PDA

View Full Version : Losman THis year

mikemac2001
03-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I say we go with losman this year try to get some oline around him and hopefully our D plays better. Maybe fairchild can come up with a system that works well with him, if no improvement or progress, most likely we will have bad record and might have chance at quinn or maybe even nall gets in and shows us something. i dont think trading losman and drafting a qb this year is the right choice we have to many wholes and a Rookie/young rarely can make a bad team a playoff team its alot of parts

Yasgur's Farm
03-28-2006, 06:26 PM
I agree... Losman deserves the chance to go more than 8 starts. Especially since those 8 starts compare so well with many eventual top starters...
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
John Elway
Drew Bledsoe

The list goes on.

Fact is that Losman's 1st 8 games are typical of eventual top 10 QB's.

Mski
03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
i think you may be jumping the gun a little comparing jp to the likes of those guys, remember they were all #1 OVER ALL on the draft

mikemac2001
03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
he hasnt been given the chance like they were though? you are right tho those were number 1's but i think he was trying to show they got there chance

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2006, 11:10 PM
I think it's not fair to compare him with Eli Manning and Ben Rothlisberger. Those two were thrown into the fire as rookies. JP sat out all year with a broken leg.

JP's a virtual rookie last season. Compare him with Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. He's right on track if not better.

Mr. Pink
03-29-2006, 12:48 AM
I think it's not fair to compare him with Eli Manning and Ben Rothlisberger. Those two were thrown into the fire as rookies. JP sat out all year with a broken leg.

JP's a virtual rookie last season. Compare him with Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. He's right on track if not better.

Well then you'd compare him to Smith-who was absolute garbage all year, then again his whole team is garbage...or Charlie Frye-has some weapons but mainly the team was garbage and last but not least Kyle Orton, again JP stacks up well against this guy stat wise but not win-loss wise. Then again chicago won in spite of Orton not because of Orton. Defense, Defense, Defense.

Stacking Losman against Smith is a win hands down for JP.
Losman against Frye? Not so much, Frye showed improvement during his starts. It's not difficult to say that Frye was the best rookie QB last season, and NO that's not an endorsement that Charlie is great, just that the other rookie QBs were that bad.
Losman vs Orton is a wash. I think Losman would have been able to do the same Orton did in Chicago and vice versa. Orton just was in a better situation, overall team wise.

To compare Losman vs Rodgers is not possible at this time, Rodgers hasn't played.

Commenting on Eli however, he wasn't exactly "thrown" into the fire, Warner did start I believe the first 8 games of the season and had the plug pulled on him in a year where the Giants realistically could have made the playoffs if he was at the helm all year.

And again, Roethlisberger had the "luxury" of having a complete team around him which made his ability to succeed that much greater.

Buffalogic
03-29-2006, 01:20 AM
I think the people digging JP's grave are ridiculous.

Should we draft a qb in the first round every year and pray we strike lightning in a bottle instantly?

I mean for those of you *****ing about drafting <insert qb here> are going to be just as brutal to that guy after his first eight starts.

Things like this take time and patience. Why don't you guys give the kid a chance and stop trying to supplant him?

JP was a rookie on a real bad team last year. Let's crucify him for not be able to break through that in 8 games.

Come on.

Buffalogic
03-29-2006, 01:20 AM
I think the people digging JP's grave are ridiculous.

Should we draft a qb in the first round every year and pray we strike lightning in a bottle instantly?

I mean for those of you *****ing about drafting [insert qb here] are going to be just as brutal to that guy after his first eight starts.

Things like this take time and patience. Why don't you guys give the kid a chance and stop trying to supplant him?

JP was a rookie on a real bad team last year. Let's crucify him for not be able to break through that in 8 games.

Come on.

