PDA

View Full Version : DAMN! That's a LOT of money for Ryan Denney

Michael82
03-28-2006, 02:30 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=subPageHeader colSpan=2>:shocked:

Denney, Ryan
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallText>View Stats at Players Inc Site (http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=33052) </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Player Info
</TD><TD>Draft Info
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>DE (#)
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Year: 2002
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Buffalo Bills
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Round: 2
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Orchard Park, NY
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Position: 29
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Salary History
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabledata>2006</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>600000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2007</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>1900000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2008</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>2300000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2009</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>2400000.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://www.nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=33052

Night Train
03-28-2006, 02:34 PM
In other words, a 1 or 2 year deal.

tat2dmike77
03-28-2006, 02:34 PM
:wtf:

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 02:35 PM
In other words, a 1 or 2 year deal. Exactly. All the deals have higher base pays making them easy to cut, or re do

Michael82
03-28-2006, 02:35 PM
In other words, a 1 or 2 year deal.
basically. It's a contract that is HEAVILY backloaded. I wonder what his signing bonus is.

Iehoshua
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Wait, we're paying money for Ryan Denney?
:shocked:

Michael82
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Exactly. All the deals have higher base pays making them easy to cut, or re do
Looks like Craig Nall also has a 1-year type deal too. :up:

Then when Losman wins the job and tears it up, they can extend his deal and cut Nall. :D

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=subPageHeader colSpan=2>Nall, Craig</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallText>View Stats at Players Inc Site (http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=33141) </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Player Info
</TD><TD>Draft Info
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>QB (#)
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Year: 2002
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Buffalo Bills
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Round: 5
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>DePere, WI
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Position: 29
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Salary History
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabledata>2006</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>600000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2007</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>1100000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2008</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>1250000.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr. Pink
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
The way his contract looks, it appears as if he has one more year to try and establish/prove himself as a legitimate contributor on the d-line. If he does he's getting paid money that will keep him happy throughout the duration of the deal. And, yes I'm taking a 100% positive outlook for a change, he'll come cheaply if he can prove he's legit and worth the 2nd round pick they invested for him.

Of course if he does not pan out this upcoming season, he'll be dropped like a bad habit in the next offseason. At least in my opinion.

clumping platelets
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
:shakeno:

Michael82
03-28-2006, 02:50 PM
:shakeno:
What do you think of the contract? Was that higher than you thought? Any idea what his Signing bonus is?

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Looks like Craig Nall also has a 1-year type deal too. :up:

Then when Losman wins the job and tears it up, they can extend his deal and cut Nall. :D

You think they are keeping holcomb over nall? PM me I have some property I want to sell ya...

clumping platelets
03-28-2006, 02:56 PM
It's likely a 1 yr deal backloaded to make the agent look good.....I do not have any contract details other than salaries....but I would guess there is a roster bonus in 2007

Michael82
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
You think they are keeping holcomb over nall? PM me I have some property I want to sell ya...
No, Holcomb is GONE! I think that Nall is here for one year and if Losman wins the job and does good, like I think he will...they'll probably get rid of him. It's not good when your backup is making more than ur starter.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
He better not only start, he better near ALL PRO for $1.9 million dollars in 2007, after wasting four years of this team's time and money.

Here's what I think the Bills are thinking: Kelsay is a FA after this season and Denney can take over, so if he plays well he'll get paid accordingly.. Here's the problem.He's not any f'n good.

Michael82
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
He better not only start, he better near ALL PRO for $1.9 million dollars in 2007, after wasting four years of this team's time and money.

Here's what I think the Bills are thinking: Kelsay is a FA after this season and Denney can take over, so if he plays well he'll get paid accordingly.. Here's the problem.He's not any f'n good.
for the last time, it's a backloaded deal. Like Clump said, it's basically a 1-year deal and he'll either be cut or the contract will be reworked.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I am well aware of this.....

and if he plays well enough to be worth keeping, but now quite well enough to be a starter if Kelsay leaves via FA, we have to pay him $1.9 million dollars?!

He's no Jason Fabini or Nate Burleson.. he doesnt even deserve to have the words "millions" and "multi" in the same sentence.. Why bother with a backloaded deal? He's lucky to get a one-year, 600k deal

Mr. Pink
03-28-2006, 03:08 PM

BTW I believe they're keeping holcomb and nall. Losman is going to be the odd man out of the QBs we do have. Nall was signed as the young guy who has untapped potential, but could excel and Holcomb as the veteran leadership.

If the Bills do not draft a QB this year, you'll see these three guys for one year and next year you'll see either Brady Quinn or Troy Smith behind Center.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 03:13 PM
BTW I believe they're keeping holcomb and nall. Losman is going to be the odd man out of the QBs we do have. Nall was signed as the young guy who has untapped potential, but could excel and Holcomb as the veteran leadership.

