PDA

View Full Version : 2 year plan, With no JP

BigGabes23
03-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Shamless rip-off of Pat's post. Only 3 givens. Losman is gone before the draft, young and cutler are available at 8, and Holcome/Nall is NOT the longterm answer.

Current 2006 Buffalo Bills Starters

QB: Nall/Holcomb (take your pick- no clear starter)
Rb: McGahee
FB: Shelton
WR: Evans and Reed/Davis
TE: Royal
T: Peters and Gandy
G: Villarrial and Anderson
C: Fowler

DT: Tripplett and Tim Anderson
DE: SChobel and Kelsay
LB: Spikes, Fletch, Crowell
CB: Nate and McGee
S: Vincent and Bowen

Bold: Positions that desperately need to be upgraded. (3)
Italic: Positions that one could EASILY argue should be upgraded if this team is going to be competitive. (4)

WHAT DO YOU DO?

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
If Losman is gone before the draft?

1- Take Vince Young with my first pick.
2- Break the legs of the GM in the 6th or 7th spots to make sure they dont take Vince Young.

Marv trading JP shows me TRULY that he is putting HIS stamp on this team, he is BUILDING for the true good future of this franchise, and I am now on board with anything he does and I have 100% trust in him.
(if this trade ends up hapening, PURe speculation right now)

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 01:18 PM
How do you know Nall isn't the longterm answer? I bet marv and DJ thinks he is

bigbub2352
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
u cant pass on Vince Young if he is there regardless of what is going on cut kelly if u got to

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I highly doubt 33 passes in his career, none in 2005 make marv levy think that Craig Nall is the long term answer..

NOw while he could turn out to be.. Can you F'N IMAGINE what the Bills community in WNY will shower on this organization is they trade JP Losman and Craig Nall turns out to be what most four-year backups are, a bum?

BigGabes23
yes, if losman is gone BEFORRE the draft.
This is just theoretical Ice, but come on.... NALL?....he was a third string QB and was let go with the status of Farve in the air.

Patti120
Clearly the oline and dline should be the # 1 priority in terms of draft and trades, unless Marv is sold on Cutler or Young in the draft.

McBFLO
03-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I highly doubt 33 passes in his career, none in 2005 make marv levy think that Craig Nall is the long term answer..

NOw while he could turn out to be.. Can you F'N IMAGINE what the Bills community in WNY will shower on this organization is they trade JP Losman and Craig Nall turns out to be what most four-year backups are, a bum?
I believe that they look at Nall as being a nice, semi-productive QB (a la Delhomme) over the next 2 to 3 years while they develop a QB they draft in the mid rounds.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
u cant pass on Vince Young if he is there regardless of what is going on cut kelly if u got to

Oh yes you can! We take young and you might as well ship us to LA right now. He will be the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Nall COULD be a long-term answer.. But if you think your going to sell the average football fan on that; HE BETTER be.. Because if he's not, this franchise will sink lower than it EVER has...YOu BETTER have someone in here besides Kelly Holcomb if Nall turns out what most career backups turn out to be; a backup.

Vince YOung not only could be a guy who turns this franchise around in 2-3 years, he will sell tix and jerseys and put the bills on the map again the second Tagliabue says his name.

Dont be naive enough to think that doesnt matter at all.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I believe that they look at Nall as being a nice, semi-productive QB (a la Delhomme) over the next 2 to 3 years while they develop a QB they draft in the mid rounds.

Delhome semi productive? A probowl, Superbowl and NFC championship in 3 years time? I pray nall is 'semi productive' LOL!

McBFLO
03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Nall COULD be a long-term answer.. But if you think your going to sell the average football fan on that; HE BETTER be.. Because if he's not, this franchise will sink lower than it EVER has...YOu BETTER have someone in here besides Kelly Holcomb if Nall turns out what most career backups turn out to be; a backup.

Vince YOung not only could be a guy who turns this franchise around in 2-3 years, he will sell tix and jerseys and put the bills on the map again the second Tagliabue says his name.

Dont be naive enough to think that doesnt matter at all.
wow man, you're leading the Vince Young train, aren't ya?!

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Oh yes you can! We take young and you might as well ship us to LA right now. He will be the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf

Real smart.. And you know this conclusion based on what? IN way, shape or form does Vince YOung remind anybody of a Ryan Leaf? Did Ryan Leaf win a national championship? did Ryan Leaf go 30-40 vs USC in a national title game, did he run for 200 yards in his life, let alone a bowl game?

