PDA

View Full Version : If the JP crap is true......

X-Era
03-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Thats probably the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I have been a Bills fan for as long as I can remember. But this team has struggled for far too long.

I have watched this squad suffer through QB after QB with jack squat to show for it.

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Alex VanPelt
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb

They have managed to do everything under the sun to screw up every chance they have had. They FINALLY spend a 1st rounder on a QB who looks to have loads of talent, but needs to play and prove it. And after a crappy year where he got pulled, played, pulled and never knew whether he was coming or going, they are possibly shopping him the very next year.

That after Marv himself talked about how bad Aikman, and Manning were in their first year.

I have watched mediocrity for as long as I can stand it.

Now, they have an entirely new regime, a blast from the past in Marv, and have doen jack sh_t so far. They had plenty of cash, signed no one and cut several players who at least some of the time showed up and played. Whether I agree or not, Moulds is one of our best players. Hes about to leave for a 4th rounder that easily could end up being camp fodder.

And on top of it, our young QB with lots of unproven talent is about to get let go too.

Well, Im sorry, but im about done. If they do in fact part ways with Losman, and then bring no 1st round QB in, we would be banking on Craig Nall and the perpetual backup Holcomb to take us anywhere.

Sorry, thats a bit too Mathews/Miller/Grossman/Orton for my blood.

That just may be the final straw. Im not sure I can stomach another 3 or 4 years of crap before we wake up and realize we need a franchise QB.

Thats probably gonna be it. The team is just too far away from my way of thinking.

See, I remember when we had hall of famers at QB, RB, WR, and DE. I just cant stomach a team of no names who will show over and over, year after year why no one knows them.

I hope Im wrong, but if Losmans gone and we dont draft a new QB at 8, Im probably done.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 06:54 PM
March of 2007 isnt going to be any easier... If you think we said goodbye to some key players this year.. wait til next year.

I wont say nothing more because I'll be hating on the Bills.

I agree with you and this **** is getting deep enough that I guarentee you they feel it at the box office.

G. Host
03-29-2006, 06:54 PM
:wave: :clap:

BAM
03-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Go Steelers!

acehole
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I am thinking the same thing....how many qb's we have to go through before we get an o-line.

P manning got 2 great guards in the expansion draft...then they drafted one and 2 round tackles...then harrison and james came later...then they said here you go man good luck with your QB career.

What do we give our guys......Glenn parker... Jamie nails.....M Puchello?

I hope we spend 8 draft picks on OLINE this year...have the best 5 guys start....the 3 or 4 best stay on for depth...and we cut the rest.

Put nall in for a year until they gel...

Then JP in 2007.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Does ANYONE besides me have a problem with the fact that is MARCH of 2006 and we are ALREADY ALL talking about the bills being better.. in 2007??

We're we $20 million OVER the cap this year or something? What the hell am I missing?

G. Host
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Nope because we ALL aren't.

patmoran2006
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
WE're going to be better in 2006? Sweet man, I'm all for that..

Give me a reason to cheer?

How so though?

Philagape
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
If Losman leaves and we draft a QB, then we should start talking about 2008, because 2007 will equal 2005. After Nall or Holcomb in 2006, the rookie will likely start playing full-time in 2007, and he'll likely play about as well as JP did last year, considering the fact that's how almost all QBs played their first year starting.

Iehoshua
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Not another fan "I quit" thread...
:rolleyes:

Sports teams go through ups and downs, some big dips, some small ones, and some big ups. Buffalo had some pretty big ups...

Go hop on the bandwagon of the next Superbowl champ if that makes you feel better, but it won't... It will be trendy, ingenuine, and pathetic. You will no longer have a soul.

Have a nice day!
:bigwave:

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 09:28 PM

Sports teams go through ups and downs, some big dips, some small ones, and some big ups. Buffalo had some pretty big ups...

Go hop on the bandwagon of the next Superbowl champ if that makes you feel better, but it won't... It will be trendy, ingenuine, and pathetic. You will no longer have a soul.

Have a nice day!

Don't you think this is a little unfair? We could be looking at another 2 years of rebuilding with yet another QB. Considering I just found out my good friend has terminal cancer I don't think it's asking too much for the Bills to get their act together and put a decent product on the field.

The "Bills Hater" argument get's really old after a while.

