PDA

View Full Version : 1st post !

Jarv
03-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey Folks,

Nice place you got here.

First thing I want to let you know is that I'm a Cowboys fan. I'm in the NE and I have a lot of friends (like my roomate) who are Bills fans.

As you know, Bledsoe is our QB and most of my friends that are Bills fans, even with you current QB questions have no desire to have him back.

I was just curious on how you guys felt. So here is the question. If Bledsoe was a FA now, would you want him back ? If so or not, why ?

Thanks and tic toc here to the draft.

LtFinFan66
03-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome!! From a Dolphin fan :up:

The_Philster
03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
You're gonna probably get a lot of hate-filled answers but here's my other type of answer. I wouldn't want him back because there's no sense having a pure pocket passer when we can't seem to build a strong O-line. I predicted he'd bounce back a little with Parcells who knows how to utilize him properly...something Williams and Mularkey could never do. Question is...is Flozell The Hotel expected back at full strength?

SquishDaFish
03-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the board. IM a Bills fan also in NE in Mass. Ive always been a Bledsoe fan so of course I would want him as my QB. Just not on the present Bills. You need to have an ALL PRO OL for him to be good which we dont have.

RedEyE
03-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Bledsoe was getting killed behind our OL and our ex-GM was giving him WRs to alleviate the situation :dizzy: . Personally, if Bledsoe was an FA now I would not want him to return to Buffalo. It is time for Buffalo to build a team that can win in the future, not just get by in the present.

Good luck with TO. :up:

shelby
03-30-2006, 09:18 PM
:welcome:

Good luck with TO. :up:
:snicker:

chernobylwraiths
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Bledsoe definitely had his shortcomings. He is bad under pressure, tends to hold the ball a little too long and doesn't protect it well in those cases. Yes he needs a top notch offensive line and a good running back to succeed (as many QBs do) but he still has a very live arm, is a team guy and is a pretty tough SOB. I wish him well, but I don't much like your team being a Bills fan and living through the whole "America's Team" crap and all. I wouldn't mind seeing Drew win a championship for himself, it would not feel too good though if he had to win it for your team. Unless of course he was playing against the Dolphins in the SB.

Iehoshua
03-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Welcome!

Do we want Drew back?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:puke:

hammerbillsfan
03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
:welcome: to Billszone!

tat2dmike77
03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Welcome

I would rather contract the herpies virus then have bledslow back

Iehoshua
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Welcome

I would rather contract the herpies virus then have bledslow back
:rofl:

MTBillsFan
03-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the board...and no we do not want Drew back...an Oline and Dline yes...Drew...NO

LifetimeBillsFan
03-31-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi! Welcome to the Bills Zone!

Let me add my voice to the chorus of those who would not want Drew Bledsoe back as the QB of the Buffalo Bills.

I won't bore you with the reasons why I don't think Bledsoe would be a fit for the Bills and go straight to the reasons that you, being a Cowboy fan, asked the question in the first place: I believe that what you saw of Bledsoe in a Cowboy uniform last year is all that you are ever going to get from him--indeed, it may be the most that your team will ever get out of him.

Bledsoe has been around a long time and has already served a stint under Parcells' tutelage before coming to Dallas, so don't fool yourself into believing that he will significantly change or improve his game this season or in the future. What you see is what you are going to get. Now, I'm sure that you are probably thinking that with T.O. to throw to, Bledsoe will certainly have to put up better numbers for Dallas this year than he did last season, but, while that may happen to a certain extent, I still wouldn't bet the ranch on it because the problems with Bledsoe have little to do with the receivers that he is throwing to and more to do with his immobility and decision-making.

As he did last season, Bledsoe got off to a great start with the Bills--setting many team passing records--until opposing teams began to catch on to how to defense him in the second half of his first season and his performance began to go downhill. Sound familiar? It should because, with only a few exceptions, Bledsoe's first season with Dallas last year was a lot like his first season with the Bills.

At the outset of last season, Bledsoe benefited a great deal from the unfamiliarity of opposing DCs with his style of play--after watching Bledsoe fold in the face of blitzes as the Bills QB, I was shocked at how little the Redskins (amongst others) blitzed him in their first game, but, as you saw, that changed as the season progressed. While some of the problems that Bledsoe had in the second half of last season can be attributed to the injuries that the Cowboys had to their offensive line, at least some of it also has to be attributed to the fact that, as happened when he was with the Bills, opposing defenses adjusted to him and began to put more pressure on him as well. Expect that to continue because, as you saw towards the end of last season, Bledsoe doesn't respond well to being pressured.

Even with T.O. there to make opponents pay occasionally for trying to bring extra pressure, opposing teams will soon discover that, if they can put pressure on Bledsoe, not only will he make mistakes, but, once that happens, he will begin to put even more pressure on himself and will continue to make even more mistakes. While that may not result in a very obvious decline in his play against lesser opponents because Bledsoe will be surrounded by a lot of talent on both sides of the ball in Dallas, you can expect it to come into play in the bigger games where there will be more at stake--much as you saw at the end of last season. The Cowboys are playing in a very tough division this season with three other teams that all figure to be better than they were last season--which means that, even with the improvements Dallas has made, they are going to be in a lot of tough games where the kind of mistakes that Bledsoe tends to make are going to be magnified and could be decisive.

While Tom Donahoe made a lot of mistakes and was wrong about a number of things, one thing that Donahoe was absolutely correct about was his assessment that Bledsoe is not a QB who can win a Super Bowl for his team. Depending on how good his offensive line is and how much talent he has on the field around him, Bledsoe is just good enough to win enough games to tantalize, but not good enough to avoid ultimately making the big mistakes that will lead to crushing disappointment.

