PDA

View Full Version : Moulds current contract Bonus

ghz in pittsburgh
03-28-2006, 09:07 PM
is not due until training camp.

That's what a friend of my in Phily told me. Apparently one of Moulds' adverser was on a Phily's radio station today and he cleared up the bonus issue, along with lots other garbages (such as not willing to re-do his contract with the Bills but will be with the Eagles).

So Marv really has no pressure at all to trade him, even after the draft like in Henry's case. If it were Donahoe, you can bet he'll try to squeeze the last bit from the other team. Let's see what Marv can do in this regard.

BTW, the Steelers got 2 4th round comp picks. Some guys on radio were speculating that they can be a player in trading front (trading their own picks).

patmoran2006
03-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if Moulds ends up in Pittsburgh.. Logically for both parties, it makes perfect sense.. There's your El replacement, and if your Moulds and NOT 100% full of ****, there's your contender to play for.

And if he does, I'm sure you will testify to this GHZ.. Joey Porter will be sure to let him know its 'Ben's house' and Eric is just gonna pay rent.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 09:12 PM
is not due until training camp.

That's what a friend of my in Phily told me. Apparently one of Moulds' adverser was on a Phily's radio station today and he cleared up the bonus issue, along with lots other garbages (such as not willing to re-do his contract with the Bills but will be with the Eagles).

So Marv really has no pressure at all to trade him, even after the draft like in Henry's case. If it were Donahoe, you can bet he'll try to squeeze the last bit from the other team. Let's see what Marv can do in this regard.

BTW, the Steelers got 2 4th round comp picks. Some guys on radio were speculating that they can be a player in trading front (trading their own picks).

You can't trade comp picks. Moulds also said a big part of the downfall with the team was the fact his reception streak stopped.

Uh Eric, what game did that happen? Didn't you pull yourself out of that game? I can not wait until this waste of space is off of this team.

What I think is funny is he isn't due the roster bonus until we start camp? Sweet. Sit on his ass until you get what you want or just go ahead and pay the guy and let him sit. Marv holds the cards in this game.

G. Host
03-28-2006, 09:19 PM
You can't trade comp picks. Moulds also said a big part of the downfall with the team was the fact his reception streak stopped.

Read what ghz said - can be a player by "trading their own picks".

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Read what ghz said - can be a player by "trading their own picks".

Read what I say, if ghz has an issue with my post, let him say something.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-28-2006, 09:33 PM
If the Steelers do trade - more likely during the draft moving up - they would trade their own 4th round, not the comp pick.

Funny Pat you should mention about Ben's house. I actually saw Ben in person on his trip (with a few others) to the company I work for, very close in terms of distance. From what I saw, he's not a leadership type of guy. He's relatively quiet, a bit shy, more in the tune of making a cheap, quick joke than rallying people like some of his companies. The only thing standout about him is his dress - he's only one really dressed down in jeans etc. where others in nice suits. Maybe he's still very young as an NFL player and not quite as seasoned.

The Steelers, of course, is not in short supply of leadership in the team, from their HC down to defense/offense, plenty of guys. I do want to mention the difference LeBeau made to that team. Without him, I don't think they would be on that two year run. According to their players, LeBeau was able to relate and bind the players really well - no more confusions and tensions, everything became clear and crisp for them. I really felt that the Bills missed on LeBeau by choosing Gray instead of him as DC.

ICE74129
03-28-2006, 09:40 PM
If the Steelers do trade - more likely during the draft moving up - they would trade their own 4th round, not the comp pick.

Funny Pat you should mention about Ben's house. I actually saw Ben in person on his trip (with a few others) to the company I work for, very close in terms of distance. From what I saw, he's not a leadership type of guy. He's relatively quiet, a bit shy, more in the tune of making a cheap, quick joke than rallying people like some of his companies. The only thing standout about him is his dress - he's only one really dressed down in jeans etc. where others in nice suits. Maybe he's still very young as an NFL player and not quite as seasoned.

The Steelers, of course, is not in short supply of leadership in the team, from their HC down to defense/offense, plenty of guys. I do want to mention the difference LeBeau made to that team. Without him, I don't think they would be on that two year run. According to their players, LeBeau was able to relate and bind the players really well - no more confusions and tensions, everything became clear and crisp for them. I really felt that the Bills missed on LeBeau by choosing Gray instead of him as DC.

I wonder if Moulds is the steelers type though. After them waiting until Ward almost held out to do his contract, I don't see them offering up 5 mill per for a #2 WR that is a possession WR at best.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't think Moulds is coming to Pittsburgh. Steelers priority is a running back. Their theme is to get younger. Besides, they are very tight against the cap.

clumping platelets
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
He has a $1 million reporting bonus

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 06:38 AM
I don't think Moulds is coming to Pittsburgh. Steelers priority is a running back. Their theme is to get younger. Besides, they are very tight against the cap.

I am suprised they haven't had to make some cuts. I bet they have to next year. I look for them to go after L White outta USC if available. I know Carolina is high on him.