X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Why would Justice be a mistake at 8 ?

The guy can play ...He fills a big need ...Gandy would be a bench warmer....so why is this such a bad idea....Cutler is not ready to play ..his stock is falling ..Young won't be there at 8..... Qb's to keep your eyes on in the later rds.

Charlie Whitehurst-4-5

Barrick Nealy-late rds 7 or fa

Reggie Mcneal-4-6 great athlete..strong arm...could play wr ....worthy of a 5th rd pick based on his athletic ability

Tavaris Jackson-6-7 -fa guy very productive at 1 AA LEVEL

Bmax
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Why would Justice be a mistake at 8 ?

1- I do think YOung is going to be there at 8 as long as the Jets dont take him at 4, which I bet they take Super Mario.

2- I dont know if he's a mistake, but he's definitely a bigger risk than the average 8th overall pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I agree. There is no reason not to take Justice at #8 and apperantly marv and co are thinking so as well.

I remember other reaches. Levi Jones at 10 or 11 I think. he ended up being better than Williams or McKennie.

What about that 'reach' for Indy a couple years back Dwight Freeney?

Comment

• McBFLO
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        1- I do think YOung is going to be there at 8 as long as the Jets dont take him at 4, which I bet they take Super Mario.

2- I dont know if he's a mistake, but he's definitely a bigger risk than the average 8th overall pick.
        You don't think the Raiders may think of drafting Young?

On a sidenote I think if the 49ers entertain thoughts of trading down, #6 could be a place where a team like the Ravens may think of jumping up to. They could jump ahead of the Raiders and possibly the Bills (if JP is gone) to get their guy.
        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• McBFLO
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
          I agree. There is no reason not to take Justice at #8 and apperantly marv and co are thinking so as well.

I remember other reaches. Levi Jones at 10 or 11 I think. he ended up being better than Williams or McKennie.

Or the reach to take Evans at #13. I would definitely not mind of they took him at #8, if they feel he can be successful.
          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

I dont know about his attitude, but didnt we already take a chance on a college RT a few years ago?
            Like teddy bear Mike Williams, -Justice is a career RT who protected the blindside of a lefty qb in college.

Do you guys honestly believe he'll turn out to be a good LT? Because at #8, I dont want to draft a RT.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by pepperkorn
              You don't think the Raiders may think of drafting Young?

On a sidenote I think if the 49ers entertain thoughts of trading down, #6 could be a place where a team like the Ravens may think of jumping up to. They could jump ahead of the Raiders and possibly the Bills (if JP is gone) to get their guy.
              I think Al DAvis would take Cutler before Young. He loves dudes that flourish in the vertical passing game and Cutler has a gun.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129

Way to reach out.. and steal Patrick (with numbers) comments about Levi Jones from earlier today..

And your right about the COlts "reaching" for FReeney and working out, though a reach a 14 is a lot less than a reaching at 8 now isnt it?

If you want to be a "by the numbers" guy and cite a few examples of a "reach" that worked out.. I'd be more than happy to list a plethora of top ten "reaches" that didnt quite turn out so well.

While its refreshing to see your positive attitude, the reality remains, such as your nall to brunnel comparisions, that a much FAR GREATER % of time grasping for straws and diamonds in the rough do not work out.

If Losman is gone, the bills are either taking a QB at 8 or the BPA (davis, hawk or huff).. If they trade down, then I can definitely see Bunkley or Justice on this team; though I think Eric Winston is better than Justice anyway.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kenny
                  I dont know about his attitude, but didnt we already take a chance on a college RT a few years ago?
                  Like teddy bear Mike Williams, -Justice is a career RT who protected the blindside of a lefty qb in college.

Do you guys honestly believe he'll turn out to be a good LT? Because at #8, I dont want to draft a RT.
                  Everyone is projecting him to LT and most feel he can start the first game of the season and do well.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Why take justice at 8 when you can probally take him at 11-15

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

it's a money thing. A #8 pick will get paid more than a #11 pick. The prevailing logic is that you don't want to give a guy more than he's worth, and if you make a "reach" in the draft you're doing just that.

That being said, our line is in such shambles that if Marv and Dick think Justice could start immediately at LT and think he's past his character issues, I wouldn't mind paying him a little too much.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        it's a money thing. A #8 pick will get paid more than a #11 pick. The prevailing logic is that you don't want to give a guy more than he's worth, and if you make a "reach" in the draft you're doing just that.

That being said, our line is in such shambles that if Marv and Dick think Justice could start immediately at LT and think he's past his character issues, I wouldn't mind paying him a little too much.
                        You over pay on solid veterans not unknown rookies.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

Justice is a good guy who did some stupid college kid things, there is nothing wrong with his attitude and I would say he is the most athletic T in the draft the guy is in amazing shape and is an amazing athlete

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

LOL!!! Just a wee bit of SoCal bias there don't you think Playa?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

I know alot of the guys from SC, and you cant go wrong with great athletes that having a winning attitude and know how to win, rather than picking a guy from a loser program

Comment

Working...
                              X