PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt a TRADE of Moulds mean even MORE cap space?

X-Era
03-31-2006, 06:41 AM
Im pretty sure it does. A trade means that even the bonus money doesnt count.

Clumpy????

Night Train
03-31-2006, 06:44 AM
When he leaves, we'll be up to roughly 14.5 Mil of available cap space.

KFFL - Bills Sign Mike Pucillo ! J/k

clumping platelets
03-31-2006, 06:48 AM
yep.....

Michael82
03-31-2006, 06:48 AM
Now It frees up another $5,212,334 :jig:

according to Clump's cap page... :D
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/02/17/billszones_2006_buffalo_bills_salary_cap_page.php

Michael82
03-31-2006, 06:58 AM
When he leaves, we'll be up to roughly 14.5 Mil of available cap space.

KFFL - Bills Sign Mike Pucillo ! J/k
holy **** that's a lot of money! If i'm Marv, I would toss our 4th rounder to Green Bay for Javon Walker. Give him a new cap friendly contract and we'll still have extra money to work on new deals for Nate Clements, London Fletcher, and of course Willis McGahee. :up:

dannyek71
03-31-2006, 07:00 AM
holy **** that's a lot of money! If i'm Marv, I would toss our 4th rounder to Green Bay for Javon Walker. Give him a new cap friendly contract and we'll still have extra money to work on new deals for Nate Clements, London Fletcher, and of course Willis McGahee. :up:

Clements and WM are overrated, and London is starting to get up there in age.

How is Javon Walker's knee anyways?

Michael82
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM

I've heard it's doing better. A 4th rounder is worth it for someone with his kind of talent. Plus, he's young. And I bet you could give him a new contract with injury protection in case he is never back to the Javon Walker from 2004.

clumping platelets
03-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Forget Javon Walker

Ebenezer
03-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Forget Javon Walker
and why?? name a better WR on the Bills roster.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 07:21 AM
and why?? name a better WR on the Bills roster.
EXACTLY!

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 07:31 AM

1) I like the idea of Walker and Evans.

2) Do we even know if marv wants to extend those guys? Fletch is OLD. Clements thinks he needs 7+ mill per year and I don't see the Bills ever paying a CB that much. NO CB is worth that much esp with todays rules.

3) Sit on the money. Don't spend just to spend. Go into Free agency next year with a ton of money.

Think on this. We draft well, pick up a couple more mid tier FA's and go say 7-9. 3 more wins and we are talking playoffs. Now we get back all that money against our cap for Williams, milloy, Adams and Moulds. I am guessing but that may be about 13 mill in dead cap we get back? Clump?

So 13 mill + the 7 mill increase in the cap (already set with the new CBA) And lets say we carry 10 mill of the 14.5 we have left over to next year. That is 30 million we would be under the cap!

At that time we will have our needs to be a playoff/ superbowl contender more clear cut, less holes to address and can really attack FA!

I say if we can swing the walker trade, so be it. Otherwise, sit. Just sit on the cap space for now.

BillsNick
03-31-2006, 07:34 AM
If anyone would like to vent, or get some Moulds crap off their chest, Please check out my thread in the NO TOS Twilight Zone. You'll know which one it is. :snicker:

I feel better

Jersey1031
03-31-2006, 07:38 AM

No way, bring on Walker, definitely lock up Nate and Willis, and London is only 30. A year older than TKO...

THATHURMANATOR
03-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Im pretty sure it does. A trade means that even the bonus money doesnt count.

Clumpy????
I thought you gave up as a Bills fan already?

Saratoga Slim
03-31-2006, 07:48 AM
1) I like the idea of Walker and Evans.

2) Do we even know if marv wants to extend those guys? Fletch is OLD. Clements thinks he needs 7+ mill per year and I don't see the Bills ever paying a CB that much. NO CB is worth that much esp with todays rules.

3) Sit on the money. Don't spend just to spend. Go into Free agency next year with a ton of money.

Think on this. We draft well, pick up a couple more mid tier FA's and go say 7-9. 3 more wins and we are talking playoffs. Now we get back all that money against our cap for Williams, milloy, Adams and Moulds. I am guessing but that may be about 13 mill in dead cap we get back? Clump?

