PDA

View Full Version : did anyone hear me on "the afternoon blitz"?

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
jeremy from virginia around 6pm est.

i asked randy cross and the other guy who they though buffalo would take.. i said i was sick of the rumors about losman, and asked if there was any way we take a qb.. they said no way we take a qb or get rid of losman..

i asked if ngata "fit" the bills scheme.. and if so, why did we cut sam adams.. randy cross actually interupted me, and said that there was a lot of behinds the scenes stuff w/ sam and the team.. he had to go.. they also said that ngata is good enough to penetrate and pursue, and he is definately a fit for the spot next to triplett.

davis is also a possibility.. and they said hawk and huff are too, but hawk will be gone...

they also said this draft was deep enough that the oline can be addressed in the 2nd round on. brick is the only blue chip guy that is worth the high pick.

just thought i would share.

Iehoshua
03-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Didn't hear it but that's cool!
:up:

DraftBoy
03-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Nice! Good job T!

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
they started talking and i couldnt ask about what they thought about moulds situation and the rest of our wrs.. ie, evans being a number one.. ect..

i will call back tomorrow.. i have to drive out to see a house fire and it is like 2 hours away, so i will have time to kill.

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
I listen to Randy Cross all the time on Sirrius and he absolutely thinks Losman sucks. Randy Cross is as much in the know about the Bills as George Bush.

He knows no more about Sam Adams situation than you or I.

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I listen to Randy Cross all the time on Sirrius and he absolutely thinks Losman sucks. Randy Cross is as much in the know about the Bills as George Bush.

He knows no more about Sam Adams situation than you or I.

your right.. a former player who rubs shoulders and interviews players and team officials all day probably doesnt know anything more than you or me..

but john doe and his friend posting articles on yahoo like pat does, they really know what the REAL deal is...

come on bro.. you know better.

Iehoshua
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
your right.. a former player who rubs shoulders and interviews players and team officials all day probably doesnt know anything more than you or me..

but john doe and his friend posting articles on yahoo like pat does, they really know what the REAL deal is...

come on bro.. you know better. Be nice, T, or he's gonna quit being a fan!
:nono:

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 09:34 PM

Do you listen to the show regularly? He is clueless on what is going on in Buffalo. That's a fact. He went out on a limb saying Ngata could penetrate the gap. Give me a break.

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
i dont think hurricane is a bad fan.. i think he wants the same as most sane bills fans do.. just to see a guy we spent a 1st, 2nd, and 5th on to get more than 8 games to show if he is decent or not.

i think hhuricane is just starting to get brainwashed by all the garbage being posted.

if people say it enough, some people start to think it is true..

a perfect example is hhuricane saying that "pat kirwan reported losman would be traded weeks ago".. this is how message board rumors turn into "truths"... one person said that, and it got carried on.. but in reality.. kirwan said nothing like that at all.. he simply speculated after nall was signed that MAYBE marv liked nall and that maybe the bills plan on trading losman because maybe the bills new staff didnt like him.. it was all based on his speculation.. and was in no way any kind of fact. but people just see "pat kirwan reports jp to be traded!" and blindly believe..

yet these same fans dont have enough faith to believe in a team they have cheered for since childhood could actually improve without signing big names guys, even if they are 10 year used up olineman that get hurt all the time.

jmb1099
03-29-2006, 09:36 PM

i asked randy cross and the other guy who they though buffalo would take.. i said i was sick of the rumors about losman, and asked if there was any way we take a qb.. they said no way we take a qb or get rid of losman..

i asked if ngata "fit" the bills scheme.. and if so, why did we cut sam adams.. randy cross actually interupted me, and said that there was a lot of behinds the scenes stuff w/ sam and the team.. he had to go.. they also said that ngata is good enough to penetrate and pursue, and he is definately a fit for the spot next to triplett.

davis is also a possibility.. and they said hawk and huff are too, but hawk will be gone...

they also said this draft was deep enough that the oline can be addressed in the 2nd round on. brick is the only blue chip guy that is worth the high pick.

