PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be a long season!!

HHURRICANE
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Now, as we are getting towards the end of free agency, I can't believe we haven't signed any talent.

Resigning Denney and Jerman is such a joke that I can't believe it. Why did we get rid of Sam Adams?!

We had better trade down because I see nothing at #8 that excites me. I would rather get more picks because, quite frankly, we need them.

We are in full rebuilding mode so please, for the love of god, please do not mention the Bills and playoffs in the same season!!! Some of us were smart enough last year to know the difference.

It is now time to start JP a full 16 games, or at worst, 8 in a row and if he fails let Nall play for the job. Kelly Holcomb is a very good backup. BACKUP!!!
Please, unless you are a moron, no more posts with Holcomb as the starter.

Be prepared for a very long season!!!!:ill:

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 04:07 PM
There goes your pos rep.

HHURRICANE
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
There goes your pos rep.

You know if people want to live in dreamland, and not here the truth, than neg away.

Holcomb is not an NFL starter.

Denney and Jerman suck.

The Bills have not made enough significant picks in FA to improve the team.

How does a team that finished 5-11 all fo a sudden become 11-5 when you have made no significant changes. Even if we hit a homerun with every pick during the draft that would not be enough to get us into the playoffs this coming season.

That is reality. I look forward to the new season every year but after last season it is obvious that it is going to be at least 2 seasons before we get back in to contention.

gil
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
My expectations for the season are about as low as yours as far as wins/losses/no playoffs. What I do expect and want is to see a team that at least improves in some way every week. That's what I remember about the Bills team of the late 80's once Marv took over as coach - you could just see them coming together into something special even when they were losing (yes they had some promising players - but so do we).

Last season was just downhill all the time with no obvious progress or lessons learned from week to week, and not seeing some young guys further their development while we were losing was equally troubling.

Whatever it is, Marv has a philosophy about the guys he wants/can get/has brought here and it seems he's sticking to it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think at least that we'll see a team that competes/improves every week, and that's all I need to keep billieving and drinking the kool-aid.

TigerJ
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I regard the signing of Jerman as inconsequential. If Buffalo drafts someone better, Jerman gets cut with little or no impact on the cap. Denney was obviously the backup plan if Buffalo didn't sign Idonije. I'm disappointed we didn't get Idonije, but there's really no alternative out there in free agency, a natural LDE with good size and athleticism. Frankly, I donh't see the Bills finding that in the draft either. I am hoping that Buffalo does find some DT help in the draft and that Tim Anderson still has some upside surprise left in him with the new defensive system that the whole line will play better, but I can't say I have great confidence such will be the case. As for it being a long season, yeah, I see it having the potential to be very long and trying.

Iehoshua
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
There goes your pos rep.
:rofl:

SABURZFAN
03-28-2006, 04:44 PM
i remember the back to back 2-14 seasons.kinda has that same feeling here in 06. :(

HHURRICANE
03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
i remember the back to back 2-14 seasons.kinda has that same feeling here in 06. :(

Yep, I agree!!

TacklingDummy
03-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

OpIv37
03-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Now, as we are getting towards the end of free agency, I can't f...ng believe we haven't signed any talent.

Resigning Denney and Jerman is such a joke that I can't believe it. Why did we get rid of Sam Adams?!

We had better trade down because I see nothing at #8 that excites me. I would rather get more picks because, quite frankly, we need them.

We are in full rebuilding mode so please, for the love of god, please do not mention the Bills and playoffs in the same season!!! Some of us were smart enough last year to know the difference.

It is now time to start JP a full 16 games, or at worst, 8 in a row and if he fails let Nall play for the job. Kelly Holcomb is a very good backup. BACKUP!!!

I agree with the majority of this- it's going to be a long one and we might as well suck it up and start Losman for the full season.

Signing Jerman was just because we don't have enough bodies on the OL- now we do. He's not going to help but he's no worse than what we had.

As far as Sam Adams goes- he's lost a step, only plays when he wants to, and has a bad attitude. I was a huge fan of his before last season but he blew it. That being said- I would have been in favor of keeping him if I knew we were going to replace him with NO ONE. Last year, he was our only starting caliber DL, now Tripplett is our only starting caliber DL so we'd be much better off with him.

