• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Why JP Might not be our qb

The guy is mobile.

Marv's qbs.

Kelly, Todd Collins, AVP...... he just hired Nall

Fairchild... Bulger

Poilan... Manning

qb's that need a walker to get mobile but pocket passers. If JP can't become a pocket passer, he's gone. Same goes with Young. Cutler would be more of Marv's type of qb.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Why JP Might not be our qb

Well, Marv's in for a challenge because pure pocket passers like Bledsoe and Kelly are dinosaurs in today's NFL. The defensive ends and linebackers are just too fast. Even guys like Manning and Brady, who are pocket passers, have some mobility. It's hard to find guys like that who can throw from the pocket and still have some ability to escape when necessary.

Brady Quinn anyone? I'd like to get him if JP still sucks this year, but I don't want to suffer through the disastrous type of season we'd need to be high enough in the draft to get him next year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

oh and we still need an OL that can form a pocket. Our OL forms a collapsing building.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Well, Marv's in for a challenge because pure pocket passers like Bledsoe and Kelly are dinosaurs in today's NFL. The defensive ends and linebackers are just too fast. Even guys like Manning and Brady, who are pocket passers, have some mobility. It's hard to find guys like that who can throw from the pocket and still have some ability to escape when necessary.

Brady Quinn anyone? I'd like to get him if JP still sucks this year, but I don't want to suffer through the disastrous type of season we'd need to be high enough in the draft to get him next year.
        Its looking that way bro.. Lets just say I will be paying A LOT more attention to Notre Dame games this season, not like I need any extra motivation for that.

Here's what bothers me a lot.. does EVERY thread and every post have to be a comparison to another team? Cant people no longer base their opinions as their OWN? I mean, EVERYTHING has turned into a NE, Colts, Pitt, Cowher, Brady comparison of sorts.. WE are NONE of those teams and we have NONE of those players or coaches.

Here's a thought.. How about screw Brady and Bulger.. and Let marv do things MARV's way.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          The guy is mobile.

Marv's qbs.

Kelly, Todd Collins, AVP...... he just hired Nall

Fairchild... Bulger

Poilan... Manning

qb's that need a walker to get mobile but pocket passers. If JP can't become a pocket passer, he's gone. Same goes with Young. Cutler would be more of Marv's type of qb.
          See you hit on it pretty good. Marv is old school, Stand and deliver. Look at the probowl QB's / superbowl QB's. Not great mobility, but can move IN THE POCKET to avoid the rush (remember our QB coaches comments on that?). They can escape and get maybe 5-7 yards here and there.

What is forgotten in this madden Generation is the fact how well you read a defense, and THROW the Ball is still what makes you a great QB. Even Jake Plummer will stay more in the pocket than he used to. Look at the improvement this year.

Again I will stand by my belief, Marv and Modrak are doing this the right way.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

oh and we still need an OL that can form a pocket. Our OL forms a collapsing building.
            Which is why our first pick will most likely be Ol, the 2nd DT the 3rd and 4th OL.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

this is why I like JP. My favorite qb of all time is Montana. He's no scrambler but he was mobile. Same goes with Steve Young , Bradshaw, Farve and now Ben.

Pocket passers like Marino, Kelly, Manning haven't won a sb compared to the mobile qb's I mentioned unless you have a D like the ravens who had Dilfer.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Realx, it's in the process of being built.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

this is why I like JP. My favorite qb of all time is Montana. He's no scrambler but he was mobile. Same goes with Steve Young , Bradshaw, Farve and now Ben.

Pocket passers like Marino, Kelly, Manning haven't won a sb compared to the mobile qb's I mentioned unless you have a D like the ravens who had Dilfer.
                  JP has the arm to be that type of QB, but it just depends if he can learn to read defenses and overcome that "run first" instinct he developed at Tulane.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Realx, it's in the process of being built.

Well I'll believe that after the draft. I'm taking your advice- all we can do is wait and see.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

JP has the arm to be that type of QB, but it just depends if he can learn to read defenses and overcome that "run first" instinct he developed at Tulane.
                      Oh crap. we agree?
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Well I'll believe that after the draft. I'm taking your advice- all we can do is wait and see.
                        we have no choice
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

Best post on this thread so far. JP has ALL the physical tools to be a very successful QB. He just needs to slow down a little bit (poise goes a LONG WAY, just ask Tom Brady) and learn to read the defenses a little bit better, which in time I think he'll be able to do. It just may not be with this team, unfortunately.
                          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pepperkorn
                            Best post on this thread so far. JP has ALL the physical tools to be a very successful QB. He just needs to slow down a little bit (poise goes a LONG WAY, just ask Tom Brady) and learn to read the defenses a little bit better, which in time I think he'll be able to do. It just may not be with this team, unfortunately.
                            Ryan Leaf had all the physical tools. Tom brady doesn't have near the pure talent Leaf had, but has 3 rings.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Ryan Leaf had all the physical tools. Tom brady doesn't have near the pure talent Leaf had, but has 3 rings.
                              That's why he's saying Jp nees to slow down and learn that way he may eventually have Brady's brain.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X