PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston - OL out of Miami

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Just heard this kid interviewed on NFL Radio. He sounds like a hell of a tough kid. Sounds like he has a nasty streak too. He wants to be a Cowboy though.

Any chance he drops to 2nd round for us?? I'd love to have him in Buffalo.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Love Winston..

NOt a chance (he drops to second round)

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd be psyched if we traded down and got him in mid/late first round. I heard Miami is pretty interested, so he may not last past 16.

Much rather draft him than Winston Justice

Hounds
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Winston only wants to play for Dallas because he grew up 5 and 1/2 hours away in Midland Texas. Where he won 3 state titles playing with Cedric Benson. Eric would be a fantastic player to add to the Bills. He wrote an article in the Midland paper last week that metioned that all of the movement in free agency with teams filling their offensive line needs makes it hard to predict where he will end up.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd be psyched if we traded down and got him in mid/late first round. I heard Miami is pretty interested, so he may not last past 16.

Much rather draft him than Winston Justice

I would take either one. Both will be good to great LT's in this game barring injuries.

Bill Cody
03-29-2006, 06:17 PM
NFL Draft Countdown's latest mock has him coming to Buffalo in the 2nd and calls it "possibly the steal of the draft". I know we like the kid- Mouse McNally was following him around the combine like a puppy.

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
NFL Draft Countdown's latest mock has him coming to Buffalo in the 2nd and calls it "possibly the steal of the draft". I know we like the kid- Mouse McNally was following him around the combine like a puppy.

Cool I thought it was justice. Either one would be a welcome addition here.

The Quebecer
04-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Could the Bills surprise everyone and take Eric Winston @ 8, just like the Bengals did with Levi Jones in the 2002 draft (10th pick)?

Imho, if this is the guy they really like, I say go for it!

Best case scenario, would be to find a way to get Ngata + Eric Winston... hey, we
never know!

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Could the Bills surprise everyone and take Eric Winston @ 8, just like the Bengals did with Levi Jones in the 2002 draft (10th pick)?

Imho, if this is the guy they really like, I say go for it!

Best case scenario, would be to find a way to get Ngata + Eric Winston... hey, we
never know!

Find a sucker for Nate Clements and we get 1st round compensation. That's one way, however unlikely. The other is to get back into Rd. 1 like we did to get Losman, which I don't like. We need to gain extra picks rather than give ours away.

hydro
04-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Find a sucker for Nate Clements and we get 1st round compensation. That's one way, however unlikely. The other is to get back into Rd. 1 like we did to get Losman, which I don't like. We need to gain extra picks rather than give ours away.

So who is our starting CB? McGee? Who is going to accompany him?

Dozerdog
04-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I'd take him.

Former team mate of McGahee, Parrish, Everett can't hurt things either.

ParanoidAndroid
04-09-2006, 03:02 PM
So who is our starting CB? McGee? Who is going to accompany him?

That would have to be addressed torough the draft or maybe grab someone after June 1st cuts. Perhaps we have to gut it out for a year with King, Thomas or Greer. We are rebuilding anyway. I was merely tossing the different possible scenarios of getting 2 1st rd picks out there.

Dozerdog
04-09-2006, 03:06 PM
You have to keep Clements - at least for a year or two.

We can't replace everyone in one season. And who would grab him for s #1 anyway?

The past 2 seasons have seen huge CB deals in free agency- and a pretty good depth in the draft too. I can't see a lot of teams left out there who can invest that much into a guy like him.

ParanoidAndroid
04-09-2006, 03:38 PM
precisely why I commented that it is unlikely.