PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see the comparison to the Travis Henry situation last year?

Michael82
03-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Last March, it was pretty much all over the place that Travis Henry was pissed off and wanted out. Tom Donahoe kept chatting to all the different teams and at times it seemed like he wouldn't get what he wanted. Everyone thought that Tom Donahoe would just cut him, instead of wait. People got nervous and were saying that he should just get a deal done with Arizona. Finally, in July the Tennessee Titans got onboard and worked on a contract with Travis Henry and then boom, sent a 3rd round draft pick to the Buffalo Bills (which happens to be the 6th pick!) I could see the EXACT same thing happening with Eric Moulds.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Last April, it was pretty much all over the place that Travis Henry was pissed off and wanted out. Tom Donahoe kept chatting to all the different teams and at times it seemed like he wouldn't get what he wanted. Everyone thought that Tom Donahoe would just cut him, instead of wait. People got nervous and were saying that he should just get a deal done with Arizona. Finally, in July the Tennessee Titans got onboard and worked on a contract with Travis Henry and then boom, sent a 3rd round draft pick to the Buffalo Bills (which happens to be the 6th pick!) I could see the EXACT same thing happening with Eric Moulds.

Hey we don't have to have a pick THIS Year. I say sit on his arse unless the Texans pony up the first pick on day 2.

Someone WILL Call and trade for him come August or September.

clumping platelets
03-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Moulds is gone by next week.......this situation is different

jmb1099
03-31-2006, 08:42 AM
I thought about that too Mikey and I am optimistic, not overly, but hopeful that Marv can get us something decent. My fingers are crossed!

Michael82
03-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Moulds is gone by next week.......this situation is different
how do you figure? We got the cap money. We can hold onto him until July again and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next year's draft.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
I mean come on....this sounds exactly the same. And we still got a ****ing 3rd rounder for him. :up:

Travis Henry (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235216) is through playing for the Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/BUF), intent to sit out as long as it takes the team to trade him.
"I'm definitely not going back to Buffalo if that's what you want to hear," the running back told The Associated Press from his home in Orlando, Fla. "No minicamps. No training camp. No nothing. ... I packed my stuff and left. As soon as the season was over, I was out of there and I didn't have any plans of coming back."
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/8316634

Night Train
03-31-2006, 09:00 AM
I mean come on....this sounds exactly the same. And we still got a ****ing 3rd rounder for him. :up:

Travis was much younger with a dirt cheap contract, making him easy to deal. Not the same.

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 10:08 AM
how do you figure? We got the cap money. We can hold onto him until July again and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next year's draft.

I doubt that very very much. We need to take their 5th and be thrilled. Teams will offer us NOTHING for Moulds after the draft. Why? Because they know we're not going to carry his 10m cap # for the season so he can do what he did in Miami 16 times and so at the end of the day we will cut him. AFTER the draft teams will wait us out like buzzards, as they should. IMO it's now or never for Moulds. Philly is the cheapest organization in football so they're not going to come close to meeting EMo's ridiculous contract demands, nor is anyone else. It's Houston or nothing. We know it and they know it. Take the deal and be happy we got something for his overrated, overpaid, cancerous ass.

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 10:15 AM

It's exactly the same except....it's totally different. Henry was young and still had a year left on a dirt cheap contract. Moulds is old has a huge contract and is demanding top dollar. A better comparison this year is in Dallas- they had two 2005 Pro Bowl players due to make big money- Larry Allen and L'aroi Glover- and they got ....nothing for either one. In the immortal words of OJ Simpson- "take the fifth".

BillsFever21
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
It's exactly the same except....it's totally different. Henry was young and still had a year left on a dirt cheap contract. Moulds is old has a huge contract and is demanding top dollar. A better comparison this year is in Dallas- they had two 2005 Pro Bowl players due to make big money- Larry Allen and L'aroi Glover- and they got ....nothing for either one. In the immortal words of OJ Simpson- "take the fifth".

Exactly.

It's not like there are a dozen teams offering us something for Moulds. He isn't a very hot commodity where teams felt they had to get him or there would be more teams offering something up. Houston seems like the only taker. Unless somebody else steps up to the plate then why would they bid against themselves like we did with Drew Bledsoe?

I think the Texans will end up giving us their 4th though. They know if Moulds hits the FA market he won't be coming to Houston unless nobody else matches their contract. Right now they are the only serious player for him so Moulds doesn't have a choice.

Mitchy moo
03-31-2006, 10:52 AM
What's really sweet is we have 2 early 3 round picks, I really like that. We can get some real good one's out of the 3rd and early 4th rounds.

BigGabes23
03-31-2006, 11:57 AM
The thing is, we don't HAVE to cut him. what's the difference, were rebuilding anyway, we're not going to sign anyone with the money freed up. Hold onto him untill the price is right....

Forward_Lateral
03-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Mikey, Henry was making like 500K. Moulds is making 10 million. There's a difference.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 12:47 PM
The thing is, we don't HAVE to cut him. what's the difference, were rebuilding anyway, we're not going to sign anyone with the money freed up. Hold onto him untill the price is right....
EXACTLY!

Night Train
03-31-2006, 02:06 PM
The Bills will get the 1st pick of Day 2 and move on. They won't hold out for more unless some other team showed up and offered him the same contract with a higher pick. Right now, the Texans are the only interested team,so that looks very unlikely.

Travis had more than the Titans interested and he was a young featured RB with a cheap contract. Not an aging WR with a fat contract.

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 02:41 PM

You think we're going to pay Moulds over $6m this year when he's stated he doesn't want to be here?:coocoo:

Bill Cody
03-31-2006, 02:43 PM
The Bills will get the 1st pick of Day 2 and move on. They won't hold out for more unless some other team showed up and offered him the same contract with a higher pick. Right now, the Texans are the only interested team,so that looks very unlikely.

Right now that's what we're asking. If the Texans offered the 1st pick of Day 2 Moulds would already be a Texan.