PDA

View Full Version : No Fun League 1, Showboats & Showoffs 0

G. Host
03-29-2006, 06:48 PM
In a vote of 29-3, the owners gave officials power to penalize a team 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff for excessive celebrations anywhere on the field. Spikes, dunks, Lambeau Leaps, spins, dances and simple celebrations will be allowed. But penalties will be given for any celebration other than that.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what Chad [Johnson] will come to celebrate with now," Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy told the AP after the vote.

Johnson told a Cincinnati reporter Tuesday that he will have his own competition committee meeting with Keyshawn Johnson and Owens to come up with creative ways to celebrate touchdowns. One area that remains in play is the sidelines. Mike Pereira, the league's supervisor of officials, said if sidelines become the next area of excessive celebration, the competition committee would address it next winter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2389062

I wonder what bizarre stuff they will come up with? Trying to get linemen to do Rockettee dancing on sidelines and claim it is part of the "team" celebration? Suprised TO, Keyshawn and the like haven't tried to take them to court for the 'blantantly' racists disrespect of their '1st' admendment rights! :rofl:

LtFinFan66
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
They really need to act like they have been there before! That's why I love college ball when they flip the ball to the ref and they are done!

Michael82
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
:ill:

ICE74129
03-29-2006, 07:35 PM
The Players are the ones that approached the NFLPA to approach the owners to get this passed.

HAMMER
03-29-2006, 07:42 PM
The Players are the ones that approached the NFLPA to approach the owners to get this passed.

Interesting. I agree with LT, act like you've been there. They look like jerks with their stupid skits and dances. It will make the game more enjoyable for me, to each his own though.

AndreReed83
03-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Jim Rome (though I frequently disagree with him) said it best. The league has terrible officiating problems, doesn't have any clue what a fumble is, and has drug/steroid abuse, yet they are focusing on endzone celebrations? Get real, how about we actually fix the game, eh?

Drive 4 Five
03-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Good. I think players are really starting to get carried away with this crap. Like all they care about is making it onto Sports Center or the Big Man Dance Challenge. You begin worrying too much about what you're going to do when you get in the end zone, and then end up making a huge mistake which could cost your team dearly. Whose laughing then? Jack ass.