PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Reed, Aiken resigned, Nate? Peters?

X-Era
03-29-2006, 06:49 AM
To me the resignings of Reed, Aiken, Denney were to remove the chance of getting a Viking maneuver where a team steals them away.

But, what the fug? Nate is still franchised and we could resign him and put money back in our pockets for this year. Peters is our best damn o-lineman and will be a UFA next year unless he is resigned.

Why in the hell spend money on these no names when 2 of our top guys are left unsigned?

AND, if Clements is meant to be traded, why have we heard ZERO about any teams interest/inquiries/etc...? Marv wont trade him, he wants him, period. So then fuggin resign him!

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 07:17 AM
To me the resignings of Reed, Aiken, Denney were to remove the chance of getting a Viking maneuver where a team steals them away.

But, what the fug? Nate is still franchised and we could resign him and put money back in our pockets for this year. Peters is our best damn o-lineman and will be a UFA next year unless he is resigned.

Why in the hell spend money on these no names when 2 of our top guys are left unsigned?

AND, if Clements is meant to be traded, why have we heard ZERO about any teams interest/inquiries/etc...? Marv wont trade him, he wants him, period. So then fuggin resign him!

Clements still wants to be the #1 paid CB, not going to happen in Buffalo and honestly he hasn't earned it. Peters said he doesn't want to sign a long term deal in Buffalo for some reason. He knows he can go get more money somewhere else. Pretty Crappy from a Non drafted FA that we took a chance on.

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Peters will not be an UFA next year. He will be a RFA.
And Marv can't magically re-sign players. The players must agree to the contract too. He is unable to force them to re-sign, despite popular beleif.

don137
03-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Clements will want even a bigger payday not that the CBA raised the salary cap by so much. I am sure Nate will be rewarded if he lays like he is capable. If he plays like he did last year then bye bye....Also, makes me think that Huff maybe the 1st rd pick since the secondary is need of help.

oldno711
03-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Who needs Peters when you have Brick?

No, but seriously...I would definitely like to see them re-sign Peters. He's young, massive, and learning fast.

Regarding Nate -- As far as I'm concerned, given our new defensive scheme and the fact he's going to want $$$$$$$, he's trade bait on draft day.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Clements will want even a bigger payday not that the CBA raised the salary cap by so much. I am sure Nate will be rewarded if he lays like he is capable. If he plays like he did last year then bye bye....Also, makes me think that Huff maybe the 1st rd pick since the secondary is need of help.

Bingo..

Between Huff's ability to play corner AND safety, and this franchise stuff with Nate (who aint signing no long term deal in buffalo unless he's ridiculously paid), Michael Huff is our first pick at number eight.. Write that down.

That is, unless AJ Hawk or Vernon Davis slip to eight, which is highly unlikely.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Lets put it this way.. Unless Ralph Wilson is willing to really spend next season (2007) this franchise is in VERY big trouble, hence why this "two year rebuilding process" talk bothers the hell out of me.. The cap is going up $8 million and just to handle our OWN business within in the team, you're lookijng at this:
* Nate will either be top 5 paid corner, franchised again or that's it.
* If Peters starts again, plays well and becomes a RFA, some team like Washington is going to make it VERY difficult for us to match. And since he's an undrafted player, I'm pretty sure we get squat in compensation, they BETTER lock him up if they see him starting.
* London Fletcher & Mark Kelsay are UFA's
* Willis McGahee will be in the final year of a very underpaid staring RB contract.

That's just from what we got now. Then of course we have the process of going after targed FA's, etc... So the future of this franchise is going to hedge on Ralph's willingness to dole out some bucks..

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Who needs Peters when you have Brick?

No, but seriously...I would definitely like to see them re-sign Peters. He's young, massive, and learning fast.

Regarding Nate -- As far as I'm concerned, given our new defensive scheme and the fact he's going to want $$$$$$$, he's trade bait on draft day.
Considering the likely fact we're going to suck this year, the other things I just mentioned above and other factors, I wouldn't fall off the couch in shock if he was traded if they can get a first round pick for him... This team has a lot of internal stuff on their plate..

The problem I think is even if they wanted to trade him, most teams have spent a lot of their cap.. NOt sure many teams could afford him at this point, that need a corner.

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Michael Huff is our first pick at number eight.. Write that down.

.I thought it was Young? Ngata ? Bunkley? Pssst. don't go attacking Ice's posts next time. You change your mind a lot too.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Bingo..

Between Huff's ability to play corner AND safety, and this franchise stuff with Nate (who aint signing no long term deal in buffalo unless he's ridiculously paid), Michael Huff is our first pick at number eight.. Write that down.

That is, unless AJ Hawk or Vernon Davis slip to eight, which is highly unlikely.

Justa.. Psst.. That sounds pretty consistent with what I said before, isn't it?

Does that last sentence sound familar?

and when did I EVER mention Ngata? I have never wanted him for a SECOND

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Peters will not be an UFA next year. He will be a RFA.
And Marv can't magically re-sign players. The players must agree to the contract too. He is unable to force them to re-sign, despite popular beleif.

Now come on doc, We all know that if a FA comes in, or a current player becomes a FA, you can coun't on ol' Marv to put them in a UFC armbar and force them to sign! He may be old, but by God he is a spy old fart!

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:29 AM
This was a good year to spend some bucks and make a run.. The AFC East is a lot weaker right now.. NE is in trouble, the jets suck and Miami has a lot of new players they must work in, including QB.

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2006, 08:33 AM
* If Peters starts again, plays well and becomes a RFA, some team like Washington is going to make it VERY difficult for us to match. And since he's an undrafted player, I'm pretty sure we get squat in compensation, they BETTER lock him up if they see him starting.

If the Bills make the qualifying offer large enough, the compensation will be a 1st and a 3rd.

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Justa.. Psst.. That sounds pretty consistent with what I said before, isn't it?

Does that last sentence sound familar?

and when did I EVER mention Ngata? I have never wanted him for a SECOND
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95427

You are implying we are taking young. Now Huff? Make up your mind. Don't even make me pull out you other posts.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Young wouldn't be a bad draft pick at all.. He also won't be on the board at 8 either....

justasportsfan
03-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Young wouldn't be a bad draft pick at all.. He also won't be on the board at 8 either..... Pssst, that's not my point. My point is you change your mind.

We'll see.. That's all I'm going to say.

OH they're gonna pick their guy and stick with him.. The thing is, he's not on this roster yet.. He will be april 29, watch......

Michael Huff is our first pick at number eight.. Write that down.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
First off.. why dont you write the COMPLETE Michael Huff quote I said.. Dont try to get 'National Enquirer' at me.. Write the line that follows it as well wise-guy.. "Unless AJ Hawk or Vernon Davis" slip.

The Vince Young thread is a CASE to be made to take a quarterback, who's more and more looking like he's going to Oakland at seven. I wouldnt be bothered at all if we took a quarterback. There are times where I think we will, and then where I'm not sure.