• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Moulds/$5.5 Million/Future

$5.5 million..

Thats the cap money we save (I believe, give or take a little bit) once Eric Moulds is gone..

Most are ready to dance in the streets that the evil Eric is gone. Fine, its your option.

Here's my question. Are the Bills going to do anything with that $5.5 million to make this football team better? As a Bills fan, that's the only thing I care about.. That this football team gets better. IF not, its just penny pinchin to me.

I'm open for any and all thoughts on this. $5.5 million is a LOT in cap money to gain.. What do you think the Bills do with this?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Moulds/$5.5 Million/Future

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    $5.5 million..

Thats the cap money we save (I believe, give or take a little bit) once Eric Moulds is gone..

Most are ready to dance in the streets that the evil Eric is gone. Fine, its your option.

Here's my question. Are the Bills going to do anything with that $5.5 million to make this football team better? As a Bills fan, that's the only thing I care about.. That this football team gets better. IF not, its just penny pinchin to me.

I'm open for any and all thoughts on this. $5.5 million is a LOT in cap money to gain.. What do you think the Bills do with this?
    I'm afraid that we are just going to have to wait for June 1st and hope that some team has trouble staying under the cap and is forced to cut someone that we could really use - mainly at DT or OG.

I took a look at RFA's thinking that we might be able to go into the draft without such a heavy "need" and allow us to choose BPA instead, but the best DT available right now is Sam Adams for UFA and Langston Moore is the highest rated RFA - Arizona isn't exactly known for a tough Dline...

Looks like the cap space doesn't help us much...I recommend we shore up good players like J. Peters and then spend some next year. But...sadly, it looks like we will have to rely on the draft to plug our DT hole and to a lesser degree, the Oline.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

McGahee needs a new contract. So does Clements.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

They'll pick up a needed lineman in place of JP, then keep Eric and give him the money he deserves.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Lock up both Peters and Nate. That would be a good start.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
            They'll pick up a needed lineman in place of JP, then keep Eric and give him the money he deserves.
            We tried to get him to take a paycut down to what he deserves. he said no. He is at best a #2 WR and a possession #2 to boot. Everyone that is looking at him agrees.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Do you know what means?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                McGahee needs a new contract. So does Clements.
                McGahee does not need a new contract.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I wonder if Marv is going to use the money to restructure some contracts on the team with incentive laden deals that are unattainable. They will count on this years cap but when the players do not reach it then it comes off the cap and then gets added onto next years cap. The Bills will that much more next year to spend.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

$5.5 million..

Don't think anyone will be dancing in the street. I think it is the right move for a couple reasons:
                    1) Moulds was a lockeroom problem last year and even refused to go into a game(Yes I know that regime is gone but once you do that you know it can happen again)

2) Moulds seems to want out (why keep a player who is unhappy)

3) We save over 5 mil.(yes we need to use the money)

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Replacing Moulds with Andre Davis or Josh Reed. Im PUMPED!!!

I know I won't be picking Lee Evans on my fantasy team next year.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

While you are right in assuming Moulds will be hard to replace Davis and Reed are not replacing Moulds. Evans is. And Evans is replaced with Reed/Davis/Parrish. Not to mention there are still june cuts and the draft....

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Wouldn't it be funny if the Bills picked a QB in round 1 and a WR in round 2? lol

Good point Evans is replacing Moulds.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

1- Our other receivers blow and Evans is going to see many many double teams.

2- It had to be done (Moulds)

3- PLEASE God, don't be shortsighted and draft Vernon Davis, He will make a lot of people on offense better.. Oh, and he'll catch 75-80 passes to.

4- I hope they take this money and tie up Jason Peters NOW before he has a good year and a team like Washington throws $4-5 million per year at him, which of course we won't wont' match.

5- I'd also like to see us extend London Fletcher for 2-3 years now.

Since most of us agree we're going to suck something fierce this year, I'd like us to take some of our money and take care of as much internal business as possible so next year we can deal with other issues; such as signing guys who can play.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

1- Our other receivers blow and Evans is going to see many many double teams.

2- It had to be done (Moulds)

3- PLEASE God, don't be shortsighted and draft Vernon Davis, He will make a lot of people on offense better.. Oh, and he'll catch 75-80 passes to.

4- I hope they take this money and tie up Jason Peters NOW before he has a good year and a team like Washington throws $4-5 million per year at him, which of course we won't wont' match.

5- I'd also like to see us extend London Fletcher for 2-3 years now.

Since most of us agree we're going to suck something fierce this year, I'd like us to take some of our money and take care of as much internal business as possible so next year we can deal with other issues; such as signing guys who can play.
                              I am fine with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X