So 13 mill + the 7 mill increase in the cap (already set with the new CBA) And lets say we carry 10 mill of the 14.5 we have left over to next year. That is 30 million we would be under the cap!

At that time we will have our needs to be a playoff/ superbowl contender more clear cut, less holes to address and can really attack FA!

I say if we can swing the walker trade, so be it. Otherwise, sit. Just sit on the cap space for now.

good post Ice. only thing I don't agree with is Fletcher. I'd like to lock him in, sure didn't show any signs of slowing down last season. I bet he's got 2-3 more in him.

TigerJ
03-31-2006, 07:58 AM
I've seen one mock that has Buffalo trading first round picks with GB to get Javon Walker. The differential between 8th and 15th ion the draft value chart is worth a lot more than a fourth round pick. A third and a fourth gets close to it. The point is, GB may be angling for a lot more than a fourth to give him up. The problem, of course, is he's damaged goods. Do you risk that much for damaged goods?

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:01 AM
I've seen one mock that has Buffalo trading first round picks with GB to get Javon Walker. The differential between 8th and 15th ion the draft value chart is worth a lot more than a fourth round pick. A third and a fourth gets close to it. The point is, GB may be angling for a lot more than a fourth to give him up. The problem, of course, is he's damaged goods. Do you risk that much for damaged goods?

Wow. That actually has some merrit. We can trade down and get the OT we want while getting a WR. I still think GB wants some other pick. So throw them a 5th rounder or something.

Gunzlingr
03-31-2006, 08:27 AM
I think Javon Walker will be fine, and would love to see him in a Bills Uni.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 08:40 AM
I think Javon Walker will be fine, and would love to see him in a Bills Uni.
Me too. :drool:

Come on Marv, get er done! :pray:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:43 AM
LMAO take The Texans first pick in the 4th then trade our #8 in the 4th to GB for walker? hell yeah!

BillsFever21
03-31-2006, 11:04 AM
He might have a bum knee but GB would still want more then a 4th round pick.

A 4th round pick isn't nothing for the chance to land a potential elite WR. He as a better chance of still being an elite WR then you would get in the 4th round by drafting one. If he was on our roster right now would you trade him for a 4th round pick? I didn't think so.

The only way he would go for a 4th is if there was a conditional draft pick depending on how well he does coming back from the injury.

It would take a higher 3rd round pick to get him and maybe a later round pick too. I would give that up for a chance of landing one of the top WR's in the game when he's healthy.

Ask yourself this... If Javon Walker was sent to the draft this season where would he be drafted at? It would sure be a hell of a lot higher then the 4th round.

If an unproven Willis McGahee can get drafted in the 1st round with a tore up knee then a proven star when healthy like Javon Walker will certaintly go for more then a 4th round pick.

When people start throwing out these crazy assed fantasy trade proposals I think they fail to ask themselves if we were trading or trading for that player/draft picks what would we find respectable?

I highly doubt anyone here would be thrilled to trade Javon Walker for a 4th round pick if he was on our team. Hell the same people thought we could get a 2nd for Mould a month ago.

They are only thinking what would be a great deal for us without asking themselves if the opposing team would think that was a great deal.

If you were the team trading for Moulds would a 2nd round pick sound acceptable to you? If you were the team trading Walker would a 4th do the trick for you? I highly doubt it.

Mr. Pink
03-31-2006, 03:43 PM
However Fever, if you were to also swap picks in RD1 to go along with that 4th round pick to get Javon, value wise it's about right. That only works however if there is someone that GB values HIGHLY that they know won't be there when they pick.

Also this whole thread is basically moot anyways, wishful thinking, pipe dream, whatever you wanna call it. Seeing GB has come out and publicly stated that they will not trade Javon Walker. I will re-iterate that, WILL NOT. I'd love to see Javon here it would help greatly, but it just ain't happening.

Michael82
04-02-2006, 03:56 PM
LMAO take The Texans first pick in the 4th then trade our #8 in the 4th to GB for walker? hell yeah!
It can be done. :drool: