PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Who's Saying Give JP a Chance

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Take your own advice and give Marv a chance. The guy has been the GM of The Bills for a few months, and he's already under the microscope. How about trusting his judgement for a change. I think he knows a thing or two about football, and what it takes to win. He knows a hell of a lot more than anyone who posts on any message board, or any sports writer, so how about cutting the guy a tiny bit of slack.

That is all.

Good Day.

Night Train
03-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Take your own advice and give Marv a chance. The guy has been the GM of The Bills for a few months, and he's already under the microscope. How about trusting his judgement for a change. I think he knows a thing or two about football, and what it takes to win. He knows a hell of a lot more than anyone who posts on any message board, or any sports writer, so how about cutting the guy a tiny bit of slack.

That is all.

Good Day.

Marv knows more than us ? Impossible. :D:

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Draft and can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Exciting times. In Marv I trust.

Gunzlingr
03-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I disagree. A host of other posters here know more, and they aren't afraid to tell you about it.

BillsNick
03-30-2006, 09:57 AM
:deadhorse

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I disagree. A host of other posters here know more, and they aren't afraid to tell you about it.

:rofl: You are right.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Yup, a third-year QB and an 80-year-old GM are ENTIRELY comparable. They should be given an equal amount of slack. Right.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Yup, a third-year QB and an 80-year-old GM are ENTIRELY comparable. They should be given an equal amount of slack. Right.

Your right, a 3rd year QB knows how to run an NFL team better than an 80 year old who coached a team to 4 AFC titles. My bad. You're right.

ICE74129
03-30-2006, 10:25 AM

That is all.

Good Day.

Isn't it funny how fans were willing to give TD who was FIRED in Pitt 3 years but won't give Marv even 3 months?

McBFLO
03-30-2006, 10:27 AM
I've been saying that Marv deserves the benefit of the doubt all along. The guy did lead the Bills to four straight Super Bowls! I know I know, as a coach. But like I've said in the past, he knows football inside and out and he deserves a shot.

Jan Reimers
03-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Marv has commented more than once how Aikman was 1-15 his first year, how he thought that Elway would never make it after his first couple of years, how Peyton Manning was pretty bad at the beginning of his career, etc.

Marv should heed his own words and at least give JP this season to prove himself one way or the other.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Your right, a 3rd year QB knows how to run an NFL team better than an 80 year old who coached a team to 4 AFC titles. My bad. You're right.

Is that what I said? Do you just make stuff up or did what I say just fly right over your head?

A young QB needs time to get good at what he does. Any GM, especially one who's been around as long as Levy, brings expertise to the job and should know what he's doing from Day 1. Therefore there's no comparing the two jobs.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Is that what I said? Do you just make stuff up or did what I say just fly right over your head?

A young QB needs time to get good at what he does. Any GM, especially one who's been around as long as Levy, brings expertise to the job and should know what he's doing from Day 1. Therefore there's no comparing the two jobs.

Did I compare the jobs? No. Quit putting words into my mouth. If Marv doesn't think JP can lead the team, then he should get rid of him. I dont' care if he's played 100000 games or 1. If the HC and GM don't have any confidence in a QB, what's the point of keeping him around? He's only being set up to fail. I'm not saying Marv is right, or wrong, I'm saying give the guy a chance. If he doesn't think JP is the right QB, or lacks character, or whatever, then he has every right to get rid of him. This is MARV'S team now, not TDs. Remember that.

OpIv37
03-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Isn't it funny how fans were willing to give TD who was FIRED in Pitt 3 years but won't give Marv even 3 months?
because back then we only had 2 years of losing- now we've had to endure 6. The patience now isn't what it was then.

Plus I think your assumption is generally false- I don't recall too many people questioning TD's hiring, but I do remember a lot of people calling for his head after 2 years.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Marv has commented more than once how Aikman was 1-15 his first year, how he thought that Elway would never make it after his first couple of years, how Peyton Manning was pretty bad at the beginning of his career, etc.

Marv should heed his own words and at least give JP this season to prove himself one way or the other.

He should only give him a chance IF he thinks Losman has what it takes. If he has no confidence in the kid, there's not much point in giving him a shot, because it wouldn't be a "fair" shot.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Marv gets no free pass. I'll wait and see how his moves turn out before passing final judgment, but I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Marv gets no free pass. I'll wait and see how his moves turn out before passing final judgment, but I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

What about Losman? Are you going to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:41 AM
What about Losman? Are you going to give him the benefit of the doubt?

I want to give him a chance. It's too early to either doubt him or anoint him a savior.

ICE74129
03-30-2006, 10:42 AM
because back then we only had 2 years of losing- now we've had to endure 6. The patience now isn't what it was then.

Plus I think your assumption is generally false- I don't recall too many people questioning TD's hiring, but I do remember a lot of people calling for his head after 2 years.

And its marvs fault how that we have lost for the last 6 years? Let marv have his shot.

ICE74129
03-30-2006, 10:43 AM

TD got about a 3 year free pass. Marv didn't get 3 weeks.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
TD got about a 3 year free pass.

