PDA

View Full Version : 2-year plan

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Current 2006 Buffalo Bills Starters

QB: Losman/Nall/Holcomb (take your pick- no clear starter)
Rb: McGahee
FB: Shelton
WR: Evans and Reed/Davis
TE: Royal
T: Peters and Gandy
G: Villarrial and Anderson
C: Fowler

DT: Tripplett and Tim Anderson
DE: SChobel and Kelsay
LB: Spikes, Fletch, Crowell
CB: Nate and McGee
S: Vincent and Bowen

Bold: Positions that desperately need to be upgraded. (3)
Italic: Positions that one could EASILY argue should be upgraded if this team is going to be competitive. (4)

This is not a positive nor negative thread.. This is our current starting lineup, take it for what its worth .

We better have one of the best drafts in Bills history if our on-field product is going to be better than it was in 2005. let's call a spade a spade here; this current starting unit has all the makings of rivaling the 1984-85 Bills.

My "Dream" Draft Scenario
* Trade down two spots with Arizona so they can get Young/Cutler and we pick up their second round pick.

1 (10)- Bunkley
2a (Arz)- Spencer
2b- Bullocks (S)
3a- Whitworth or Colledge (OT)
3b- The highest rated DE.

The whole key is trading DOWN and still getting Bunkley.

Bunkley, Spencer and Bullocks are starters from the SECOND their name is called.. That's solid.

Whitworth/Colledge learn while we live with Gandy for one more year (cant win em all) and the 3B DE backs up Kelsay for one year before he's gone.

Then if Wilson shows in the off-season he's COMMITTED to paying bucks to Re-build this team and give them a chance to win, he does the following to handle his OWN team business.
* Signs Peters long term or matches an offer made by another team
* Same with Clements or tag his ass.. again
* REdo Willis' deal as he heads into final year. If he goes over 1,000 third straight year there is ZERO perecent chance he dosent get his deal redone.. 2006 is last year of his deal and he's scheduled to earn $905k.
* Resign Fletch to a 2-3 year deal, if he plays like he did in 2005, he's got plenty left.

With cap room we have, we can be a semi-player on the FA market (replace Villarrial and Kelsay) and another good draft in 2007, this is the way to get good in 2 years.

Of course, some QB of the three has to step up or we suck, plain and simple...

Its going to come down to TWO things folks.
1) How well we draft this year (of course)
2) If Big Ralph is willing to open that wallet next off-season to handle our own team business.

DraftBoy
03-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Good plan Pat! Hoever two things;

1. Andrew Whitworth I think can come in and immediately start if not become the new #3 OT and be a big part of the rotation.

2. With 3B I think we should go WR and get a guy in here who can be a tall possession WR, a player like Maurice Stovall,or Martin Nance.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Good plan Pat! Hoever two things;

1. Andrew Whitworth I think can come in and immediately start if not become the new #3 OT and be a big part of the rotation.

2. With 3B I think we should go WR and get a guy in here who can be a tall possession WR, a player like Maurice Stovall,or Martin Nance.

If whitworth can come in start ahead of Gandy, even better..

I'd LOVE to have Stouvall, I dont think he lasts until the third though.. Nance maybe, though either Parrish or Davis are getting cut if this happens. If they take a WR on day one, someone is getting cut: Evans, Reed, davis, Parrish, Aiken are the top five now. To keep Parrish on the team ONLY to be a punt returner is a waste of a spot when we have Clements, McGee or even DAvis to do that.

DraftBoy
03-29-2006, 12:11 PM
If whitworth can come in start ahead of Gandy, even better..

I'd LOVE to have Stouvall, I dont think he lasts until the third though.. Nance maybe, though either Parrish or Davis are getting cut if this happens. If they take a WR on day one, someone is getting cut: Evans, Reed, davis, Parrish, Aiken are the top five now. To keep Parrish on the team ONLY to be a punt returner is a waste of a spot when we have Clements, McGee or even DAvis to do that.

Hmmm...good point there maybe we ont go WR then. I just dont see a good DE worth that pick maybe go and get a CB/S like Danieal Manning from Abilene Christian. We are gonna need a CB esp if we plan to not keep Nate around long term or a S if the regime has no confidence in Baker and with Vincent going soon. Ideally start Manning as a dime back and work him in with King at nickle. He could eventually become a playmaking Nickle or a be a starting FS with Bullocks back there for years to come.