PDA

View Full Version : Perfect time to trade Moulds...

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 01:35 PM
When it is all said and done, I think you'll find that Buffalo played their hand well with Moulds.

While Eric Moulds may have a little of that juice left in him, the Bills have already squeezed the best out of him. No one ever likes to see one of their favorite players leave their team, but the reality of the issue proves that their isn't a better time to trade Moulds.

When is the last time you heard of a 30 year old WR changing teams and making an impact for another franchise? Some might say McCardell, but he's also had a career riddled with injuries. What about Terrel Owens? TO is probably the best, but in order to obtain Owens skill, you also have to bring his mouth. And Moulds hardly compares to Owens in ability. Argueably, Joey Galloway might be the only one that I can think of that has had continued success in more than one franchise late in his career.

The draft holds very little promise for breakout WRs this year, and several teams still require depth in this arena.

Let's face it, if Moulds really wanted to be in Buffalo a deal would have been made. The Bills could have just paid a rediculous $10 mil this year, bending the boundaries of their salary cap. Chances are they would have to realease him next season anyway being that they wouldn't be able to afford carrying him in the same financial style two years in a row. Nope, Eric wanted out. And he let everyone know this past season as he consitantly voiced his aggression openly.

The Bills are really in a win-win situation, unless Moulds calls their bluff. Either the Bills get Moulds to renegotiate and retain his ability another few seasons while Evans mutures to expectation, or they can use this opportunity to actually get compensation for losing him. The latter will happen, obviously.

Moulds could call the Bills bluff and just say that he is going to play out this season without renegotiating. This would force the Bills to then cut Moulds. But desperate times call for desperate measures and their are a lot of desperate teams in line to sign Eric to the money he wants while hand delivering adequate compensation to his soon to be prior team.

ICE74129
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
dead on RE

BillsNick
03-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Great Post! :bf1:

The King
03-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Terry Glenn BTW.

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
amen. too bad though, I've always liked EM. but 10M for next year is just too much to pay for a guy that doesn't want to be here. I feel like even if we sucked it up and paid him his full salary he'd still be less than happy to be in town. that doesn't work.

I think you're right, if we get a 3rd or 4th out of him Marv played the hand pretty well

finsrclowns
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Moulds has shown he is 110% about the money. Houston is even worse than we are so it isn't about winning.

Here's the funny part IMO- you could see signs that Moulds was becoming jealous of Evans here. He KNOWS Evans is the better player now and he had trouble dealing with it- the Miami game is Exhibit A. But he's going to a place where he will be be the #2 guy without debate- Andre Johnson is a beast and twice the player Moulds is at this stage. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before Moulds is unhappy with his touches. I'm guessing not long. Thankfully it appears he will be someone else's problem soon.

Getting a draft pick for Moulds- whatever it is- is a great job by Marv.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Isn't TO over 30 as well?

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Isn't TO over 30 as well?

I mentioned TO.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Terry Glenn BTW.

I actually did think about Terry Glenn, but he has come full circle with his former QB and coach. That has to play a large part in his success. Plus, he has only really had one year later in his career that I would consider successful.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Moulds has shown he is 110% about the money. Houston is even worse than we are so it isn't about winning.

Here's the funny part IMO- you could see signs that Moulds was becoming jealous of Evans here. He KNOWS Evans is the better player now and he had trouble dealing with it- the Miami game is Exhibit A. But he's going to a place where he will be be the #2 guy without debate- Andre Johnson is a beast and twice the player Moulds is at this stage. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before Moulds is unhappy with his touches. I'm guessing not long. Thankfully it appears he will be someone else's problem soon.

Getting a draft pick for Moulds- whatever it is- is a great job by Marv.

I remember Moulds trying to the leadership role on for a while, and he was failry good at it. I do think you're right though. Evans is his replacement, and it was going to be that way eventually. Moulds probably saw that the "new guy" wasn't going to be another Peerless Price.