• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Article: Super & Pro Bowl QB's

Stay up to date with all the Buffalo Bills football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

A heads-up: (this is from last week)
    This is NOT a suggestive peice.. I am NOT suggesting the Bills cut/trade JP Losman.. I am NOT suggesting they draft anyone.. It is a FACT-based peice, not opinionated..

A lot of people think you can just build an OL and your team will be great with any quarterback... To an extent, this is true.. However, I didnt base this on opinion, its FACt.. And here are some FACTS:

* 75% (15 of 20) of the time over the past 10 years, a team that went to the Super Bowl had their QB make the Pro Bowl the same season.

* 95% (19 for 20) of the time over the past 10 years, a team that went to the SB has seen their QB play in at least ONE pro bowl, with 18 of those 19 coming that year or PRIOR to making the SB.

Just read on.. Some pretty interesting numbers here. It's only a fact-based peice, not opinion-laced.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Article: Super & Pro Bowl QB's

25% of of the time over the past 10 years, a team that went to the superbowl didn't have their QB make the Probowl the same year.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

LOL, you're good at Math.

Okay and 40% of that 25% of the time, its ONLY because that QB was injured and missed multiple games (Roth, McNair)

LOL

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

There sure aren't any Pro Bowl QBs anywhere on our radar.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

THat's debatable.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Nall or JP or a rookie? If we expand the realm of possibility to them, then we can for 50 other QBs too.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

and having a pro-bowl qb doesn't mean a team will get to a superbowl.

Every Year there are 6 probowl QBs... that means having a (current season) probowl QB gives you only a 24.75% chance of making the superbowl. I'd rather hang my hat on dominent d-line and o-line play.

At the worse that will get you to the playoffs every year. And to be honest, if you can't get to the playoffs you can't win the superbowl... and we've not sniffed the playoffs since 99.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

These are worthless facts. You could just as easily point to the lines and say that the protection they provide is the reason the QB's are in the pro-bowl. That I'd imagine is the more likely scenario. Brady is a great QB no matter how you slice it. He has no mobility, but his intelligence along with very good protection allows him to succeed. A lot of the others aren't Tom Brady. Hasselback? Decent, but not great. Noodle arm. Delhomme was backing up Aaron Brooks in NOLA. Roethlisberger? Easily the best line in football. I'm not taking anything from these guys, they're all good leaders. But stats can be twisted any which way. There have been a lot more pro-bowlers than Superbowl winners in history.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TedMock
                  These are worthless facts. You could just as easily point to the lines and say that the protection they provide is the reason the QB's are in the pro-bowl. That I'd imagine is the more likely scenario. Brady is a great QB no matter how you slice it. He has no mobility, but his intelligence along with very good protection allows him to succeed. A lot of the others aren't Tom Brady. Hasselback? Decent, but not great. Noodle arm. Delhomme was backing up Aaron Brooks in NOLA. Roethlisberger? Easily the best line in football. I'm not taking anything from these guys, they're all good leaders. But stats can be twisted any which way. There have been a lot more pro-bowlers than Superbowl winners in history.
                  Outstanding post. You nailed it!

Comment

Working...
                  X