PDA

View Full Version : LMAO stand your ground marv!

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 07:14 AM
So, we are at that point huh? Houston thinks it can lowball the Bills into their 5th rounder? Not going to happen. It's their 4th (1st over all on day 2) or he sits.

I still talk with Philly if I am Marv. Wouldn't that be a beeoch? Philly agrees to thier 4th and Marv says ok.

I guess Eric 'personal advisor' better get the texans on board or they aren't getting thier guy.

Now, 4 years 14 million? 3.5 per with a 5 mill bonus? Wow if that isn't a slap in the face to Bills FANS I don't know what is. Didn't johnson say that the Bills offer was way too low and unacceptable? I doubt we went from 7.089 to 3.5. Bottom line he wanted a 3rd bonus in 6 years and wanted the hell out of Buffalo.

Marvelous
03-31-2006, 07:22 AM
I doubt we went from 7.089 to 3.5.
you don't know for sure. Until you do, your speculating is negative.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 07:24 AM

Hey anakin...Moulds doesn't want to be here. You guys gotta let go of these individual players. The days of pre free agency are gone. Players aren't loyal to a team and their fans, not like the old days. To me free agency was the worst thing that could happen.

Mitchy moo
03-31-2006, 07:29 AM

:bullseye: Ice can't look at it anyother way, unless the guy has a higher rating.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 07:38 AM
uhhh, i'm pretty sure that the NFL prohibits that large of a paycut in one year. i think there is a maximum cut that a player can take. :scratch:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 07:42 AM
uhhh, i'm pretty sure that the NFL prohibits that large of a paycut in one year. i think there is a maximum cut that a player can take. :scratch:

It was 30% I believe. Look some just have to find a way to put this on marv and co when reality is, Moulds doesn't want to be here any longer.

madness
03-31-2006, 07:44 AM
I'd take a conditional 5th with a move up to a 4th. As soon as he spits on another player or knocks up a native texan it bumps up to a 4th. :jk:

Michael82
03-31-2006, 07:46 AM
I have another team that Marv should call this weekend.....

Minnesota Vikings

Seriously, they are most likely going to decline to match the crazy contract for Nate Burleson and could use a #1 to go alongside Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor. They are going to be getting the 31st pick of the 3rd round from the Seahawks. I'd take that pick in a heartbeat. :drool:

Ickybaluky
03-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Now, 4 years 14 million? 3.5 per with a 5 mill bonus? Wow if that isn't a slap in the face to Bills FANS I don't know what is. Didn't johnson say that the Bills offer was way too low and unacceptable? I doubt we went from 7.089 to 3.5. Bottom line he wanted a 3rd bonus in 6 years and wanted the hell out of Buffalo.

Though he is scheduled to earn $7M this year, the fact is the Bills are not going to pay him that money. They have already told him that they want him to take a paycut.

The average annual value of his contract is not relevant. The money he gets up front is relevant. He gets $5M to sign and probably about $8M over the first 2 years. That isn't bad money. The fact is the Bills wanted him to take a paycut and there is no guarantee that if he takes the cut they don't just release him next year anyway. It isn't like the remaining money on his contract is guaranteed.

It seems to me getting $5M up front guaranteed is the key to his agreeing to a deal with Houston, and is pretty good money for a guy of his age. He has done pretty good for himself.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Though he is scheduled to earn $7M this year, the fact is the Bills are not going to pay him that money. They have already told him that they want him to take a paycut.

The average annual value of his contract is not relevant. The money he gets up front is relevant. He gets $5M to sign and probably about $8M over the first 2 years. That isn't bad money. The fact is the Bills wanted him to take a paycut and there is no guarantee that if he takes the cut they don't just release him next year anyway. It isn't like the remaining money on his contract is guaranteed.

It seems to me getting $5M up front guaranteed is the key to his agreeing to a deal with Houston, and is pretty good money for a guy of his age. He has done pretty good for himself.

LMAO Moulds is a POS And I cant wait for the cancer to be off of this team. Hell offer the SOB 110 mill per year for all I give a damn. Just ship his ass off of the team I root for. We have wasted enough time on this cancer, time to cut it out.

Kerr
03-31-2006, 07:52 AM
I have another team that Marv should call this weekend.....

Minnesota Vikings

Seriously, they are most likely going to decline to match the crazy contract for Nate Burleson and could use a #1 to go alongside Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor. They are going to be getting the 31st pick of the 3rd round from the Seahawks. I'd take that pick in a heartbeat. :drool:

They would have be the ideal candidate to work out a trade with, but it doesn't seem like they even jumped on trying and trading for moulds, so they must be confident with their current wr situation.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 07:59 AM
They would have be the ideal candidate to work out a trade with, but it doesn't seem like they even jumped on trying and trading for moulds, so they must be confident with their current wr situation.

Has it occured to anyone else that maybe...just maybe Moulds just isn't that attractive to teams? And for all of his personal assistants postureing in the press, it seems only two teams gave him the time of day after calling moulds people. Texans and philly. From reports coming out Philly was never really in it.

