PDA

View Full Version : Philly fans... you cannot rationalize with them

Bill Brasky
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
This is verbatum... a convo I just had with my old college roomate

ALECScousin: are you gonna be an LA fan
kegmastor2: that statement is completely false
kegmastor2: which is why this article is bogus, just like everything else on pft
ALECScousin: yeah but it would be hilarious. one team city. GO SABRES. you know that football in buffalo is futile
kegmastor2: why would it be hilarious?
ALECScousin: your beloved bills moving elsewhere
kegmastor2: yeah, i'm sure the eagles would be selling tickets if they sucked as bad as the bills
ALECScousin: all of those western new yorkers crying
kegmastor2: i love how everybody thinks this team is poor. this team completely sucks every year and they still sell out every game
ALECScousin: they were 6-10 last year and there is a waiting list of 50K for season tickets
kegmastor2: people are completely ****in ******ed when it comes to the bills because they don't know jack ****
ALECScousin: why arent the bills making money then. "low revenue team"
kegmastor2: says who? they're the 25th ranked sports franchise in all of sports. that counts MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, Pro Soccer... as far as net-worth
ALECScousin: i read it on espn all the time "low revenue teams like the buffalo bills voted against the new CBA" i mean green bay is way smaller than buffalo and no one is talking about them moving
kegmastor2: ha, which is hilarious, considering now after its sunk in half the owners are now saying they'd wished they voted against it too
ALECScousin: regardless. why did it say low revenue
kegmastor2: because they don't have a clue. the city's economy is a mess, so everybody assumes
ALECScousin: ok i bet they leave the city within 5 years
kegmastor2: they sell out almost every hockey game. sports is all they really have so everybody poors all their money in the teams to keep them there
ALECScousin: i will make a bet that they're gone by 2010 i would put money on it too
kegmastor2: go ahead your loss jacksonville should go they can't sell out any games in a 55,000 seat stadium san diego could move too
ALECScousin: im a huge jags fan
kegmastor2: you might be the only one, they one of the lowest revenue team in teh league
kegmastor2: ... i will try to explain it to you... 66%+ of the teams in the NFL are "high revenue" because of stadium licensing and stadium deals... the bills and bengals are considered 2 "low revenue" teams because they won't sell their stadium naming rights... they're the only 2 teams to havea s tadium named after a person, so they do not bring in the extra hundreds of millions other teams do for having their stadium called FedEx Field or whatever New England was near last in revenue... they got a new stadium, sold the name, now they're top 5
kegmastor2: well, if you wanna put money on it... i'd tell you to bet on San Diego moving to L.A. several reasons - 1... they do not sell out 2 - close proximity 3- they wanta new stadium but the city won't finance it, which means
the team has to pony up and they refuse it will be cleveland browns syndrom they're owner will move them up the road where he can make more $
ALECScousin: you think so? we'll see i think the bills are in trouble
kegmastor2: ha, alright man
ALECScousin: **** expansion
kegmastor2: whatever you think you know, go with that
kegmastor2: hahaha to further prove my point
kegmastor2: this bills make more $ than....
kegmastor2: SF, N.O., Oakland, San Diego, Indy, Minnesota, Atl, Arizona... and are barely behind Cincy, Jets, and Giants
kegmastor2: 2 teams in the biggest city of the country and they are almost on par with them
ALECScousin: dude i found that posting about moulds
ALECScousin: there is no other source reporting that except some lame talk radio station in houston
ALECScousin: i wont believe it until it is on a legit website
kegmastor2: yeah, but i'm sure if WYSP was reporting you'd take it to be true
kegmastor2: splitting revenue amongst a fan base of 24 million?
kegmastor2: people also forget that there are a ****load of people that go to games from southern ontario, rochester, syr there is about 7 million people right there in bills territory
ALECScousin: haha rochester syracuse wooohooo cant forget ithaca and jamestown in there
kegmastor2: yeah, the bustling suburbs of richboro PA are just oozing with population all 10 of you
ALECScousin: haha my parents dont live there anymore they live in downtown philly
kegmastor2: so they traded the suburbs of 15 people for a run down ****hole with a statue of a ficticious boxer? sounds like a great trade no wonder Moulds went to Houston. what'd you offer us? a 7th rounder and a day pass at the liberty bell?
ALECScousin: haha get real man parts of philly are nice
kegmastor2: really? i must have missed them amongst the plethora of run down factories that outnumber the city of buffalo's

Devin
03-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Your friend is a ****in ******.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
ALECScousin: haha my parents dont live there anymore they live in downtown philly

kegmastor2: so they traded the suburbs of 15 people for a run down ****hole with a statue of a ficticious boxer? sounds like a great trade no wonder Moulds went to Houston. what'd you offer us? a 7th rounder and a day pass at the liberty bell?

:rofl:

The_Philster
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
your college roommate needs an ass-kicking :down:

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Phil, did you read the whole thing? He bashed Jamestown! Are you going to put up with that?

The_Philster
03-30-2006, 04:11 PM
:mad:

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Freeman you schooled that guy. What a douche.

Bill Brasky
03-30-2006, 04:16 PM
He is a dingbat... how I lived with him I don't know... He used to be cool, but ever since senior year and beyond, he's been a living nightmare.

He used to bash me because I would say I was from the Buffalo area (45 mins. south)... he always told me he was from Philly.

I went to his house once, he lived further from Philly than I did from Buffalo. Clown.

The scary part is... ALL PHILLY FANS are just like this guy.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 04:16 PM
I hope the Sabres kick the **** out of the Flyers in the playoffs.