Iehoshua
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Don't you think this is a little unfair? We could be looking at another 2 years of rebuilding with yet another QB. Considering I just found out my good friend has terminal cancer I don't think it's asking too much for the Bills to get their act together and put a decnt product on the field.

The "Bills Hater" argument get's really old after a while.

Sorry for your friend but that has nothing to do with anything.

Just because you personally don't agree with the approach does not mean the franchise is not doing what they think is necessary to put a decent product on the field.

Are you an ex-fan of the Bengals who quit them when they were down? How long were they down? 20+ years?

ZacGriffi~82
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
And no one cares..

PromoTheRobot
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
One thing for sure...you'll need a new name,

PTR

I have been a Bills fan for as long as I can remember. But this team has struggled for far too long.

I have watched this squad suffer through QB after QB with jack squat to show for it.

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Alex VanPelt
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb

They have managed to do everything under the sun to screw up every chance they have had. They FINALLY spend a 1st rounder on a QB who looks to have loads of talent, but needs to play and prove it. And after a crappy year where he got pulled, played, pulled and never knew whether he was coming or going, they are possibly shopping him the very next year.

That after Marv himself talked about how bad Aikman, and Manning were in their first year.

Now, they have an entirely new regime, a blast from the past in Marv, and have doen jack sh_t so far. They had plenty of cash, signed no one and cut several players who at least some of the time showed up and played. Whether I agree or not, Moulds is one of our best players. Hes about to leave for a 4th rounder that easily could end up being camp fodder.

And on top of it, our young QB with lots of unproven talent is about to get let go too.

Well, Im sorry, but im about done. If they do in fact part ways with Losman, and then bring no 1st round QB in, we would be banking on Craig Nall and the perpetual backup Holcomb to take us anywhere.

That just may be the final straw. Im not sure I can stomach another 3 or 4 years of crap before we wake up and realize we need a franchise QB.

Thats probably gonna be it. The team is just too far away from my way of thinking.

See, I remember when we had hall of famers at QB, RB, WR, and DE. I just cant stomach a team of no names who will show over and over, year after year why no one knows them.

I hope Im wrong, but if Losmans gone and we dont draft a new QB at 8, Im probably done.

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry for your friend but that has nothing to do with anything.

Just because you personally don't agree with the approach does not mean the franchise is not doing what they think is necessary to put a decent product on the field.

Are you an ex-fan of the Bengals who quit them when they were down? How long were they down? 20+ years?

I'd like to leave this earth with a SuperBowl title in Buffalo. Some of us are not going to get the chance which has everything to do with this. It gets old after a while. The approach, if true, puts yet another QB behind center. Why not stick with JP and get a damn line to protect him first. Peyton Manning couldn't have thrown balls on this team last year!! The QB is irrelevant until we get a line!!

Iehoshua
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I'd like to leave this earth with a SuperBowl title in Buffalo. Some of us are not going to get the chance which has everything to do with this. It gets old after a while. The approach, if true, puts yet another QB behind center. Why not stick with JP and get a damn line to protect him first. Peyton Manning couldn't have thrown balls on this team last year!! The QB is irrelevant until we get a line!!
I agree with you!!! However you and I have no control over this! If this doesn't happen, quitting being a Bills fan and hopping on some other team's bandwagon isn't gonna feel the same even if that other team wins it all...

THATHURMANATOR
03-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Alex VanPelt
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb

See ya!

tat2dmike77
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM

Todd Collins
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Alex VanPelt
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb

Thats your feelings then cool go hop the bandwagon somewhere else. In other words don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

SquishDaFish
03-30-2006, 06:39 AM
JP isnt going anywhere unless we get a boatload for him. So dont get your panties in a bunch.

justasportsfan
03-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Haha1. It's not like we're getting rid of a proven probowler. He's not someone who's been a great player for the bills. You guys are crying over an 8 game player.Sheez, Moulds was a way better player for the bills. I'd cry more tears for guys like Schobel or Moorman. But JP? Proves you're more of a JP fan than a real bills fan.

Historian
03-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Don't you think this is a little unfair? We could be looking at another 2 years of rebuilding with yet another QB.

So what?

We're finally going in the right direction....Enjoy the ride.

Read my article about 1987 for some perspective.

