PDA

View Full Version : Losman Cap Ramifications?

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Anyone know what the salary cap ramifications would be if the Bills by chance were to end up trading JP Losman?

On a side note, Im' not saying they should trade him, but if they are, I sure as hell hope they'd do it BEFORE THE DRAFT since teams wanting a QB will take one on draft day, making him about as valuable as a Mike Williams Topps Rookie Card in the trade market after the draft.

If this crap is true.. I could see a West Coast team as a trade option, such as SF or San Diego.

BigGabes23
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I believe that trading him has basically the same ramifications as cuting him, in which case I think it will actually cost us money to trade him (1.68MM savings, 2.39 MM hit). I think this could be worked on if a trade were to actually happen

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/02/17/billszones_2006_buffalo_bills_salary_cap_page.php

Michael82
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM
So let me get that right....we basically pay over $2.3 million for someone to take our young, inexperienced Quarterback with a ton of potential...?!?!

That makes this even worse!!! :ill:

Please don't do it, Marv! Don't give up on the kid yet. Let him compete for the job against the other two bums and then if he loses, trade or cut him then. But don't get rid of him now. :pray:

:blowup:

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 02:35 PM
I dont think he gets traded til after the draft, if at all..

This does make the draft A LOT more interesting in many ways as we now can do a million things with the pick.

Michael82
03-29-2006, 02:38 PM
I dont think he gets traded til after the draft, if at all..

This does make the draft A LOT more interesting in many ways as we now can do a million things with the pick.
might as well throw out another 1st rounder for a Quarterback. Why not? We have already used two 1st rounders for Quarterbacks in the last 5 years anyways. :ill:

Let's go for 3! :mad:

L.A. Playa
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I think Marv is blowing smoke to try to rade down to get more picks from a team that wants a QB

Ebenezer
03-29-2006, 02:52 PM
So let me get that right....we basically pay over $2.3 million for someone to take our young, inexperienced Quarterback with a ton of potential...?!?!

Please don't do it, Marv! Don't give up on the kid yet. Let him compete for the job against the other two bums and then if he loses, trade or cut him then. But don't get rid of him now. :pray:

where have you been? I believe I started a whole thread about this last week.

Forward_Lateral
03-29-2006, 02:57 PM

No offense to you, and the rest of the Losmanites, but you don't have the faintest idea as to what Marv and Dick know. If you are a GM of a football team, and you have NO confidence in a QB, why keep him around? Maybe Dick doesn't want JP as his QB? Would you rather him beat aroundt he bush, and suffer through another season of musical QBs? If Marv and Dick don't like JP, and don't think he can be the QB that they think will lead this team to the ultimate goal, then they should get rid of him. I think Marv knows a thing or two about young QBs and if they have "it" or not. I'm not saying Nall does, or Holcomb does, or Losman does not, I'm just saying to trust Marv for once. I think he knows a bit more about this game than you do.

Forward_Lateral
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Also, if they don't want JP, and they already know it, why not trade him while he has some value? If he goes into camp, and loses to a couple of "bums", he'd be worth jack all.
It would be like getting married to a woman, even if you knew it was going to end in a divorce in 6 months? What's the point?

Ebenezer
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
No offense to you, and the rest of the Losmanites, but you don't have the faintest idea as to what Marv and Dick know. If you are a GM of a football team, and you have NO confidence in a QB, why keep him around? Maybe Dick doesn't want JP as his QB? Would you rather him beat aroundt he bush, and suffer through another season of musical QBs? If Marv and Dick don't like JP, and don't think he can be the QB that they think will lead this team to the ultimate goal, then they should get rid of him. I think Marv knows a thing or two about young QBs and if they have "it" or not. I'm not saying Nall does, or Holcomb does, or Losman does not, I'm just saying to trust Marv for once. I think he knows a bit more about this game than you do.
...and actually I don't think the salcap will have an influence here...this cu/trade will happen or not based on JP.