If thats the case
Then Brick is the next mike williams and Bush is the next Blair Thomas

McBFLO
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Delhome semi productive? A probowl, Superbowl and NFC championship in 3 years time? I pray nall is 'semi productive' LOL!
Yeah, I guess you're right. I did kinda undershoot Delhomme there didn't I? What I meant by the Delhomme example is that he is a guy who won't dazzle you with his physical abilities, but won't making huge mistakes at inoppurtune times. Who knows though, maybe Nall could be the QB of the future...

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
wow man, you're leading the Vince Young train, aren't ya?!

Vernon Davis was and still is my first choice, as long as JP Losman is on this team.

If Losman is gone, it symbolizes to me that Marv is truly starting over.. and then if thats the case I'm on board to take Young.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 01:32 PM

For every 1 Jake Delhomme's there are 70 Shane Matthew's. Dont be putrid enough to try and compare Craig Nall to Jake Delhomme..

I have Rob Johnson syndrome.. I remember the last time Buffalo fans got high on a QB who looked great in the LITTLE TIME he actually got onto the field..

And on top of that, GB doesnt even know if FAvre is coming back, and they STILL LET NALL WALK!!!!!!!!! Dont give me the GM hates him crap. If so, then WHY does he hate him?

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. I did kinda undershoot Delhomme there didn't I? What I meant by the Delhomme example is that he is a guy who won't dazzle you with his physical abilities, but won't making huge mistakes at inoppurtune times. Who knows though, maybe Nall could be the QB of the future...

Nall will do just fine.

McBFLO
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Gotcha. Young makes me a little nervous. He would seem to have more upside than just about any other QB in the draft, but he just seems to me that he could be an expensive bust.

bigbub2352
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I know what u r tying to say ice, but i really dont see him being a bust at the very worst an average QB like Mike Vick who is completely over hyped and over paid, now if u said that i would agree with you, But his combination of athletism and size alone is something never seen before at the QB postion and all I am saying is wouldn't it be nice to get a player with that kinda hype and potential, plus Ryan Leaf was a statue, Young mobility alone will ensure him alot better success in the NFL

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I know what u r tying to say ice, but i really dont see him being a bust at the very worst an average QB like Mike Vick who is completely over hyped and over paid, now if u said that i would agree with you, But his combination of athletism and size alone is something never seen before at the QB postion and all I am saying is wouldn't it be nice to get a player with that kinda hype and potential, plus Ryan Leaf was a statue, Young mobility alone will ensure him alot better success in the NFL

The guy will be a bust. He isn't going to be the fastest or most mobile QB. Doesn't have the strongest arm, and sure as hell isn't the smartest.

Hell if you want pure physical talent, take Reggie McNeil in about the 4th round.

Mr. Pink
03-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Pure physical talent and nothing else? Go with Marcus Vick in round 5-6.

Gunzlingr
03-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Losman gone a given? I will believe it when I see it.

ArcticWildMan
03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Considering how we haven't really addressed the OL in FA, picking Yound would make sense. Of any QB we have a chance at signing/drafting he is the one that could survive the mess we have for an O-line.

Don't discount the Modrak factor either. He knows what McNabb did for the Eagles and there are some eerie similarities to what has been happening in Buffalo compared to what the Eagles did when he was there.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Pure physical talent and nothing else? Go with Marcus Vick in round 5-6.

I'd rather go Reggie McNeil.

Mr. Pink
03-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Considering how we haven't really addressed the OL in FA, picking Yound would make sense. Of any QB we have a chance at signing/drafting he is the one that could survive the mess we have for an O-line.

Don't discount the Modrak factor either. He knows what McNabb did for the Eagles and there are some eerie similarities to what has been happening in Buffalo compared to what the Eagles did when he was there.

You know, I never really thought of it in terms of your second paragraph. Does this mean maybe the Bills are open to the possibility of taking Marcus Vick in round 5 in your opinion? Seeing physical ability wise Vick and McNabb aren't too much different, it's just the mental aspect. And Marv was able to satisfy and make the "bickering" bills happy and succeed on the field, so I wouldn't just discount Vick because of his maturity issues.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I really dont think the bills are going to draft a qb unless its a prime-time, put asses in the seat guy like Young or Cutler..

If not, its Nall or Holcomb..

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM
And for the people who think marketing has NOTHING to do with a small market team like buffalo.

I could see around 80,000 fans in WNY get a lot more excited about the Buffalo BIlls if the name Vince Young is read by Tagliabue on April 29 than they are right now...

If we were a contender right now and a left tackle or noseguard away from getting us to the playoffs, then I could see that..

But given the state of this franchise, Young will be an oustanding pick.