PDA

View Full Version : Don't these contradict eachother?

Michael82
03-29-2006, 03:00 PM
They were just talking on WGR that the reason why they would give up on JP Losman is because they feel that he needs the time to develop and he is not ready yet. They said that Marv wants to WIN NOW and all that. And he feels this team can win now. Okay, that's all nice and dandy, but if they want to WIN NOW instead of build this team for a future run...why on Earth would they have signed the cheap, backup guys that they signed in FA? Shouldn't they have filled our holes in Free agency with the money they had? They could have signed guys that are starters and would have made an immediate impact. They also could have gone after one of the other FA quarterbacks that were out there. But they chose not to and many people here said that we are rebuilding and trying to develop this team for the run. What the **** is it? Are we trying to build a team for the future or are we trying to WIN now? :scratch:

Also, if they trade JP Losman...that basically annoints Craig Nall as the starter because they seem to be drooling over him. If they just hand him the job...why the hell did Marv keep preaching about competition? :ill:

Ebenezer
03-29-2006, 03:02 PM
they talk to make you listen and call so they can sell advertising...notice every show has two hosts and they disagree on everything??? even clump and I agree on some things ya know.

just know this....the Bills are not ready to compete this year.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 03:06 PM
They were just talking on WGR that the reason why they would give up on JP Losman is because they feel that he needs the time to develop and he is not ready yet. They said that Marv wants to WIN NOW and all that. And he feels this team can win now. Okay, that's all nice and dandy, but if they want to WIN NOW instead of build this team for a future run...why on Earth would they have signed the cheap, backup guys that they signed in FA? Shouldn't they have filled our holes in Free agency with the money they had? They could have signed guys that are starters and would have made an immediate impact. They also could have gone after one of the other FA quarterbacks that were out there. But they chose not to and many people here said that we are rebuilding and trying to develop this team for the run. What the **** is it? Are we trying to build a team for the future or are we trying to WIN now? :scratch:

Also, if they trade JP Losman...that basically annoints Craig Nall as the starter because they seem to be drooling over him. If they just hand him the job...why the hell did Marv keep preaching about competition? :ill:

Thank you..
Me and OP might be "whiners" to many.. But if we are trying to WIN NOW. we dont look so stupid..

This BETTER be a rebuilding offseason in the front office heads, because if this is their version of a WIN NOW team, this is the biggest joke i've ever seen in my life.

Michael82
03-29-2006, 03:06 PM
they talk to make you listen and call so they can sell advertising...notice every show has two hosts and they disagree on everything??? even clump and I agree on some things ya know.

just know this....the Bills are not ready to compete this year.
no they aren't ready to compete. I totally agree and that's why we need to give Losman the chance to develop without the backstabbers on th team and with a better OL.

OpIv37
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Thank you..
Me and OP might be "whiners" to many.. But if we are trying to WIN NOW. we dont look so stupid..

This BETTER be a rebuilding offseason in the front office heads, because if this is their version of a WIN NOW team, this is the biggest joke i've ever seen in my life.

Agreed- nothing this team has done this off-season will help us win now. I don't know why they even said that on WGR.

John Doe
03-29-2006, 03:30 PM
The article said that Losman may be traded before the start of the season, not before the start of training camp. If he wins the job in training camp, then of course he stays.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Im far from sold that JP's getting traded before the draft.. It makes no SENSE. What the F we gonna get for him, a 7th rounder? 6th at best like skins got for Ramsey?

IF this is true about JP, even if Marv takes Vince young he still has more trade value in the summer.. QB's go down in camp, it happens every year.. He's worth more later than he is now.

Almost every team resolved their QB situation for now, or will draft one on April 29.. Dumb if you ask me to trade him now.

Iehoshua
03-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Im far from sold that JP's getting traded before the draft.. It makes no SENSE. What the F we gonna get for him, a 7th rounder? 6th at best like skins got for Ramsey?

IF this is true about JP, even if Marv takes Vince young he still has more trade value in the summer.. QB's go down in camp, it happens every year.. He's worth more later than he is now.

Almost every team resolved their QB situation for now, or will draft one on April 29.. Dumb if you ask me to trade him now.
Player values in the NFL remind me of automobile values... If you buy a car for $20,000 then two years later want to trade it in, and they offer you $4000.
:ill:

G. Host
03-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Player values in the NFL remind me of automobile values... If you buy a car for $20,000 then two years later want to trade it in, and they offer you $4000.
:ill:

Yeah but if you have the right one you get the press to label it a "collector" and make a fortune off someone elses problems. It would be a lot easier for some cars to retain value if they were not so overhyped by their collectors.

Meathead
03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
right miikey, forget about talk show mumbo jumbo. if youre gonna hyperventilate over what you hear you might as well try listening only to marv himself. even thenyou have to be careful because hes got to spin stuff to give himself and the team leverage in negotiations, strategy, etc. later on so even that isnt reliable

the easiest thing to do is just have faith that he has a plan. hes been around a long time and knows a lot of junk, me thinks he figures out this rocket science to put together a pretty good team with a chance to contend

trust in The Marv. The Marv will guide you. The Marv will protect you. The Marv loves you. Ok he doesnt love you but he has all the other stuff