PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: The Historian

northernbillfan
03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Time for a trip through time with the Historian once again. He looks back at his favorite season.

If I had to pick one year that was my favorite year to be a Bills fan, it would be a tough choice. 1980 and 1990 are obvious. In 1980 we had the #1 defense in the NFL, and were probably a sprained ankle away from facing the Raiders in the AFC Championship game. In 1990, the Bills came from behind against Denver to ride a string of victories to the Super Bowl. But those Bills teams were supposed to be good. 1980 was three seasons into Chuck Knox’s tenure, and the slew of draft picks thanks to the OJ Simpson deal were beginning to blossom as players. The 1990 team was actually more of a relief than anything, as they had actually underachieved as the bickering Bills of 1989.

My Favorite Year (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/03/28/my_favorite_year.php)

This was my favorite season as well, due to the fact that this was the first time I saw the Buffalo Bills at Rich, Dec 1987. They lost 13-7 to the Patsies.

Patrick76777
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=northernbillfan]The roller coaster ride continued in Indianapolis the following week, as the Bills, who’s replacements were literally taken apart by the Colts replacements, [/url]

Did they actually dismember the replacements?