Nice job. And yes, barring any stupidity, this is the way things should go down in the draft. In one of Marv's early interviews he mentioned Ngata by name as a potential fit. Sam Adams was exciting to watch while he was here and I still wonder if it was wise to let him go, however, there are usually things going down behind the scenes in cases like this. There is no way we go qb, there is no need. Contrary to what a few on this board are saying, Losman did show bright spots. It is a shame that he had to endure the fiasco that was TD and MM, hopefully he has learned from this and will rise above it.
Again, nice job man.

jmb1099
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM

Nice job. And yes, barring any stupidity, this is the way things should go down in the draft. In one of Marv's early interviews he mentioned Ngata by name as a potential fit. Sam Adams was exciting to watch while he was here and I still wonder if it was wise to let him go, however, there are usually things going down behind the scenes in cases like this. There is no way we go qb, there is no need. Contrary to what a few on this board are saying, Losman did show bright spots. It is a shame that he had to endure the fiasco that was TD and MM, hopefully he has learned from this and will rise above it.
Again, nice job man.

jmb1099
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Do you listen to the show regularly? He is clueless on what is going on in Buffalo. That's a fact. He went out on a limb saying Ngata could penetrate the gap. Give me a break.

if you think anyone on this board knows more about the bills, then your just kidding yourself..

i listen to the show all the time.. he is not nearly as clueless as you seem to think.. that is a FACT.

he and adam shine have more knowledge about the entire nfl than you do about the bills alone.

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
thanks jmb

HHURRICANE
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
if you think anyone on this board knows more about the bills, then your just kidding yourself..

i listen to the show all the time.. he is not nearly as clueless as you seem to think.. that is a FACT.

he and adam shine have more knowledge about the entire nfl than you do about the bills alone.

I like Adam Shine. I'm just telling you that when he talks about the Bills he sounds like he read about us on the Miami Dolphins website. There are 32 teams out there and we are 31 on his list.

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 10:17 PM
bro.. when you do it for a living, i promise they both know a ton.. i mean, how could you not.. the two of them interview players from every team all season and all offseason.. they get the breaking news from every news outlet handed to them as soon as it comes out.. cross played in this league for a long time and knows what kind of players it takes..

i think your underestimating what he knows..

camelcowboy
03-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey T. that was you, i turned on my radio when you came on, Good job

feelthepain
03-29-2006, 10:20 PM

You guys have at least 8 picks if not more and you could also trade Moulds before all is said and done. In this draft thats a lot of talent headed to Buffalo. I think Marv will show his prowess during the draft and make the Bills much better "talent wise" then last year. First time since TD's hire the Bills are looking good going into the draft. Marv will make your team much better.
It would also explain why the Bills weren't as active in FA. Another aspect of that could be Marv & Dick want to add the youth through the draft this year to get the right players to best suit Jurons system and make a run at FA next year. If the Bills are rebuilding, this would be one way they could go.

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 10:29 PM
god.. i hate to see FTP post so much more intelligently than some of the "true bills fans".

pos rep for FTP.

:posrep:

Meathead
03-29-2006, 10:29 PM

well except for me right

lordofgun
03-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Cool T. That's the only show worth listening to on that channel.

Tatonka
03-29-2006, 10:35 PM
i will plug the billszone next time.

Mr. Pink
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM

National plug for billszone? That should be worth at least 10,000 Zone Bucks! :nod:

tampabay25690
03-30-2006, 01:58 AM

I listen everyday but didnt hear your call I usually call aorund noon . And talk to the guys, they werent real high on the bills hiring Jauron either, and yes u are right no one on there likes JP at all but they LOVE MARV LEVY.............I definitely will listen for u in the future...They like Eric Moulds also but say he is only worth Keyshawn $$ not $7.1 million

jmb1099
03-30-2006, 05:40 AM
You guys have at least 8 picks if not more and you could also trade Moulds before all is said and done. In this draft thats a lot of talent headed to Buffalo. I think Marv will show his prowess during the draft and make the Bills much better "talent wise" then last year. First time since TD's hire the Bills are looking good going into the draft. Marv will make your team much better.
It would also explain why the Bills weren't as active in FA. Another aspect of that could be Marv & Dick want to add the youth through the draft this year to get the right players to best suit Jurons system and make a run at FA next year. If the Bills are rebuilding, this would be one way they could go.
Good Post FTP!

justasportsfan
03-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Is there a way we can hide the whiners posts just in case people start checking BZ?

don137
03-30-2006, 07:43 AM
I believe there is some truth about Adams behind the scenes. I am not a fan of Cross but he is in circles that heres stuff. The fact that he has been signed by anyone kind of makes you think there is some truth behind it. No one wants a player that can be a cancer unless your last name is Owens.
Nice work T!