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 08:00 AM
JP just needs to play the game just like he did in KC. I doubt Orton had time to digest the playbook as much as JP since JP had one year on the bench and Wyche hounding him. Just sling the ball and try not to ovethink things or he'll end up like Rob and his brother Drew.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 09:37 AM
i think you may be jumping the gun a little comparing jp to the likes of those guys, remember they were all #1 OVER ALL on the draft

Really? Where was rothlesburger picked? Nuff said.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 09:38 AM
JP just needs to play the game just like he did in KC. I doubt Orton had time to digest the playbook as much as JP since JP had one year on the bench and Wyche hounding him. Just sling the ball and try not to ovethink things or he'll end up like Rob and his brother Drew.

DJ said the same thing I have been saying, JP needs to just calm down and relax. He does that he will be fine.

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
DJ said the same thing I have been saying, JP needs to just calm down and relax. He does that he will be fine.He needs to trust his wr's.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
He needs to trust his wr's.

I'm not biting....

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm not biting....i'm not baiting. When he did, he played so much better. Look at the KC game.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
i'm not baiting. When he did, he played so much better. Look at the KC game.

Must.......resist.......

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Ice, he's not baiting. he's talking about JP needing to be willing to throw the ball where it needs to be and let receivers make plays. that's legitimate, JP looked real cautious on a lot of throws last year, when we all know he has the ability to wing it in there

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Ice, he's not baiting. he's talking about JP needing to be willing to throw the ball where it needs to be and let receivers make plays. that's legitimate, JP looked real cautious on a lot of throws last year, when we all know he has the ability to wing it in there

CRAP! bite me justa!

How can JP trust a man that backstabbed him, threw him under the bus and led a veteran revolt to get him benched!!!! he fuggin CAN'T!!!

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 11:27 AM
CRAP! bite me justa!

How can JP trust a man that backstabbed him, threw him under the bus and led a veteran revolt to get him benched!!!! he fuggin CAN'T!!!I wasn't talking about Moulds. Evans said the same thing. I'd go find his quote but I won't. Look at the KC game. How many times before that did JP throw those long balls and made Evans make plays? Not very often prior to his benching.

He did the same thing agains the fish and how many Td's did Evans catch.

As far as backstabbing goes, when you go on the field you forget anything personal. That's what proffesionals do. If Jp can't handle that, he's got no business being on the field. But once again, it isn't about Moulds.

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Ice, that was funny as hell. but I'm with Justa on this one. JP might not have been able to trust Eric to not, say, pee in his water bottle at halftime, but that's not really the kind of trust at issue. For instance, even with all the bad blood, McNabb could still throw the ball in a tough spot and trust TO to go get it. Annoying as EM might have been last season, he was never a guy who'd give up an a ball thrown his way. that was his main complaint: that more balls weren't throw his way

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I wasn't talking about Moulds. Evans said the same thing. I'd go find his quote but I won't. Look at the KC game. How many times before that did JP throw those long balls and made Evans make plays? Not very often prior to his benching.

He did the same thing agains the fish and how many Td's did Evans catch.

As far as backstabbing goes, when you go on the field you forget anything personal. That's what proffesionals do. If Jp can't handle that, he's got no business being on the field. But once again, it isn't about Moulds.

Really? Then moulds definatly needs to be gone because the SOB didn't give 100% when JP was out there. And I disagree completely, you have a guy leading a revolt against you in the locker room you do NOT forget. No one would period.

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Really? Then moulds definatly needs to be gone because the SOB didn't give 100% when JP was out there. And I disagree completely, you have a guy leading a revolt against you in the locker room you do NOT forget. No one would period.see, you're the one turning this into a Moulds vs. Jp thing. Look at what Saratoga said about the McNabb and T.O. situation. I don't care what was said outside the field, you do what needs to be done on the field to win even if it's means throwing to the guy who slept with your wife. I don't care if Moulds was wrong in trying to get JP benched. In the end, the majority seems to think benching him was the best thing that ever happened to him because he came back a different player. BEtter.

Early on, Jp would hold on to the ball too long. If he didn't take a chance throwing deep ,he'd take off. Very Rob Johnson like. You have Matt shaub or Orton just dishing out the ball deep. Why is that? Because they took chances. You can't tell me they knew their plays beter than JP knew his. When Jp finally took chances he definitely got better. I don't care if it's Moulds or Reed or Evans, throw that ball.