PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate The Marv 03-28-06

Meathead
03-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Sandwich Productions® in cooperation with all that’s good brings you the next in our award-winning surveys for Buffalo Bills fans around the galaxy. How exciting this must be for you!

Today’s question: Evalutate The Marv’s overall performance as GM

We realize The Marv hasn’t had much time in the saddle, so to speak, but let’s take a snap-shot of how you would evaluate his performance out of the gate so far. Then we can compare it against future evaluations and see exactly how wrong we really were!

Even though The Marv is titled GM of Football Operations he is the only GM (Modrak is Asst. GM) he still has to operate under the restrictions of things like the salary cap so he should be considered responsible for everything that happens on the field. Do not consider other things like marketing in your evaluation.

How do you think The Marv is doing as GM?

Remember, this poll closes in one week so vote today!

OpIv37
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
I've already said this but I'll say it again.

Tripplett and Royal were good pickups. Fowler could go either way but my gut tells me he'll be an improvement.

Resigning Denny was neutral- he's decent for depth but does not solve any problems. Resigning Reed was mind-boggling. The guy's done nothing but he keeps getting chance after chance.

The coaching choice- I'll give Marv the benefit of the doubt, but Jauron has a losing record, Fewell has never been DC before, and Fairchild runs a spread-out pass-happy offense that has never been implemented properly in Buffalo.

The OL is still missing 2-3 starters and we still only have one starting caliber DT.

The Moulds situation is still a cluster**** after over 2 months of Marv.

There are still a lot of holes to fill with the draft (IMO too many, unless someone is dumb enough to give us all their Day 1 picks for Moulds).

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Overall: Incomplete.. There is the Draft and post-June 1st moves.. IMPOSSIBLE to base his peformance before these things happen.. Needs the benefit of the doubt. I have confidence he'll draft well and pick up a few guys after June 1st to plug in.

First Three Weeks of FA: F-
We've done next to nothing to improve our 2005 product..Some including myself can argue that we are WORSE than last year...Cant blame him as we never were in running for ridiculously expensive players like Hutch, Bentley, etc.. But we did have guys like Fabini, Pickett and Neal in town; mid-level pay FA's and came away with none of them; all would have been assets to a team in need of them..... He went 0-for-2 on trying to land RFA's and this Eric Moulds situation is taking up too much of his time and energy, should have cut the a$$hole weeks ago... Speaking of Moulds, bringing back Josh Reed and signing Andre Davis were stupid moves as neither is a #2 and Roscoe Parrish is also in the mix. They're all #3's at best.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Love to hear the thought's of some others.

don137
03-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I dont know the full plan of Marv yet so I can't grade him yet. My gut instinct says I am not happy at all from the selection of the coach to free agency but its unfair to grade him this early. I was hoping the Bills could do enough in FA and the draft to become a playoff team next year but the Bills did not do enough so far in FA to do that. I don't think the team is better today than it was at the end of last year other than TD won't be making personnel decisions. However maybe Marv is taking a step back to take two steps forward next off-season. Marv does need to have a very good draft to start to turn this mess around.

mybills
03-28-2006, 03:25 PM
AWESOME. Somebody here said, "nobody worships Marv". They were wrong. :evil:

With age comes wisdom, Marv is wise. Not to be mistaken for Mark, he is just wys.:;

Meathead
03-28-2006, 03:46 PM
of course its incomplete. to really grade any gm you have to give them at least two year. that wasnt the question

how do you evaluate his performance so far? if all hes done is replace the tp in the bafroom then evaluate that. we're going to take more polls so youll have plenty of chances to make a statement later if you need to

just assume that if you dont vote for a choice given i will rip your tongue out with my pinky toe

Meathead
03-28-2006, 07:40 PM
there are what, 6 billion people on the planet, if only .0001% vote on this poll we'll have more than the dentists who think you should chew gum with sugar in it so go find some of them and get them to vote

if that doesnt make sense i dont know what does

ParanoidAndroid
03-28-2006, 09:21 PM
I abstain until I see results on the field.

mybills
03-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Jeesh, grow some balls & vote. These Sandwich Productions® are worth it. :up:

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Sandwich Productions® in cooperation with all that’s good brings you the next in our award-winning surveys for Buffalo Bills fans around the galaxy. How exciting this must be for you!

Today’s question: Evalutate The Marv’s overall performance as GM

We realize The Marv hasn’t had much time in the saddle, so to speak, but let’s take a snap-shot of how you would evaluate his performance out of the gate so far. Then we can compare it against future evaluations and see exactly how wrong we really were!

Even though The Marv is titled GM of Football Operations he is the only GM (Modrak is Asst. GM) he still has to operate under the restrictions of things like the salary cap so he should be considered responsible for everything that happens on the field. Do not consider other things like marketing in your evaluation.

How do you think The Marv is doing as GM?

Remember, this poll closes in one week so vote today!

I voted 4. I would have liked to see the OL Addressed more, but he is limited in what he can do thanks to the TD Era.

Bill Brasky
03-29-2006, 07:12 AM
up to this point...

Staffing - C minus - hate the Jauron hire... some of the assistants I can live with

Free Agency - D minus - Outside of LT, who is average at best, I have no confidence in anybody that was brought in, and some of the guys that were dropped have yet to be replaced

Cap Management - B - From a monetary standpoint, he has made some decent moves.

Overall - C minus

Of course, this could all change after the draft. At this point, I would be ready to have a parent-teacher conference with lil ol' Marv about his performance.

Meathead
03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
At this point, I would be ready to have a parent-teacher conference with lil ol' Marv about his performance.
lol

but who would you get to be the daddy?

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 09:35 AM
lol

but who would you get to be the daddy?

:roflmao:

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
I voted 4. I would have liked to see the OL Addressed more, but he is limited in what he can do thanks to the TD Era.

Unless I'm mistaken, TD is a bum but he isnt the owner of the team and has nothing to do with any decisions made anymore. He doesnt sign the checks, select the guys Marv brings in or offer them a contract.

Did you mean to say limited thanks to Ralph Wilson?