Further proof of how Bills fans over value players on this team. Moulds is a good #2 Possession WR with 3 years left, that's all. Marv and co knew it and wanted to pay him accordingly.

justasportsfan
03-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Everyone will low ball us by waiting for Moulds to get cut. They'll give him his money but not a draft pick. All these reports are hurting the bills especially since teams are reading that no one is interested in trading.

Kerr
03-31-2006, 08:09 AM
The problem is the bills won't cut moulds, they'd rather get something for him than just let him go with nothing in return.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:10 AM
Everyone will low ball us by waiting for Moulds to get cut. They'll give him his money but not a draft pick. All these reports are hurting the bills especially since teams are reading that no one is interested in trading.

If that happened and I was marv...I keep him. I don't have to cut him. I have 9 mill in cap room (6.5 after the draft) so I let him sit. I gain back over 8 mill in dead cap next year plus the 7 mill increase thanks to the CBA.

If I go into camp with say 5 mill (lets say a June 1st signing) then you add to that another 15 from DC And Cap increase I am looking at 20 mill for next year when my roster needs are more defined. We dont' have to cut this clown. We can sit his arse right on the bench. First sign of being an arse, suspend and fine him.

No fans don't get the BILLS hold all the cards, not moulds. When the CBA came though that ended any leverage moulds had.

Screw the clown. Texans can hand us thier 4th or moulds sits! But he won't. Like I said in another thread, come August / September when some WR has went down in camp or some team realises they dont' have what they need, they WILL hand us a 3rd rounder in 07 for him. Just wait and see.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:10 AM
The problem is the bills won't cut moulds, they'd rather get something for him than just let him go with nothing in return.

And they should

Michael82
03-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Further proof of how Bills fans over value players on this team.

Ummm, hate to correct you on this. But you are WRONG, Ice. Everyone over values their players. It isn't just Bills fans. :peace:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Ummm, hate to correct you on this. But you are WRONG, Ice. Everyone over values their players. It isn't just Bills fans. :peace:

Not as badly as bills fans do. Geez.

Ickybaluky
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
If I go into camp with say 5 mill (lets say a June 1st signing) then you add to that another 15 from DC And Cap increase I am looking at 20 mill for next year when my roster needs are more defined. We dont' have to cut this clown. We can sit his arse right on the bench. First sign of being an arse, suspend and fine him.

The new CBA limits the way you can punish him. You can't do what the Eagles did with TO last year. You don't have to play him, but you do have to pay him.

I find your "punishment" kind of funny. You are going to punish him by making him show up an paying him over $7M this year. I should be punished that way. All he has to do to collect that money is be on the roster at the start of the year, when his entire salary is guaranteed as a vet. Really, all he has to do is show up. He can play if you want him to, but he doesn't have to play well.

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Take the deal Marv. This is not the time to overplay our hand.

BillsFever21
03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Has it occured to anyone else that maybe...just maybe Moulds just isn't that attractive to teams? And for all of his personal assistants postureing in the press, it seems only two teams gave him the time of day after calling moulds people. Texans and philly. From reports coming out Philly was never really in it.

Further proof of how Bills fans over value players on this team. Moulds is a good #2 Possession WR with 3 years left, that's all. Marv and co knew it and wanted to pay him accordingly.

You mean Moulds isn't an elite WR like Moss, Holt and Johnson? I find that hard to believe. You mean all these people around here who thinks he is are wrong? It can't be. There's gotta be another reason.

mybills
03-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Keep him, pay him, and play him Marv! I want to see ICE blow a gasket! :evil:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Keep him, pay him, and play him Marv! I want to see ICE blow a gasket! :evil:

Marv is too smart to keep that old fart around....:couch:

SABURZFAN
03-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Take the deal Marv. This is not the time to overplay our hand.

i'm glad you're not the GM.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
i'm glad you're not the GM.
I was thinking the same thing. :phew:

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing. :phew:

I wish you were. The we'd be getting a 2nd or 3rd in next year's draft for Moulds.:lmao:

hydro014
03-31-2006, 02:28 PM
would you guys take the texans 5th and swap 2nd rounders that could be the difference b/w getting the best guard or center available. (mangold C, max-jean G, Lutui G)? or is it a 4th or nothing?

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 02:45 PM
would you guys take the texans 5th and swap 2nd rounders that could be the difference b/w getting the best guard or center available. (mangold C, max-jean G, Lutui G)? or is it a 4th or nothing?

Interesting idea. But I wouldn't take Gilles or Lutui that high. Mangold or Winston would be cool. Maybe you should give Marv a call.

hydro014
03-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Interesting idea. But I wouldn't take Gilles or Lutui that high. Mangold or Winston would be cool. Maybe you should give Marv a call.

I would take any of those guys but i am sure that Marv has one higher than the others so it might be option to make sure he gets one. It was just a thought.