Even Levy and Polian didn't think they would be in the AFC Championship game so soon. Levy knows what he's doing. I think you may be surprised how quickly they rebound.

X-Era
03-30-2006, 06:54 AM

Have a nice day!

Whats YOUR limit? Surely you have one. Well I guess not everyone has one. Afterall, there are teams that never do anything, but still have fans.

I feel like we just went through about a decade of crap. I feel like we finally put the pieces in place to be serious on O with Evans/McGahee/Losman. Now, Losman stunk last year. Many will say thats it pull the plug. I just have seen to many 1st round QB's play god awful in year one to sh_t can him after that short a stint.

But, this isnt about Losman, fug him. This is about having the next franchise QB that we havent had since Kelly. And we havent done jack sh_t since Kelly, coincidence? I think not. I dont only care about the QB. I care about the whole team. But at least we finally had OUR 1st round QB to hope for. Maybe the next Roth, Manning, or Elway. Instead, we are supposedly looking to trade him away and replace him with a NFL Europe stud and a career backup. GOOD CALL!!!

Its just too headed in the wrong direction for me. We finally drafted guys at the skill positions to get excited about. Now we are trading them away and letting our other best players go too. WTF!!!

Its like I said, I may always be a Bills fan, but I just may find another team to root for if we trade Losman and then dont draft a new rookie potential franchise QB. I just cant watch another decade of crap until our craniums get removed from our anuses. I can be a fan of the Bills for life, but pay very little attention to them until they wake up too.

I watch too many exciting players doing too many tremendous things and see too many teams in contention every year to stomach our crap forever. I can remember what it felt like to be in contention for a SB appearance. It was the greatest thing on earth. Personally, I want that again for us.

But our wallowing in mediocrity has to stop, this year could have been pivotal, and so far its a big flop. Any team that would purge itself of its best players only to sign other teams backups as replacements and/or leave gapping holes in your lines, and then convince yourself that a career backup or a NFL Europe standout is all you need at QB, is seriously NOT paying attention to what works and what doesnt in the NFL.

X-Era
03-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Haha1. It's not like we're getting rid of a proven probowler. He's not someone who's been a great player for the bills. You guys are crying over an 8 game player.Sheez, Moulds was a way better player for the bills. I'd cry more tears for guys like Schobel or Moorman. But JP? Proves you're more of a JP fan than a real bills fan.
What im a fan of, is getting the next Jim Kelly to lead this team to the SB. JP? I dont give a flying fug if its him or not. But, it better be SOMEONE. Young? Cutler? OK, fine.

Nall? Holcomb? you hop on those bandwagons, lets see how long it takes you to realize they have no wheels. Im thinking your delirious enough to feel like your moving even though your wagon is up on blocks.

justasportsfan
03-30-2006, 07:07 AM
What im a fan of, is getting the next Jim Kelly to lead this team to the SB. JP? I dont give a flying fug if its him or not. But, it better be SOMEONE. Young? Cutler? OK, fine.

Nall? Holcomb? you hop on those bandwagons, lets see how long it takes you to realize they have no wheels. Im thinking your delirious enough to feel like your moving even though your wagon is stuck in the dirt.
of all the players that broke the camels back you chose JP? You sure it was a camel or a chicken?

JP is not a KElly and you already want to quit? Go ahead. I like JP and don't want to see him go. But he's NOT a proven bill. We don't want bills fans who cry over a eight game player. Go follow him wherever he moves to,

X-Era
03-30-2006, 07:13 AM
of all the players that broke the camels back you chose JP? You sure it was a camel or a chicken?

JP is not a KElly and you already want to quit? Go ahead. I like JP and don't want to see him go. But he's NOT a proven bill. We don't want bills fans who cry over a eight game player. Go follow him wherever he moves to,

Your wasting your time. Its not about JP. Ill do the easy math for you.

Kelly- Hall of famer- 1st round pick
JP- 1st round pick

Out of my list who else was? NO ONE. Dont give me the traded pick crap, I dont care. Im talking about US DRAFTING our OWN 1st round QB prospect.

The point was easy, we invested alot in Kelly and it paid off, we invested alot in JP, we havent seen enough to know yet.

If we draft another 1st round QB after trading Losman, im still happy. I want us to FINALLY have our franchise QB! Thats the equation, simple.