I said, in answer to a similar question at this time last year, that Dallas would be 8-8 or 9-7 with Bledsoe at the helm. And, what did they finish? T.O. and a healthier offensive line will make them a more explosive offense as Parcells and J.Jones have loaded up for one last SB push for Parcells, but the defense will have to perform even better and the offensive line will have to stay healthy for them to win 9-10 games with Bledsoe at QB. While that could happen, with opposing defenses catching on to Bledsoe's limitations, if the offensive line doesn't stay healthy or perform up to expectations, Dallas fans could be calling for Bledsoe's head by the end of the season.

madness
03-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Heck no! Like Phil said, Parcells knows how to utilize him properly. He'd just be a heartbeat or two from death if he was still here. Plus he was my fantasy sleeper for the first half of the year. :up:

Captain gameboy
03-31-2006, 07:52 AM
The only ex Bill that I want back is Ernie Warlick, but welcome.

A Cowboy fan here can expect a quaility of life situation akin to a lab rat.

The non placebo lab rat.

justasportsfan
03-31-2006, 08:06 AM
No. Bledsoe will have streaks but tends to blow big games. The bigger the game, the crappier he becomes. Like I said, he'll have good games here and there but he's never consistent with or without an OL.

Here's another thing, if he had problems with Meshawn even with Parcells as coach, do you think he'll be buddies with T. O. ? It'll be a matter of time before T.O. get's frustrated with Drew.

Welcome BTW.

NC-BILLS44
03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the board!!!

As for Bledsoe, repeat after me.

"Throw the F'n ball!" You will be using this cheer frequently.

Good luck and again, welcome.

mybills
03-31-2006, 01:17 PM
He wears horse blinders and he blows it near the playoffs, so NO WAY.
but welcome!

blackonyx89
03-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey There! I'm a rookie. The guys are cool on this site.

Captain gameboy
03-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Ya.
Everybody's cool here.

This is from the last get-together, just after a tight end in round one question came up..
Disregard the first 15 secs and watch us at the end.

As the commentator correctly notes, no one was hospitalized.

Other events have not proven to be as peaceful.

www.guzer.com/videos/parents_fighting.php

Meathead
03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
i would gladly take bledsoe back if it got pat and ryan to :stfu:

Jarv
04-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Thank you all for the welcome !!

Have any of you ever been to Exremeskins, as Washington site ? Those guys are brutal and treat opposing fans horribly.

You guys show a lot of class.

Thanks for the updates on Bledsoe. I have a lot of friends here in CT that are Patriots fans, they have a lot of the same feelings you folks expressed. Of course having Brady as the QB I guess that they have good reason.

Like I said my roonmate is a Bills fan and I have DirectTV so we catch most of the Bills game's, when they don't conflict with Cowboys games...Even then there is a lot of channel switching going on.

He predicted Bledsoes 2nd half breakdown to me, then it came true. So I was curious if that was other Bills fans position also.

By the way, I really like what I saw in Holcomb last year. I know he's always been considered a jouneyman, but I think he's a very good QB. If the QB position is open to a fair competition I could see him winning it outright.

Again, thanks to the welcome !

mybills
04-01-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm your neighbor in RI. I know exactly what you mean by "Pats fans". :puke: :chuckle:
If you think Holcomb is a "very good QB" , apparently you're not good at judging QB's. And don't buy into the "Brady is God" crap...he'd be nothing without all that talent around him. Now that most of them are gone, you'll see just how unGodly he is. :snicker:

mybills
04-01-2006, 07:58 AM
He predicted Bledsoes 2nd half breakdown to me, then it came true. So I was curious if that was other Bills fans position also.

It certainly is my view. He did the same thing in NE & Buffalo. It was easy to predict that he would do that in Dallas.

Bulldog
04-01-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm your neighbor in RI. I know exactly what you mean by "Pats fans". :puke: :chuckle:
If you think Holcomb is a "very good QB" , apparently you're not good at judging QB's. And don't buy into the "Brady is God" crap...he'd be nothing without all that talent around him. Now that most of them are gone, you'll see just how unGodly he is. :snicker:

Ok, so Brady has how many SB rings and thats a result of only the talent around him? Thats a joke. I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but give the man his due. I would take Brady in Buffalo in a heartbeat. And anyone who says any different is a hater.

The_Philster
04-01-2006, 08:39 AM

It certainly is my view. He did the same thing in NE & Buffalo. It was easy to predict that he would do that in Dallas.
yeah, if you knew he'd lose his LT midway through the season ;)

mybills
04-01-2006, 08:45 AM
I guess I'm a Brady hater. Oh well.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you all for the welcome !!

Have any of you ever been to Exremeskins, as Washington site ? Those guys are brutal and treat opposing fans horribly.

You guys show a lot of class.

Thanks for the updates on Bledsoe. I have a lot of friends here in CT that are Patriots fans, they have a lot of the same feelings you folks expressed. Of course having Brady as the QB I guess that they have good reason.

Like I said my roonmate is a Bills fan and I have DirectTV so we catch most of the Bills game's, when they don't conflict with Cowboys games...Even then there is a lot of channel switching going on.

By the way, I really like what I saw in Holcomb last year. I know he's always been considered a jouneyman, but I think he's a very good QB. If the QB position is open to a fair competition I could see him winning it outright.

Again, thanks to the welcome !

Where in CT?

I'm in Springfield, MA (Agawam)