X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Everyone Who's Saying Give JP a Chance

Take your own advice and give Marv a chance. The guy has been the GM of The Bills for a few months, and he's already under the microscope. How about trusting his judgement for a change. I think he knows a thing or two about football, and what it takes to win. He knows a hell of a lot more than anyone who posts on any message board, or any sports writer, so how about cutting the guy a tiny bit of slack.

That is all.

Good Day.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Everyone Who's Saying Give JP a Chance

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    Take your own advice and give Marv a chance. The guy has been the GM of The Bills for a few months, and he's already under the microscope. How about trusting his judgement for a change. I think he knows a thing or two about football, and what it takes to win. He knows a hell of a lot more than anyone who posts on any message board, or any sports writer, so how about cutting the guy a tiny bit of slack.

That is all.

Good Day.
    Marv knows more than us ? Impossible.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Draft and can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Exciting times. In Marv I trust.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

I disagree. A host of other posters here know more, and they aren't afraid to tell you about it.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          I disagree. A host of other posters here know more, and they aren't afraid to tell you about it.
          You are right.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Yup, a third-year QB and an 80-year-old GM are ENTIRELY comparable. They should be given an equal amount of slack. Right.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
              Yup, a third-year QB and an 80-year-old GM are ENTIRELY comparable. They should be given an equal amount of slack. Right.
              Your right, a 3rd year QB knows how to run an NFL team better than an 80 year old who coached a team to 4 AFC titles. My bad. You're right.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

That is all.

Good Day.
                Isn't it funny how fans were willing to give TD who was FIRED in Pitt 3 years but won't give Marv even 3 months?

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

I've been saying that Marv deserves the benefit of the doubt all along. The guy did lead the Bills to four straight Super Bowls! I know I know, as a coach. But like I've said in the past, he knows football inside and out and he deserves a shot.
                  Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Marv has commented more than once how Aikman was 1-15 his first year, how he thought that Elway would never make it after his first couple of years, how Peyton Manning was pretty bad at the beginning of his career, etc.

Marv should heed his own words and at least give JP this season to prove himself one way or the other.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Your right, a 3rd year QB knows how to run an NFL team better than an 80 year old who coached a team to 4 AFC titles. My bad. You're right.
                      Is that what I said? Do you just make stuff up or did what I say just fly right over your head?

A young QB needs time to get good at what he does. Any GM, especially one who's been around as long as Levy, brings expertise to the job and should know what he's doing from Day 1. Therefore there's no comparing the two jobs.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                        Is that what I said? Do you just make stuff up or did what I say just fly right over your head?

A young QB needs time to get good at what he does. Any GM, especially one who's been around as long as Levy, brings expertise to the job and should know what he's doing from Day 1. Therefore there's no comparing the two jobs.
                        Did I compare the jobs? No. Quit putting words into my mouth. If Marv doesn't think JP can lead the team, then he should get rid of him. I dont' care if he's played 100000 games or 1. If the HC and GM don't have any confidence in a QB, what's the point of keeping him around? He's only being set up to fail. I'm not saying Marv is right, or wrong, I'm saying give the guy a chance. If he doesn't think JP is the right QB, or lacks character, or whatever, then he has every right to get rid of him. This is MARV'S team now, not TDs. Remember that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Isn't it funny how fans were willing to give TD who was FIRED in Pitt 3 years but won't give Marv even 3 months?
                          because back then we only had 2 years of losing- now we've had to endure 6. The patience now isn't what it was then.

Plus I think your assumption is generally false- I don't recall too many people questioning TD's hiring, but I do remember a lot of people calling for his head after 2 years.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Marv has commented more than once how Aikman was 1-15 his first year, how he thought that Elway would never make it after his first couple of years, how Peyton Manning was pretty bad at the beginning of his career, etc.

Marv should heed his own words and at least give JP this season to prove himself one way or the other.
                            He should only give him a chance IF he thinks Losman has what it takes. If he has no confidence in the kid, there's not much point in giving him a shot, because it wouldn't be a "fair" shot.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Marv gets no free pass. I'll wait and see how his moves turn out before passing final judgment, but I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X