Ask him how TO is.

Bill Brasky
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
hahaha, even funnier...

When the Eagles signed TO he was practically walking around with a hard-on 24/7 about how they were gonna win 5 Super Bowls in a row...

I told him... and I quote... "I give him 2 season before he starts causing problems"

his response...

"No way man, he's past that. He's gonna take us over the top"

:rofl:

I love being right against uninformed douchebags.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Just make sure you bring it up often.

Bill Brasky
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
He really thinks the Flyers have a shot against Buffalo. I think he's blind to the fact that the Sabres are like 14-1-3 against the Atl. Division this year... or something like that... including a sweep of Philly if my memory serves me correctly.

I can't wait until this team unleashes a major asswhoppin on those sliced-steak eating ******s.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 04:27 PM
He really thinks the Flyers have a shot against Buffalo. I think he's blind to the fact that the Sabres are like 14-1-3 against the Atl. Division this year... or something like that... including a sweep of Philly if my memory serves me correctly.

I can't wait until this team unleashes a major asswhoppin on those sliced-steak eating ******s.

I think that Buffalo has them this season. I just remember so many past seasons when Philly would always knock Buffalo out of Cup contention.

Bill Brasky
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah me too, I never heard the end of it.

This year, things will be different!

venis2k1
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
kegmastor2: ... i will try to explain it to you... 66%+ of the teams in the NFL are "high revenue" because of stadium licensing and stadium deals... the bills and bengals are considered 2 "low revenue" teams because they won't sell their stadium naming rights... they're the only 2 teams to havea s tadium named after a person, so they do not bring in the extra hundreds of millions other teams do for having their stadium called FedEx Field or whatever New England was near last in revenue... they got a new stadium, sold the name, now they're top 5

for someone that hates "Uninformed Douchbags", this is a pretty ignorant statement. teams receive about 1-3 million annually for the naming rights to their stadiums. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS????? are you out of your gourd? The pats are in the top 5 of revenue because they are a good team in a rich area. I dont know when the last time you tried to buy pats tickets were, but last year i wanted to go to the bills vs pats and didnt when i couldnt find a single ticket for under 350 bucks!!!! for one ticket!!!! are you kidding me? also i cant swing a stick here in NE with out hitting some jerk in a pats hat or jersey. please refer to this link for more info on stadium naming rights.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsbusiness/news/story?page=stadiumnames

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Venis is one wicked hostile New Englander.

PhinsFan66
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Philly will still have an NFL team in 10 years...will the Bills? Nahhh

POSTED 12:12 p.m. EST, March 30, 2006
BILLS A PRIME CANDIDATE FOR L.A?
In response to our story regarding the possible candidates for a move to Los Angeles, one league source has advised us that he believes the Buffalo Bills are a prime candidate to ultimately fill the market that was vacated more than a decade ago by the Raiders and the Rams.
"Their owner is 88 years old," said the source. "The team will be sold when he dies. Their lease is very easy to get out of, and the economy of Buffalo and ability for the team to make money outside of ticket sales is probably the worst in the league. Their season ticket base may be the worst in the league."
As we said earlier on Thursday, one of the current teams will make the move, possibly by the end of the decade.

Bill Brasky
03-31-2006, 04:26 AM
for someone that hates "Uninformed Douchbags", this is a pretty ignorant statement. teams receive about 1-3 million annually for the naming rights to their stadiums. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS????? are you out of your gourd? The pats are in the top 5 of revenue because they are a good team in a rich area. I dont know when the last time you tried to buy pats tickets were, but last year i wanted to go to the bills vs pats and didnt when i couldnt find a single ticket for under 350 bucks!!!! for one ticket!!!! are you kidding me? also i cant swing a stick here in NE with out hitting some jerk in a pats hat or jersey. please refer to this link for more info on stadium naming rights.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsbusiness/news/story?page=stadiumnames
<table id="inlinetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="540"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" valign="top"><td> FedEx Field </td> <td> Federal Express </td> <td> Washington Redskins </td> <td> $7.6 million </td> <td> 2025</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="inlinetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="540"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" valign="top"><td> Invesco Field at Mile High </td> <td> Invesco Funds </td> <td> Denver Broncos </td> <td> $6 million </td> <td> 2021</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="inlinetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="540"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(236, 236, 236);" valign="top"><td> Lincoln Financial Field </td> <td> Lincoln Financial Group </td> <td> Philadelphia Eagles </td> <td> $6.7 million </td> <td> 2022</td></tr></tbody></table>

Seems to me you might wanna take a math class before you start relying on ESPN for all your information.

Let me try to teach you real quick...

Redskins:
7.6 million X 19 years (2025-2006 = 19) = 144.4 Million (it was more since that deal has been in place for years now)

Broncos:
6 million X 15 years (2021-2006) = 90 Million (again, this deal has been in place for a couple years, making it over 100 million during the length of the deal)

Philly:
6.7 X 16 years (2022-2006) = 107.2 Million

These are just 3 examples, excluding your precious Patsies, but I could keep going on if you are still lost...

Of course, these are just figures for the contract... not even counting incentives, kickbacks, the prices that new stadiums generate for brand new luxury boxes, or even the names attached to those luxury boxes...

Not only are you way off, you just made yourself look completely stupid by simply looking at 1 column of numbers that John Clayton probably put together via one of his 'inside sources'

Might I also point out that ESPN constantly distorts their financial figures... they can't even get team's cap figures right half the time...