• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Friday Mornings Buffalo News Summarizes Moulds Deal

Much if it from Bills beat reporter Mark Gaughan confirms what was already said yesterday.

1. Moulds agrees to terms with Houston
    2. Philly out of the picture.
    3. Terms - 4 years 14 mil - 5 Mil signing bonus
    4. Houston trying to offer only a 5th - Bills will not budge from a 4th.
    5. Deal probably won't get done until next week or whenever Casserly decides to finally give the Bills the 4th rounder. He'd look like a-hole if he didn't.
    6. Bills currently 9 Mil under the cap. When Moulds leaves - 14.5 Mil under.

With 14.5 Mil and basically crap left in FA, it looks like a good time to get Willis and Nate signed up for several years each, wouldn't you say ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Friday Mornings Buffalo News Summarizes Moulds Deal

Originally posted by Night Train
    Much if it from Bills beat reporter Mark Gaughan confirms what was already said yesterday.

1. Moulds agrees to terms with Houston
    2. Philly out of the picture.
    4. Houston trying to offer only a 5th - Bills will not budge from a 4th.
    5. Deal probably won't get done until next week or whenever Casserly decides to finally give the Bills the 4th rounder. He'd look like a-hole if he didn't.
    6. Bills currently 9 Mil under the cap. When Moulds leaves - 14.5 Mil under.

With 14.5 Mil and basically crap left in FA, it looks like a good time to get Willis and Nate signed up for several years each, wouldn't you say ?

I used to consider Moulds my favorite player... but 4 years and 19 Million including his bonus? That doesn't even equate to 5 Million a year. What a f'n moron... when he was set to make 10 here and the F.O. wanted to keep him for anywhere from 5-7...

Yeah, I guess they could lock up Nate and Willis... might as well assure them that they are poised to rot their entire careers here as well until they pull a Moulds on us...

But IMO, no matter how far under the cap the Bills are, I don't see Willis staying here much longer.

Comment

• Night Train
      • Jul 2005

Yeah. That's why McGahee just bought a huge house in Orchard Park and is heard often saying how much he likes it here.

Keep perpetuating the blind hysteria.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Yeah. That's why McGahee just bought a huge house in Orchard Park and is heard often saying how much he likes it here.

Keep perpetuating the blind hysteria.
        He makes how many millions each year? I don't think it was too hard for him to buy a house in the Buffalo market... nor would it be hard for him to just pack up and leave.

Just because he bought a house in OP doesn't mean he's staying long term.

Of course he says he "likes it here", that's what every athlete says... why would he be such an idiot as to say "I hate it here, Buffalo sucks"

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
          But IMO, no matter how far under the cap the Bills are, I don't see Willis staying here much longer

Just because he bought a house in OP doesn't mean he's staying long term.

Of course he says he "likes it here", that's what every athlete says... why would he be such an idiot as to say "I hate it here, Buffalo sucks"
          He would say that he hates it here if he wanted to leave. He would not say it if he wanted to stay.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

'Locking up' Willis and Nate means absolutely nothing. Two years down the road they could pull the same stuff Moulds is...pocket a huge signing bonus from Ralph at the beginning of the contract, whine until you get traded for little or nothing, then pocket more up-front money from a team that you forced a trade to.

Management just keeps getting screwed over and over.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              'Locking up' Willis and Nate means absolutely nothing. Two years down the road they could pull the same stuff Moulds is...pocket a huge signing bonus from Ralph at the beginning of the contract, whine until you get traded for little or nothing, then pocket more up-front money from a team that you forced a trade to.
              No. They'll wait until they're 32 and on the decline before doing that.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

That's still only about 8 mil for the 2006 season....a far cry from the 11 he was to make here.

And for what?

To go to the worst team in the league?

That's funny.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

guys.. the 14 million INCLUDES the signing bonus..

5 mill SB
                  9 mill left over divided over 4 years = 2.25 mill a year average.

that is why i was so pissed off.

we offered him 4.5 mill a year in a pay cut.. and he said he would never take that.. but clearly, he is.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

But IMO, no matter how far under the cap the Bills are, I don't see Willis staying here much longer.

I agree. Seems to be a warm weather type of back. Hates the cold almost as much as roscoe.
                    [

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

5 mill SB

we offered him 4.5 mill a year in a pay cut.. and he said he would never take that.. but clearly, he is.
                      Ok...Gotcha.

That's even worse.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

He makes how many millions each year?

Actually, even though he counts against the cap more than a million he will make less than a million each of the next two years (depending on bonus money).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

5 mill SB

Oh damn, Now I'm really pissed too. ICE was right. Eric really hated it here and didn't want to be here anymore. He can go to hell.

Bye Eric! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

Moulds is an idiot. Yeah, so I won't take a paycut here.......but I'll go to an even crapier team, and take a gigantic paycut. Ha I'll show you!! jerkoff

That pisses me off. Rot in Houston.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                              That's still only about 8 mil for the 2006 season....a far cry from the 11 he was to make here.

And for what?

To go to the worst team in the league?

That's funny.
                              Um, the Bills wanted him to take a pay cut. I'm not feeling very sympathetic towards Moulds, but there was no way he was going to make in Buffalo what his contract specified.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X