Now, if you want to get our franchise QB out of obscurity, go for it. If you want soem late round "gem" go for it. The odds are stacked against you.

I simply want to draft a QB high, based on a firm belief that he is our franchise QB, groom him, and then reap the rewards.

JP was the 1st time since Kelly that we did that, try again? fine. Trade him and go on to sign no names or trade for has beens, nope not good enough.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Whats YOUR limit? Surely you have one. Well I guess not everyone has one. Afterall, there are teams that never do anything, but still have fans.

I feel like we just went through about a decade of crap. I feel like we finally put the pieces in place to be serious on O with Evans/McGahee/Losman. Now, Losman stunk last year. Many will say thats it pull the plug. I just have seen to many 1st round QB's play god awful in year one to sh_t can him after that short a stint.

But, this isnt about Losman, fug him. This is about having the next franchise QB that we havent had since Kelly. And we havent done jack sh_t since Kelly, coincidence? I think not. I dont only care about the QB. I care about the whole team. But at least we finally had OUR 1st round QB to hope for. Maybe the next Roth, Manning, or Elway. Instead, we are supposedly looking to trade him away and replace him with a NFL Europe stud and a career backup. GOOD CALL!!!

Its just too headed in the wrong direction for me. We finally drafted guys at the skill positions to get excited about. Now we are trading them away and letting our other best players go too. WTF!!!

Its like I said, I may always be a Bills fan, but I just may find another team to root for if we trade Losman and then dont draft a new rookie potential franchise QB. I just cant watch another decade of crap until our craniums get removed from our anuses. I can be a fan of the Bills for life, but pay very little attention to them until they wake up too.

I watch too many exciting players doing too many tremendous things and see too many teams in contention every year to stomach our crap forever. I can remember what it felt like to be in contention for a SB appearance. It was the greatest thing on earth. Personally, I want that again for us.

But our wallowing in mediocrity has to stop, this year could have been pivotal, and so far its a big flop. Any team that would purge itself of its best players only to sign other teams backups as replacements and/or leave gapping holes in your lines, and then convince yourself that a career backup or a NFL Europe standout is all you need at QB, is seriously NOT paying attention to what works and what doesnt in the NFL.
Good thing you weren't around for the Bills in the early 80s....

BillsNick
03-30-2006, 08:03 AM
It's times like these that weed out the crappy fans, so.....bye. :bigwave:

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2006, 08:06 AM
I would NEVER desert the Bills, and furthermore as long as I live in Buffalo I will own season tickets!

Samphin1
03-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Jay Fiedler
Ray Lucas
Brian Griese
Sage Rosenfels
Gus Frerotte
AJ Feeley

Miami has had it fair share of awful starting QB's after our HOFer retired too. You can't turn on your team though. Finally, after all these years, Miami seems to have a starting QB for the forseeable future. Buffalo will get there, they just need to find one to fit their system.

TacklingDummy
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM

JP- 1st round pick

Just because JP was a 1st round pick doesn't mean he will develop into a HOF QB. There's been many QBs picked in the 1st round that went on to become busts, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, David Klingler, Joey Harrington, Andre Ware, Heath Shuler, etc....

justasportsfan
03-30-2006, 09:22 AM

JP- 1st round pick

Out of my list who else was? NO ONE. Dont give me the traded pick crap, I dont care. Im talking about US DRAFTING our OWN 1st round QB prospect.

The point was easy, we invested alot in Kelly and it paid off, we invested alot in JP, we havent seen enough to know yet.

If we draft another 1st round QB after trading Losman, im still happy. I want us to FINALLY have our franchise QB! Thats the equation, simple.

Now, if you want to get our franchise QB out of obscurity, go for it. If you want soem late round "gem" go for it. The odds are stacked against you.

I simply want to draft a QB high, based on a firm belief that he is our franchise QB, groom him, and then reap the rewards.

JP was the 1st time since Kelly that we did that, try again? fine. Trade him and go on to sign no names or trade for has beens, nope not good enough.So why is JP the basis of you loyalty? He isn't as proven as Nall or if we draft a qb.

I don't care where Jp was drafted. Would you rather stick to a high drafted qb who won't fit in this system just because of where he was drafted?Leaf , Brady and Hasselback make your logic look like crap.