, T
    3B- Rod Wright, DT
    You're 2nd and 3a are good, but I'd worry with getting Rod Wright as a DT. Who's going to start for our 2nd DT? I doubt that Wright would be ready, and our Anderson has shown that he's not going to cut it. Unless you expect to get someone after some June 1st cuts...DT would be a big worry position.

PS It's Daryn Colledge

Comment

• clumping platelets

You cannot go into the draft expecting to draft starters.......

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        You cannot go into the draft expecting to draft starters.......
        Do we have a choice? We have no 2nd DT starter and no current LG starter...

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bennie Anderson or Duke Preston will be the starter at LG

Tim Anderson is the starter at the other DT....

We have starters on the roster.....I shudder at the opinion that drafted players can be counted on to come in and be productive as rookies....recipe for disaster.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

No single draft can fill this many holes.. They'd have to go by DT by committee, just as of this moment they'd have to do the same at safety..

Michael Huff works because
            * Besides Vernon DAvis, he's probably the best athlete in the draft. Like some other good safeties coming out, he's quick as hell to cover.. Unlike many, he brings the noise against the run.

* This could very well be Vincent's last year with the Bills.. This is a team being built for the future at this point.

* Its very possible it could be Nate Clements last year as well. I've seen no indications he's going to sign long term unless he's one of the best paid corners in the NFL... I dont think we keep tagging him every year if thats the case and paying $7.2 million per (or more). I hope to get something worked out with nate but I sure as hell wouldnt bank on it. Huff can play ANYWHERE in the secondary.

* I look at what safeties like Roy Williams, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu have done for their defenses. I like the concept of a franchise safety on the team.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Only pick I dont like is Colledge, must rather take a player like Whitworth and maybe Orien Harris over Rod Wright. 1st round pick though is amazing.

Clump I completely disagree esp with this draft where starters can be found easily as deep as round 3. In the draft in my opinion you go in with the mentality to help out your team as best possible whether that be depth or drafting an immediate starter. In Pat's Mock we draft 3-4 starters easily and thats why its a good mock, bc it fills the needs we have with the players who will immediatly step up and be a starter. How good they may be will be told in time, but you always draft based on can this kid one day start for my team or have a big impact. Otherwise whats the point of drafting anybody?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

We have starters on the roster.....I shudder at the opinion that drafted players can be counted on to come in and be productive as rookies....recipe for disaster.
                Since when? I can tell you right now we take Ngata or Bunkley, they start!

Comment

• clumping platelets

And from the same logic, drafting a LB high makes sense as well....

quite honestly, more and more....I think the Bills trade down for more picks and draft not only quality but quantity

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    You're 2nd and 3a are good, but I'd worry with getting Rod Wright as a DT. Who's going to start for our 2nd DT? I doubt that Wright would be ready, and our Anderson has shown that he's not going to cut it. Unless you expect to get someone after some June 1st cuts...DT would be a big worry position.

PS It's Daryn Colledge
                    You just aren't going to accept the fact our DC flat out stated we have our two starters at Safety are you?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

so does Michael Huff or ANY 8th overall pick for that matter..

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Since when? I can tell you right now we take Ngata or Bunkley, they start!

When did you become HC?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Thats nice I shudder at the thought of not drafting to win and more and more years of crappiness which is exactly what your suggesting by starting Anderson, Anderson, and/or Preston. A much bigger recipe for disaster. I think we both would of been happier with a FA pickup in each categor but it just didnt happen so why not draft Day 1 kids that have the ability to come in and produce instead of relying on people we know cant produce? What logic does that have behind it. Personally I wouldnt mind Preston starting at G bc he was DP last year and didnt get harldy any time, but Anderson showed me more than enough of nothingness last year to know he's not a starter bc he was a bad pick to begin with.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

You just aren't going to accept the fact our DC flat out stated we have our two starters at Safety are you?

Link? Exact Quote?
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Not anymore than you are flat-out stupid if you dont think the bills will take a player in the draft if he's better than Matt Bowens...

I've heard a TON about competition on the football field at every position.. I've yet to hear Ferrel say that we're done looking at safeties because we already have our starters and they dont need any competition.

Comment

Working...
                              X