• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

The logic behind a JP trade is.....

...absolutely zero. We will get nothing...I repeat, nothing...for him. Why?

Because if Marv and Co. are "shopping him around", don't you think that other teams are going to figure it out that if JP was any good that we'd be keeping him? You don't trade someone you blew a set of #1, #2, #5 picks on who has played in 9 games behind a s**t line under a s**t coach in a s**t system....UNLESS....you think he sucks. So the other teams will figure this out and we won't get anything more than the waterboy.

May as well give him a chance. I will bet all my zbs that he is on the roster come Sept.
  • Tinboy
    • Aug 2004

Re: The logic behind a JP trade is.....

The only trade I see is as a back-up QB but we will only get 6-7 th round pick for. Stick with him and have him start all season, if he suckes after this season release.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tinboy
      The only trade I see is as a back-up QB but we will only get 6-7 th round pick for. Stick with him and have him start all season, if he suckes after this season release.
      The only smart thing to do
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

But Yahoo's Charles Robinson is sticking his non-existent rep on the line.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Maybe other teams have the same take on JP as some Bills' fans do...

Surround him with "talent", let him "develop" on the field, and he's going to be the "QB of the future."

He has "potential", you know.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Young is our future, he'll be here.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              ...absolutely zero. We will get nothing...I repeat, nothing...for him. Why?

Because if Marv and Co. are "shopping him around", don't you think that other teams are going to figure it out that if JP was any good that we'd be keeping him? You don't trade someone you blew a set of #1, #2, #5 picks on who has played in 9 games behind a s**t line under a s**t coach in a s**t system....UNLESS....you think he sucks. So the other teams will figure this out and we won't get anything more than the waterboy.

May as well give him a chance. I will bet all my zbs that he is on the roster come Sept.
              I have to agree. I just cant see any team being stupid enough to trade that much for a QB only to trade him for jack squat later without ever giving him any chance to play (at least with this regime). I think its just conjecture. I think its all crap.

We wont get enough in a trade to make it worth it, hes here plain and simple.

Personally, I think the hype falls of Nall and Hole-pelt pretty quick when the balls start flying. Losman has talent. I think he steps up, and with Eric gone starts to look like the players they drafted.

Comment

• vicmantak
                • Jun 2005

If J.P. means the job of Donahoe and Mularkey... it doesn't make any sense that Levy and Jauron will be willing to continue this experiment.

Any franchise starts surrounding their QB (leader) and IMO trading J.P. simply makes things way easier.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat

Surround him with "talent", let him "develop" on the field, and he's going to be the "QB of the future."

If Ryan leaf got 3 chances, how many for a guy like losman. Do you guys (not rat) not think they dont see the SH@! this kid has been through? They will figure the kid got screwed over just like we have.

Look Including Buffalo I know of THREE Teams that were going to draft this kid in the first round. He has no major injuries, is young and has a great upside.

YES Marv will get something for him.

Comment

• Bulldog
                    Top Dog
                    • Jan 2003

Bottom line, I would rather have JP and take the chance that he's going to develop into a good QB that some other teams 7th round draft pick. I think JP has a better chance of turning into something as opposed to a 7th rounder. I for one think this whole thing is BS. If Marv & Dick go into training camp with Nall and KH, then this whole franchise is in deep S H I T !
                    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat

I agree. If so many Bills fans want to hang on to him so badly, and give him a chance, what makes them think other people won't want to? We are rebuilding, and that doesn't mean we look stupid for getting rid of him. It just means we are rebuilding.
                      Besides, he DOES have potential, and value. I have faith in Marv.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                        I agree. If so many Bills fans want to hang on to him so badly, and give him a chance, what makes them think other people won't want to? We are rebuilding, and that doesn't mean we look stupid for getting rid of him. It just means we are rebuilding.
                        Here is the deal....Marv and THIS regime don't want him here. They want a fresh start and they won't have it until he is gone.

That said, I am glad. I like JP. The kid got DP'ed (I know YOU know what that means ) By MM and tom Clements all last year. I want to see this kid succeed. Given a real chance he will.

It would be the right thing for us, and for him. I say Croyle in the 3rd. No real pressure being a 3rd round pick and can develop in fairchilds system from the start.
                        Last edited by ICE74129; 03-30-2006, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                          If a team is rebuilding, why would they try and trade a QB who is young and could grow with the team? That statement doesn't seem logical to me.
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            If a team is rebuilding, why would they try and trade a QB who is young and could grow with the team? That statement doesn't seem logical to me.
                            Sure it does. There was a major issue that tore this locker room apart last year. JP Was the center of it, right or wrong. Even if he did nothing there are still those with issues against the kid. He has to go.

Every friggin day this staff fields JP questions. They are going to end that. Marv doesn't want that first round pressure on his QB. We dont' have a good enough team to help him. We dont have time for him to get up to speed either and apperantly he isn't.

We will start Nall and draft a 3rd or 4th round guy to develop. And before anyone *****es about a 3rd or 4th round guy...when was Tom Brady drafted? If you build up the TEAM, then it doesn't matter where your QB was drafted if he has a good brain.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I'd like to know how many zoners were actually around during the Marv era, and how many just read or heard about him.
                              I'm almost as old as Marv, and I see what he's doing. It's a smart move, trust him.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X