Marvelous
03-30-2006, 08:05 AM
OMG! Randy Cross is the most annoying announcer during games.. He is such a NE ballwasher & Bills hater....

Props on calling in though.

Gunzlingr
03-30-2006, 08:08 AM
god.. i hate to see FTP post so much more intelligently than some of the "true bills fans".

pos rep for FTP.

Ain't that the truth :ill:

patmoran2006
03-30-2006, 08:46 AM

I know more than you think I do, and i know more people than you think I do.. But I don't care what you think enough to elaborate. I have never claimed to know everything.. 90% of what I write has nothing to do with rumors anyway, they're usually some kind of projection peice or draft-related peice.

Maybe if you actually KNEW me you'd know I cover games in AP-style. I never claimed to be Peter King or Pat Kirwan.

Anyway, Ngata is going to end up being the pick unless they trade down because they don't really have any other option, other than reaching and overpaying for a tackle at the 8th spot. I can ASSURE you when it comes to a OT, they would rather trade down and pay an Eric WInston at 16 than pay top ten money to Winston Justice at 8.

My pick (and I think yours too) is Vernon Davis. We'd have to sweat the SF pick to see if he would fall to us. I'm ALMOST positive Oakland will take Cutler or YOung, but stranger things have happened..

IF Davis fell to the Bills, I feel it's a no-brainer to take him, but Marv may STILL elect to trade down.. I do agree there is a lot of depth on the line and the Bills would live to regret not taking him, but that's just me.

At the end of the day, no matter who they take.. I think the Bills are the one team in the top ten most LIKELY to trade down. Every other team has their eyes on ONE specific player. I don't think the Bills do.. Not at 8 anyway.

feelthepain
03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Good Post FTP!

:up: it's true, Marv is the man. Great coach very smart football guy. I hate him, but I respect him a gret deal.

feelthepain
03-30-2006, 12:47 PM

pos rep for FTP.

What can I say, even us skumbags have off days. :peace:

Tatonka
03-30-2006, 02:53 PM
I know more than you think I do, and i know more people than you think I do.. But I don't care what you think enough to elaborate. I

i wish it showed in your posts and articles.

Marvelous
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
OMG! Randy Cross is the most annoying announcer during games.. He is such a NE ballwasher & Bills hater....

Props on calling in though.

""Your avatar is as gay as you are. I would **** in your mothers mouth. --ThePhilster"""

Didn't realize the post meant anything of anything to warrant such a neg rep...:sad:

HAMMER
03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
""Your avatar is as gay as you are. I would **** in your mothers mouth. --ThePhilster"""

Didn't realize the post meant anything of anything to warrant such a neg rep...:sad:

? I hope this has legs or you will have problems.

The_Philster
03-31-2006, 06:46 PM

You know..as many times as I say it, you'd think guys would get the hint that I don't sign my negs..so why would they try to forge my name to a rep? And forget the underscore as well? :huh:

don137
03-31-2006, 06:54 PM

LOL...look at the one I got...
I have gay fantacies about eating your ass --Meathead

Marvelous
03-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Phil, i was 100% sure it wasn't you. But this neg is rude. Esp since my post didn't warrant a neg, esp a neg as vulgar as that. The only person i've ever had a problem with is Phil & the dude with the Steve Tasker tribute page and both times it remained civil, or it was for comedy.. I hope the neger is reading this and realizes that that kind of insulting is uncalled for....... /Moving on......

Marvelous
03-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Phil, i was 100% sure it wasn't you. But this neg is rude. Esp since my post didn't warrant a neg, esp a neg as vulgar as that. The only person i've ever had a problem with is Phil & the dude with the Steve Tasker tribute page and both times it remained civil, or it was for comedy.. I hope the neger is reading this and realizes that that kind of insulting is uncalled for....... /Moving on......

Marvelous

Marvelous

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2006, 11:10 PM
A bee on crack is less annoying than Cross, and the corn on my left big toe has more intelligence. Hands down the worst announcer next to Theismann.

But its still cool you were able to get on the radio. :up: