• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Pope's contract is CHEAP

Jets | Contract update: M. Pope
    Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:13:25 -0800
    Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports DT Monsanto Pope signed a one-year, $585,000 contract that also included a $40,000 signing bonus with the New York Jets, according to agent Ron Del Duca.

Thats a CHEAP contract .. I cant see how how he couldn't have added good depth to our team, and we did have him in town.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • clumping platelets

Re: Pope's contract is CHEAP

Maybe he preferred playing for the Jets

That's a 1 yr vets minimum deal....he plays well and he could parlay into a bigger deal

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

depth? He'd be a starter here- you saw the jokers that we had on our D line last year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        depth? He'd be a starter here- you saw the jokers that we had on our D line last year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          Maybe he preferred playing for the Jets

That's a 1 yr vets minimum deal....he plays well and he could parlay into a bigger deal
          Im hoping thats not true, because if we cant even get backup DT's to come to our team before the Jets we are in huge trouble dude.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Damn I think we missed the boat on that one he would of been a good pickup at that price.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

just maybe the staff didnt want him here after meeting him. if he came that cheap and the staff did want him, the deal would have been done by now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                just maybe the staff didnt want him here after meeting him. if he came that cheap and the staff did want him, the deal would have been done by now.
                Stop talking sense.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Marv must have been taking his midday nap, in preparation for his warm milk and 9:00 PM bedtime, when the Pope signing went down.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Here's another guy we had in once, who signed elsewhere, seems like a fair contract.

Cowboys | Contract update: J. Fabini
                    Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:24:40 -0800
                    Dallas Cowboys OT Jason Fabini signed a three-year contract with base salaries of $750,000 (2006), $1 million (2007) and $1 million (2008).

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                      Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Stop talking sense.
                      right- doing nothing about a DL that was the worst in the league last year was a much better option.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

right- doing nothing about a DL that was the worst in the league last year was a much better option.
                        *****ing about not signing who YOU think is a good fit isn't fixing things either.

Seriously, if the bills thought he was all that he would be a bill . I mean cmon, the guy signed a one year deal at minimun. How come NO OTHER TEAM SIGNED him for more? Are you more qualified to think all these other teams are wrong as well?

I am not gonna cry over players we cut or don't sign. Marv and Dick have a plan. A plan that neither you nor I know. You can play interenet GM all you want fact is, you are not a GM and stop acting like you know more than Marv and Dick.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          *****ing about not signing who YOU think is a good fit isn't fixing things either.

Seriously, if the bills thought he was all that he would be a bill . I mean cmon, the guy signed a one year deal at minimun. How come NO OTHER TEAM SIGNED him for more? Are you more qualified to think all these other teams are wrong as well?

I am not gonna cry over players we cut or don't sign. Marv and Dick have a plan. A plan that neither you nor I know. You can play interenet GM all you want fact is, you are not a GM and stop acting like you know more than Marv and Dick.
                          I know our DL sucked last year. And I know that this off-season, at best we broke even (trading Adams for Triplett). Logical conclusion: The DL still SUCKS.

I'm not in a position to do anything about it. Marv and Dick are, but so far they haven't done it and now all the FA's are signed. Maybe this guy wasn't the right guy, but you mean to tell me that out of all the DT's available, Tripplett was the only one better than Sape and Anderson? I find that hard to believe.

Apparently their plan is to give up 150 rushing yards per game like we did last year.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

I know our DL sucked last year. And I know that this off-season, at best we broke even (trading Adams for Triplett). Logical conclusion: The DL still SUCKS.

I'm not in a position to do anything about it. Marv and Dick are, but so far they haven't done it and now all the FA's are signed. Maybe this guy wasn't the right guy, but you mean to tell me that out of all the DT's available, Tripplett was the only one better than Sape and Anderson? I find that hard to believe.

Apparently their plan is to give up 150 rushing yards per game like we did last year.
                            Last year was last year. I thought we all agree our coaches sucked. Maybe our players were put in a position no to make plays. Do I know that for sure? NO , BUT NEITHER DO YOU.

Answer me one question, how come NOBODY else signed him for more than league minimum?

OP, I don't agree with all of MArv's moves but I am not gonna act like it's a mistake because there aren't any facts to support whether they are or not. You on the other hand ACT like they are.

When you complain about something that isn't fact, all your doing is whining.

If MArv addresses that Dl between now and June 1 and the draft, ALL YOU DID WAS WHINE .
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

or it could be a realistic possibility at this stage at least, players are taking a look at this organization and saying "I'll pass".

Nobody knows what's going on right now for sure, and I sure as hell hope this draft plucks us a few solid contributors.

Comment

Working...
                              X