Not from me

patmoran2006
03-30-2006, 10:46 AM
if anyone here has called for Marv's head after only two or so months, its news to me.. I"ve seen nothing but support for Marv on here.. Don't count me among the cheerleaders for Marv as I dont want him as our GM nor did I like him as our GM on January 4th either.

But, I think on a whole everyone is giving him the benefit of the doubt.. I despise most of his moves so far, but I dont call for his head or say he should be fired.. so to me, thats the benefit of the doubt.

If he cuts JP tommorow, I give him the benefit of the doubt.. Laterall I agree with you in a regard that I dont care if JP has played one game or 1000. If he's not Marv's guy he has the right to get rid of him.

patmoran2006
03-30-2006, 10:50 AM
And its marvs fault how that we have lost for the last 6 years? Let marv have his shot.
Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is one thing..........Giving someone a flat-out EXCUSE for failure is another..

Funny thing, all these BUMS that donahoe drafted.. Marv sure seems to be re-signing a lot of them lately, no? Reed, Haggan, AIken, Denney,etc.

They were free agents... They were gone.. Now, They're Bills again.. they are no longer Donahoe guys.. They are now officially MARV LEVY guys..

To this point, he's kept Bennie Anderson, Mike Gandy and Chris Villarrial on the line instead of cutting them and looking for replacements.. He had cap room to make moves there, and didnt.. That's cool. But again, these are no longer Donahoe guys.. HE keeps them, they are now Marv Levy guys.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:50 AM
If he cuts JP tommorow, I give him the benefit of the doubt.. Laterall I agree with you in a regard that I dont care if JP has played one game or 1000. If he's not Marv's guy he has the right to get rid of him.

But that doesn't mean anyone here has to like it. We have the right to be skeptical.

patmoran2006
03-30-2006, 10:51 AM
But that doesn't mean anyone here has to like it. We have the right to be skeptical.
I hear you bro, and nobody is more skeptical right now than I am.

McBFLO
03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I want to give him a chance. It's too early to either doubt him or anoint him a savior.
So you're willing to give JP more of a chance than Marv? That's ridiculous. What has JP done in the league compared to Marv? And, I'm not a JP hater either, just so ya know.

McBFLO
03-30-2006, 10:53 AM
You're right. You do. Just like we have the right to remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:54 AM
So you're willing to give JP more of a chance than Marv? That's ridiculous. What has JP done in the league compared to Marv? And, I'm not a JP hater either, just so ya know.

See my post above about comparing the jobs.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 10:57 AM
It's BECAUSE Marv is so accomplished that I don't give him a free pass. He doesn't need a learning curve. He comes with high expectations.

Philagape
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
You're right. You do. Just like we have the right to remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

And that's fine. I won't bash those who are, like the name-calling negs I've gotten in this thread from someone who obviously can't have an adult conversation.

OpIv37
03-30-2006, 11:01 AM

no, but the fact that Marv is new doesn't make it easier on fans. Six years of losing is a very slow wound to heal.

ICE74129
03-30-2006, 11:05 AM
It's BECAUSE Marv is so accomplished that I don't give him a free pass. He doesn't need a learning curve. He comes with high expectations.

and TD was accomplished and was allowed time before being beat down by the fans. Marv has had the job for 2 whopping months. TD got over 2 years before the ripping began.

ICE74129
03-30-2006, 11:06 AM
no, but the fact that Marv is new doesn't make it easier on fans. Six years of losing is a very slow wound to heal.

Again that has nothing to do with marv. Leave the man alone and let him work his plan.

patmoran2006
03-30-2006, 11:08 AM
and TD was accomplished and was allowed time before being beat down by the fans. Marv has had the job for 2 whopping months. TD got over 2 years before the ripping began.

who is ripping Marv?

TacklingDummy
03-30-2006, 11:14 AM

I'd agree with this If Losman showed signs he was going to be a good QB like Manning, Aikman and Elway did.

OpIv37
03-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Again that has nothing to do with marv. Leave the man alone and let him work his plan.

It most certainly does have something to do with Marv: it's his job to fix it. And he's not going to do it by keeping all of TD's garbage, which seems to be his strategy so far.

Jan Reimers
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
He should only give him a chance IF he thinks Losman has what it takes. If he has no confidence in the kid, there's not much point in giving him a shot, because it wouldn't be a "fair" shot.
I love Marv, but I don't think he's clairvoyant. And I don't understand how he can give up on JP after being GM for all of 2 months or whatever.

Jan Reimers
03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I'd agree with this If Losman showed signs he was going to be a good QB like Manning, Aikman and Elway did.
He has. But those who have been anti-JP from day one will never see anything positive.

TigerJ
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM

That is all.

Good Day.

OK, but you didn't have to convince me.

The_Philster
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I love Marv, but I don't think he's clairvoyant. And I don't understand how he can give up on JP after being GM for all of 2 months or whatever.
agreed...it'd be just our luck that the Pats end up getting him...Then Brady gets hurt and we all breathe a sigh of relief...they insert JP and he tears it up...putting together better games than Brady did