Tatonka
03-28-2006, 08:05 PM
i wish i could say i was excited.. but honestly, my expectations are really low..

my hope is this..

jp plays out of his mind.. and so does willis.

the draft nets us TWO good lineman, and they put together a good unit.

the offensive system works..

and then on defense..

tko is back to himself (i have serious doubts)... and we have the best LB corp with tko, fletcher, and hawk.

we somehow get another DT.. and that the scheme fits schobel, tripplett, ??, and Kelsay.

matt bowens exceeds my expectations.. i believe the rest of the secondary is fine.

do i think all of that will happen? no.. but it could. :up:

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Now, as we are getting towards the end of free agency, I can't f...ng believe we haven't signed any talent.

Nothing at 8 excites you? Then lets just trade away our entire draft! DOOMED! For the love of God we are DOOMED!

John Doe
03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I always look foreward to a Bills season.

It is entirely possible that we will be improved this year.

ParanoidAndroid
03-28-2006, 09:06 PM

Perfect! :posrep:

The only thing I see that will make this a long season is the b**** session that is becoming all too common on my favorite Bills board.

G. Host
03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
I agree with the majority of this- it's going to be a long one and we might as well suck it up and start Losman for the full season.

We are going to suck so play the player who you were in favor of and who sucked most of the time last year? Makes lots of sense! Perfect QB for a team which sucks!

As far as Sam Adams goes- he's lost a step, only plays when he wants to, and has a bad attitude. I was a huge fan of his before last season but he blew it. That being said- I would have been in favor of keeping him if I knew we were going to replace him with NO ONE. Last year, he was our only starting caliber DL, now Tripplett is our only starting caliber DL so we'd be much better off with him.

Disagree. Schobel is defintely starting quality and would be picked up as a starter by a number of teams if he was let go. And Sam Adams was not starter material last year.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 09:30 PM

No way...We are DOOMED DAMN IT! Don't you read? Doomed!

(Sarcasm off)

OpIv37
03-28-2006, 09:35 PM
We are going to suck so play the player who you were in favor of and who sucked most of the time last year? Makes lots of sense! Perfect QB for a team which sucks!

Disagree. Schobel is defintely starting quality and would be picked up as a starter by a number of teams if he was let go. And Sam Adams was not starter material last year.

JP didn't get a real shot last year, so until we know if he can play, we're in QB limbo. We need to find out if he's gonna be our guy or not. But a camp competition would definitely be better than what happened last year- I just hope JP wins. If not, so be it- at least the vets will STFU this time around.

You're right on Schobel- I should have specified DT instead of DL.

OpIv37
03-28-2006, 09:37 PM

possible but not likely- I need to see something that looks like improvement before I can be as positive as you (ie in 03 when the D was beefed up in the off-season. That was the last time I felt good about an upcoming season).

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Nothing at 8 excites you? Then lets just trade away our entire draft! DOOMED! For the love of God we are DOOMED!

"We had better trade down because I see nothing at #8 that excites me. I would rather get more picks because, quite frankly, we need them." That was the entire quote. All I'm saying is that we are going to overpay at #8 for a player we reaaly don't need. Trading down get's us more picks for the OL and costs us less to sign them. This draft is deep on OL's.

Ice, are you excited about Ngata at #8. Fat guys to plug up the middle hasn't gotten us into the playoffs yet!!

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 08:37 AM
And a TE or Saftey will? While ignoring the FACT we don't have a DL yet? We still have OL holes etc?

I hope this is the draft the Front office does it right and pisses off the Madden/ fast food fanbase. I hope they go lines for the first 5 picks.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news........But anyone who thinks we'll suck in 2006 and magically turn it around in 2007 is mistaken.

We have a pile of problems already creeping up for 2007 before we've even drafted for 2007.

we will be FINE for the future, IF and ONLY IF Ralph Wilson is willing to spend the money this coming off-season on a nice core of young players we have (Peters RFA, Clements franchise money, willis final year of a **** contract).. If he handles his business with those three important young players, we'll be off and running in March of 2007.. If he doesnt.. this team will be even WORSE in 2007 than it is in 2006. Oh yeah, Fletch and Kelsay are UFA at year's end and VIncent's return as his age and cap number will be very questionable, kinda like Milloy a year later.

If Ralph forks up the dough, the future looks good.. If he doesnt, 2006 won't be the exception, it'll be the norm.

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
And a TE or Saftey will? While ignoring the FACT we don't have a DL yet? We still have OL holes etc?

I hope this is the draft the Front office does it right and pisses off the Madden/ fast food fanbase. I hope they go lines for the first 5 picks.

I'm so much in agreement here. I hope they use every single pick on DL's and OL's. Ngata at #8 makes no sense because he doesn't fit our scheme and I don't think he's worth a #8. Go down and get another 2nd rounder. You would have 5 picks in the first 80 spots. You could make some nice OL picks here!