If the Bills do not draft a QB this year, you'll see these three guys for one year and next year you'll see either Brady Quinn or Troy Smith behind Center.

We put ANY Rookie behind center, we lose. Last time I checked we werent' the steelers.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
how about if its a "TOM MODRAK" rookie? Tom Modrak is Ron Wolffe.. Since Tom Modrak in your eyes is making all the decisions..

We draft Jay Cutler by some crazy chance though, and that'll have NOTHING to do with Modrak though right?

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:17 PM
We put ANY Rookie behind center, we lose. Last time I checked we werent' the steelers.

Einstein, for all intents and purposes, what is Craig Nall? He threw as many NFL passes last year as Jay Cutler or Vince Young.

You sit here and write thread after thread that Craig Nall is going to be starting and then you write THAT?

Mr. Pink
03-28-2006, 03:17 PM
We could be the Browns of 85 with Bernie Kosar behind center....or the Bears of last year with Kyle Orton back there too. You seem to be only of positive origin on your posts so it could happen! It's not likely however.

Besides face facts here, we're just not a very good football team at this point in time, putting a rookie behind center or Joe Montana circa 1984 behind center wouldn't make a lick a difference.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
We could be the Browns of 85 with Bernie Kosar behind center....or the Bears of last year with Kyle Orton back there too. You seem to be only of positive origin on your posts so it could happen! It's not likely however.

Besides face facts here, we're just not a very good football team at this point in time, putting a rookie behind center or Joe Montana circa 1984 behind center wouldn't make a lick a difference.

And that is why I say address both lines with our first 4 picks minimum. Taking any QB is a waste as is TE or Safety. Our DC has already said we have our starters in the secondary. McGee, Clements, Vincent and Bowen. Bowen will be the 'QB' of that secondary. We have backups at safety.

Address BOTH lines in the draft. Get them in asap, sign the contracts and get them to working out.

I will say this, We pick up an additional 4th for moulds, I see us taking Brodie Croyle. Marv and co was all over this guy during the sr bowl I believe and the combine.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
And that is why I say address both lines with our first 4 picks minimum. Taking any QB is a waste as is TE or Safety. Our DC has already said we have our starters in the secondary. McGee, Clements, Vincent and Bowen. Bowen will be the 'QB' of that secondary. We have backups at safety.

Address BOTH lines in the draft. Get them in asap, sign the contracts and get them to working out.

I will say this, We pick up an additional 4th for moulds, I see us taking Brodie Croyle. Marv and co was all over this guy during the sr bowl I believe and the combine.

I will ask again.. AS did DraftBoy earlier.. do you have a LINK Or soundbyte where Perry Ferrel has already stated we have our starters in the secondary and we're not looking for any other safeties? There's not a person on this entire board that heard Ferrel say that with the exception of you.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
God I love the ignore feature.

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:38 PM
I will ask again.. AS did DraftBoy earlier.. do you have a LINK Or soundbyte where Perry Ferrel has already stated we have our starters in the secondary and we're not looking for any other safeties? There's not a person on this entire board that heard Ferrel say that with the exception of you.

Will someone else kindly cut and paste that quote into their comment please so I can either A) Prove Ice is lying or B) Run away from the topic all together like usual.

Myself and some others would like to hear this statement that Ferrel said about our safeties that NOBODY else has heard.

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Ice, where'd you hear Perry Fewell say he's got his DB starters? I'm not doubting you, just didn't hear it myself, not always able to tune in. Link?

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 03:49 PM
During the PC's where the Defensive coaches talked to the press one on one. He flat out said, Bowen will be the 'QB of this secondary'. The guy is the starter.

Mski
03-28-2006, 03:52 PM
During the PC's where the Defensive coaches talked to the press one on one. He flat out said, Bowen will be the 'QB of this secondary'. The guy is the starter.

:link::link::link: :link::link:

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Ice, where'd you hear Perry Fewell say he's got his DB starters? I'm not doubting you, just didn't hear it myself, not always able to tune in. Link?

Im doubting because Perry never said that.. not a SINGLE Bills fan on this thread heard this "statement." This is the point of the thread where Ice will be done with this topic and go to the next thread and either agree with whatever everyone else says, or use a Pittsburgh or New England comparision.

Mr. Cynical
03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Wait, we're paying money for Ryan Denney?
:shocked:

:rofl:

Maybe we should all donate some zonebucks to Ralph so he can renegotiate with him. :snicker:

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
:link::link::link: :link::link:

LOL.. told you.. HIs "contribution" to this topic is over.