PDA

View Full Version : Marriucci new Lions HC

justasportsfan
02-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Lions | Mariucci Coming Aboard - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:33 PT: MLive.com's Tom Kowalski reports the Detroit Lions and former 49ers head coach Steve Mariucci have agreed on an undisclosed contract that will make him the new head coach of the Lions. Mariucci is reportedly flying into Detroit to make the deal official.

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-03-2003, 08:50 PM
It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Mr.Reality
02-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Another 4 or 5 years of mediocrity.

Billz_fan
02-03-2003, 09:23 PM
I really don't see anything changing there, at least not right away. I think Matt Millen was a fine football player and all but I just don't think he is President/CEO material.

I just think they need more of a bussiness man in that position and less of a football player. Thats my 2 cents ;)

lunatic_bills_fan
02-04-2003, 04:39 AM
I dunno Mr. Reality, I think Joey Harrington has the tools, to be a leader and a very good QB over there. I aslo believe the other tools neccessary to bring a winning season to Detroit are in place. They all just need to be put together. Its gonna take some more time but I believe in 2 years and the Mooch this team may be a contender.

TedMock
02-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Millen actually contacted Joe Gibbs. It was in the local paper here in DC. That's a joke right there. Gibbs has a sweet deal with Nascar right now and 2 champion drivers. That was just stupid on Millen's part.

TigerJ
02-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Millen may be incompetent but at least Mariucci and Harrington is probably a good match. Harrington is very bright and a good natural leader, but his arm is only good as opposed to having a cannon. In short, he should be the ideal west coast QB.

Bufftp
02-04-2003, 06:43 PM
wgr reported it was a 5 year deal at 5 mil a year.