PDA

View Full Version : Fish retain backup RB Sammy Morris for one year

G. Host
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
With the availability of Ricky Williams still uncertain (due to yet another drug test failure), the Miami Dolphins have strengthened the backup tailback spot, reaching agreement with dependable six-year veteran Sammy Morris on a one-year contract to return to the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2389989

Good for Sammy although bad for rest if AFC East. I thought Sammy was a good backup when he played for Bills.

!Papacrunk!
03-30-2006, 09:55 PM
A lot of us Phin fans really have enjoyed Sammy's stay since he's been here. I'm excited that we retained him, too bad it wasn't for more than one year, but he's been one helluva player for us. It's rare when some players understand their role (as negative as that sounds,) but Sammy was solid when he was one of RBs on the Rb carosel (sp) when Ricky split, last season he was great on some 3rd down/situational and very exceptional on special teams. I think he may have been one of the ST captains, but I'm too tired at the moment to double check this, but to further the lovefest, great to see #31 back. In all sincerity, thanks for letting him go.